Should i update my windows to the 2004 version

-WHIZ-

So back in May my machine couldn't update to the 2004, now today i can and i heard that there are some bad stuff happening if u update

If you choose to update, make sure you backup first, in case something goes wrong. You should always have backups, but especially before updates.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

51 minutes ago, -WHIZ- said:

So back in May my machine couldn't update to the 2004, now today i can and i heard that there are some bad stuff happening if u update

It's anecdotal but when my laptop went to 2004, it broke my Settings (and everything associated with it). I wasn't able to launch it because the files were corrupted. I had to go through the Powershell and restore the files and now it works, but my Search function is completely broken since the update. Haven't found a fix yet except to roll back to the previous version.

3 hours ago, -WHIZ- said:

I personally have major updates on a 3 month delay that gives MS time to fix all the things they screwed up before I update.

14 hours ago, -WHIZ- said:

You'll always hear that things, every update or basically anything related to Windows. It's widely used system so there is no big surprise that if even 0.01% have some problems, you can find hundreds of posts about that problem on internet.

Don't worry, upgrade.