Ryzen 53500 vs 3600

hi All,

is Ryzen 5 3600 better than 3500 in-terms of gaming?  if so how much its(3600) better?

yes it is. it depends from game to game and it depends on the gpu and the resolution and refresh rate. so it's difficult to say how much better

2 minutes ago, ObiWonKenOB said:

hi All,

is Ryzen 5 3600 better than 3500 in-terms of gaming?  if so how much its(3600) better?

Yes. Basically look at the older 6 core i5's. They do alright in gaming but the moment any other task needs to use the cpu the framerate drops a bit but stutters start happening and the experience becomes pretty awful. So whilst the average framerate may only go up a couple fps the consistency between the 2 in newer games is massive.

A good example is if you were for instance listening to some music on youtube the 3500 may start stuttering in a game like call of duty warzone but the 3600 won't as it has 6 more threads that can execute the task.

Hi everyone,

Is it worth to upgrading from R5 3500 to 3600

Useage will be gaming and content creation.

2 minutes ago, ObiWonKenOB said:

Hi everyone,

Keep it for now and do so with ryzen 4000.

3 minutes ago, ObiWonKenOB said:

Hi everyone,

Hard no

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

1 minute ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

Hard no

is there any specific reason ?

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Keep it for now and do so with ryzen 4000.

Does Ryzen 4000 will need be compatible with B450 chip set?

5 minutes ago, ObiWonKenOB said:

is there any specific reason ?

Its such a worthless upgrade. The only difference is one has hyperthreading and the other does not. Why did you not get a 3600 in the first place? BTW wait for zen 3

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

If you really need more Cores/Threads for whatever you do, your next step should be an 8-Core.
If Ryzen 4000 is compatible, invest into a R7 4700~ with 8 Cores, 16 Threads, and just be Happy with it for the next 6~ Years or so.

hi,

is it worth Upgrading from ryzen 5 3500 to ryzen 7 2700 for gaming and content creation?

1 minute ago, ObiWonKenOB said:

hi,

is it worth Upgrading from ryzen 5 3500 to ryzen 7 2700 for gaming and content creation?

Wait for ryzen 4000. This is a half downgrade half upgrade for gaming but an upgrade for certain content creation. What content creation do you do?

In gaming, you'll likely get worse performance. If you're doing any heavily multi threaded tasks, that will get a sizeable boost from the two extra cores and 10 extra threads, though. It's really up to what you're doing, but more likely than not, it's not going to be a worthwhile upgrade for you.

Something like a 3600 would have been a better choice, originally, but could've, would've, should've. I'd save your money, wait for Zen 3, and then doing an actual real upgrade.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Same response as...Chris Pratt...

You'll likely see a downgrade to gaming performance, but if the programs you use for content creation favor more cores and threads, you'll see a major upgrade here. If these programs favor clock speed, it would likely be a downgrade.

My recommendation would be a 3600 if you need it now (they're dirty cheap) or to wait for the 4000 series, and see what it offers after review media has had a chance to beat on them for a bit.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

*** Threads merged ***

Please don't post multiple times about same subject.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv