Insane CPU temps, 60-70 idle and 115°C constant under load

Okay so my PC went into thermal shutdown a couple times and I started monitoring temps and I'm not sure what the shutdown threshold is but it is consistently sitting at 115°C under load which seems insane. I've dusted fans, checked the radiator, and I've decided the issue must be with the AIO cooler since this is drastically off what it should be and is a recent issue that started since I moved. The cooler doesn't seem to be lose and is fastened fine. I am going to try remounting and applying thermal paste when the paste arrives tomorrow but will that really cool things by 80 degrees? I leave my PC shutdown and am scared to fry the cpu anymore than I already have... Do I need to replace the AIO altogether? I feel vibrations coming from the liquid pipes if that means anything. (Also I seem to have 73°C in bios. I also see in bios my aio is running, I see 3600 rpm)

Edit: attached pic of specs if relevant (prebuilt)

Screenshot_20200818-204602_Chrome.jpg

Something has gone horribly wrong. Make sure you have all the cables plugged in, Might have to RMA

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

is this pc new? has it worked before?

either dead pump, or cooler not screwed tight enough

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

13 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

Is the pump on? You should be able to tell in software. Seems like a bad pump, you should get a NH-U12S

13 hours ago, Moonzy said:

is this pc new? has it worked before?

either dead pump, or cooler not screwed tight enough

This issue just started very recently. And no the PC is 2 yrs old

13 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

Is the pump on? You should be able to tell in software. Seems like a bad pump, you should get a NH-U12S

The pump seems to be on I can feel the vibrations and the water the pipes feel warm. Not sure what software. I will update this once I apply thermal and remount but if it is busted I'm going to get the one you suggested

1 minute ago, gurchinanu said:

This issue just started very recently. And no the PC is 2 yrs old

when the system is running, can u feel vibration from the pump when you touch it? or you can use a software monitoring tool to check if the pump is running, if it's plugged into the pump header on the motherboard

Just now, gurchinanu said:

The pump seems to be on I can feel the vibrations and the water the pipes feel warm. Not sure what software. I will update this once I apply thermal and remount but if it is busted I'm going to get the one you suggested

yea try a paste swap if this is the case

Just now, Moonzy said:

when the system is running, can u feel vibration from the pump when you touch it? or you can use a software monitoring tool to check if the pump is running, if it's plugged into the pump header on the motherboard

I believe I can feel the vibration, I should use the tool u mentioned anyway, what kind of software?

I believe I can feel the vibration, I should use the tool u mentioned anyway, what kind of software?

if you can feel warm water on the other pipe, then it's probably flowing ok

try swapping the thermal paste first

as for software, i believe u can use HWinfo

1 hour ago, gurchinanu said:

I believe I can feel the vibration

Are you able to see inside the pump? To watch the water being sucked in? I've heard of some coolant that can clog the pump/CPU block causing poor water flow after a while. Would be an abnormal case since it's a pre built and they use the same stuff for every build. Rare but better exclude the possibility

On 8/19/2020 at 10:37 AM, Moonzy said:

yea try a paste swap if this is the case

Sadly paste swap has done nothing. Time to bite the bullet and replace the cooler it seems....is there any chance it still won't work after that? Like maybe a power supply issue ?

On 8/19/2020 at 12:38 PM, Jenko32 said:

Are you able to see inside the pump? To watch the water being sucked in? I've heard of some coolant that can clog the pump/CPU block causing poor water flow after a while. Would be an abnormal case since it's a pre built and they use the same stuff for every build. Rare but better exclude the possibility

No sadly not :(. Im thinking of just replacing it but I wanna make sure that's the issue and not PSU or something

No sadly not :(. Im thinking of just replacing it but I wanna make sure that's the issue and not PSU or something

I don't think the PSU could be the problem, could only think of a component of the water cooling system

You could try buying a good heatsink for 40-60 dollars and then try to troubleshoot the cooling outside

At least if it works you could use your system

41 minutes ago, Jenko32 said:

I don't think the PSU could be the problem, could only think of a component of the water cooling system

You could try buying a good heatsink for 40-60 dollars and then try to troubleshoot the cooling outside

At least if it works you could use your system

Yeah I've opted to go with noctua NH u12s. Hopefully a good call. First time going with air cooling l.

6 hours ago, gurchinanu said:

Sadly paste swap has done nothing. Time to bite the bullet and replace the cooler it seems....is there any chance it still won't work after that? Like maybe a power supply issue ?

Think it's cooler issue, definitely not a power supply issue