CMOS clear required everytime after XMP on R1500X

esiotrotder

I tried to overclock my RAM above the base speed of 2133 MHz. When I entered the BIOS, I saw the option to enable XMP and decided to try it first. Now, I cannot get into the BIOS. A usual reboot stalls, with lights on and fans spinning, but no power to USB devices and nothing on screen. If I short the CMOS clear pins, I can enter Windows, but the computer jumps straight from showing the Gigabyte logo to having the windows orbs circling on the same screen, without allowing me to enter the BIOS to make any further changes.

I'd love to get the memory up to spec speed of 3000 MHz, but at this point I am fine having the computer just boot normally.

My specs:

• Windows 10 Education build
  • Ryzen 5 1500X
  • Gigabyte AB350-Gaming
  • BIOS: F4. 4/7/2017
  • 2X 8BG Corsair Vengeance LPX (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
  • GPU: Was GTX760, upgraded to GTX1070 in this time
  • Crucial MX300 500GB SATA SSD
  • Seasonic G series 650W, 80+ Gold

Probably not likely while the memory controller supports up to 2667mhz.

Start at this frequency and test stability. Then incrementally increase and test.

Firstly, make sure your BIOS is running the very latest version. If you are already running the latest you will need to try increasing the DRAM voltage up to a max of 1.45v and SoC voltage up to 1.15v. If that still doesn't work you will need to try a slightly slower XMP profile.

I should clarify - my first issue is getting to the BIOS. When I reboot, the "Press F2 (or whatever) to enter the BIOS" doesn't show up, and mashing all those buttons does nothing.

After that, the OCing tips should be helpful, thanks.

EDIT: I was being a dumbass, I can now get in and reset the BIOS to defaults ("load optimized defaults"), now I can start modifying from there.

Edited by esiotrotder