What's your Music Player?

Peterwoo802

I use the Sony NW-A55 as my daily driver

• Some thoughts on it 
    • It's pretty decent overall considering that it is not one of Sony's more high end models, or in fact a not high end model at all.
    • Sony definitely made some improvements on the overall shape of this thing by adding curved sides making it much more comfortable to hold unlike the flat rigid sides in their previous models.

I use the Etymotic Research ER4 Studio References (they don't necessarily sound great because they are studio monitors, but I got them for free so...) 

Just curious on what people use these days when smartphones are more prominently used.

Pics:

IMG_0010.thumb.JPG.7995f97ed85c882a346c2d904148974d.JPGIMG_0011.thumb.JPG.6dfcc9e27d23e56bc92a513b003909e4.JPG

o?

I don't have a dedicated music player. I just have my MacBook Pro and my iPhone 8 Plus with my AirPods and my ATH-M50Xs.

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

For what it's worth, a dedicated music player is pointless for my needs. Kinda wish it wasn't but it's more of an inconvenience for me more than anything, but in any case, I use my phone (an iPhone 7 Plus) to listen to music when I'm in my car and my desktop for when I'm at home and want to listen to music.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I use my iPhone XS 256GB with my AirPods Pro or Sony WH-CH700N

I used to use the iPod nano but this version: ipod-nano-5g-blue-front.jpg

Possibly the best iPod in my experience and mine still works even after like 5 yrs or so.

I use my Sony compact phone, it has the same software as a Sony walkman, so good enough for my needs.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

I use my PC and my phone. Last now a Note 10 Plus.
But the software is also very important. I consider these to be the best available.

Winamp for PC (Yes even tho its a decade old and not being worked on its still the BEST!!!)
And for Android i use PowerAmp. It had the best EQ when i started using it. But now im just used to it.

photo_2020-08-16_11-30-41.jpg

Screenshot_84.png

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Foobar2000 in both the streets and the sheets:

Screenshot_20200816-123122.thumb.jpg.abe3d4a1617052b439e0e84875502359.jpgUntitled.thumb.png.89bb0d2ecc39a3ce5f8aaab4113cfd7d.png

I don't have the pockets to carry around a dedicated DAP, and I don't have the forethought to charge yet another device at night. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Used to use an iPod Nano 6th Gen (last iPod Nano) now it's my phone which is an iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB with AirPods Gen 2. Might grab a pair of AirPods Pro since the telco i'm with has an offer for me where I can get a pair for half price outright.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

15 hours ago, Caroline said:

"what is (in) your...." threads lately?

Lol I thought the same and decided to jump on that bandwagon

o?

15 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

a dedicated music player is pointless for my needs

True, many ppl don't really need one.

With the exception of those who only listen to hi-fi music or if your a classical musician

o?

10 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

I only listen to music at home .....

You listen to classical?

o?

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

i am somehow weird

No! not at all, It's interesting to see people listening to it
I myself am a heavy classical listener, it's basically 90% of what I listen to

o?

17 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Fun fact, some of the best musicians are no names in studios and orchestras.

I wouldn't say that they are the best but they are extremely good players

In fact, there are too many "Very good" players these days, it brings almost too much competition among us. 

o?

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

he can even use tapping on one neck while harmonizing on an opposing neck with his teeth

Wow, thats really something.

o?

mine is a modified sony nw e394

IMG_2831.thumb.JPG.aa6c6639e5193b14dd96d0448105753e.JPG.b4fd2719a4edac5eb4d595d2f7ad3859.JPG

my review

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

On 8/16/2020 at 3:02 PM, HanZie82 said:

I use my PC and my phone. Last now a Note 10 Plus.
But the software is also very important. I consider these to be the best available.

Winamp for PC (Yes even tho its a decade old and not being worked on its still the BEST!!!)
And for Android i use PowerAmp. It had the best EQ when i started using it. But now im just used to it.

ah someone else who uses poweramp, one of the best mp3 player apps imo

😕

• 3 weeks later...

When I'm away from my PC, I use a Nokia Nexus 6 smartphone as a music player. The phone has a Beats Audio app installed, since it has a built in EQ that works reasonably well. The phone itself has no SIM card, so it's literally just a music player now. It's my way of reducing EWaste. :D

When I'm at home, I use Winamp. Yes. Winamp. The old Winamp. From like 1999. Why? Because it works extremely well, it's super lightweight, no ads, decent EQ, and I just love it. There's nothing like it anymore, and with the FLAC plugin, I can still listen to lossless music. :D 

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

2 hours ago, Sarra said:

When I'm away from my PC, I use a Nokia Nexus 6 smartphone as a music player. The phone has a Beats Audio app installed, since it has a built in EQ that works reasonably well. The phone itself has no SIM card, so it's literally just a music player now. It's my way of reducing EWaste. :D

When I'm at home, I use Winamp. Yes. Winamp. The old Winamp. From like 1999. Why? Because it works extremely well, it's super lightweight, no ads, decent EQ, and I just love it. There's nothing like it anymore, and with the FLAC plugin, I can still listen to lossless music. :D 

Weirdly enough Winamp is by far the best music player for PC even tho it hasnt been worked on for over a decade. I love it!
(And yes i tried Foobar that thing looks like it belongs in 1999)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

25 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Weirdly enough Winamp is by far the best music player for PC even tho it hasnt been worked on for over a decade. I love it!
(And yes i tried Foobar that thing looks like it belongs in 1999)

It makes me happy to know that I'm not the only one that still uses Winamp. ;D

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

i used a orange 4gb sandisk clip jam for my mp3 player. had this old hipgear thing for ever. and i use winamp for my pc music. i always wanted a Zune thow never got one....

if the enet goes out i got something to do...

muisc.png

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

I just use the music app on my iPad.

I use my iPad for almost all of my entertainment at home now.

Music, Movies, TV shows, Books all of it.

Just because it is the right size and easy to use around the house.

I hate that it doesn't have a real radio in it though like the old iPods used too.  

I like to listen to local radio stations sometimes.

I don't have a smart phone so I don't carry music with me when I'm out.