Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rx 580 running poorly and can't fix

Hello everyone i am new here but have a big problem with my pc my computer which has a i5 4460 and a Rx 580 was running fine i was playing overwatch with absolutely no issues and running at a smooth 150fps but then all of a sudden my game has been running really poorly with performance super stuttery and hovering around the 25fps mark i have no idea what happened and it is really annoying if anyone has any ideas of hoe to ix this it would be greatly appreciated steps i have done so far to try and resolve the problem is unninstalled drivers and reinstalled, updated bios, cleaned my whole pc and graphics card and have fiddled around with AMD settings and then have completely reset the settings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you made sure V-Sync isn't on? This can cause for low frame rates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jesius said:

Have you made sure V-Sync isn't on? This can cause for low frame rates.

Yes I have and it still runs really bad 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pocoorso said:

Yes I have and it still runs really bad 

Is it only overwatch performing poorly or other games too?

Also shouldn't be the problem but are the temperatures alright? Maybe check if the fans got something stuck between them or are broken/running slow or something like that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jenko32 said:

Is it only overwatch performing poorly or other games too?

Also shouldn't be the problem but are the temperatures alright? Maybe check if the fans got something stuck between them or are broken/running slow or something like that?

No it happens on other games as well unfortunately. And the temperatures are fine. And with the fans I have a air compressor and I cleaned everything in the PC it is all clean. I have noticed tho that the card doesn't get very loud and the core clock seems to be all over the place 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pocoorso said:

No it happens on other games as well unfortunately. And the temperatures are fine. And with the fans I have a air compressor and I cleaned everything in the PC it is all clean. I have noticed tho that the card doesn't get very loud and the core clock seems to be all over the place 

Did you uninstall driver the normal way or using DDU? Try DDU in case https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

 

If this doesn't work

-Uninstall anything that can control anything about hardware (AMD GPU software, MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision X)

-Use something like MSI Afterburner and lower the setting a little bit (example: -100MHz on Core, -150MHz on Memory Clock Speed)

-Check for virus, check every program installed to see if there's something you don't recognize

-Check usage in task manager to see if everything is focused on your game or if there's something else using your Memory/CPU/GPU

-Long shot but if you have keyboard, mouse, headset RGB software uninstall and try again

 

 

The list on software is long to check, if you have the possibility to fresh install Windows 10 and only install needed Drivers and a game to try.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pocoorso said:

No it happens on other games as well unfortunately. And the temperatures are fine. And with the fans I have a air compressor and I cleaned everything in the PC it is all clean. I have noticed tho that the card doesn't get very loud and the core clock seems to be all over the place 

A story about a friend of mine with a RX580

 

He has a RX580 that he bought used, the day after installing the GPU he had a bunch of problem which were present sometimes and sometimes not (no video output, low fps, freeze, stutter, crash).

I checked everything on his computer but failed to fix the problem so I got home with the plan to come back the day after that, but the next morning it worked without him doing anything, worked for a month then the problems appeared again, I tested it in my PC immediately that time and it was all normal, I put it back in his and everything worked again.

I still don't understand what the problem was but ever since then (1 year and a half) he has no problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jenko32 said:

Did you uninstall driver the normal way or using DDU? Try DDU in case https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

 

If this doesn't work

-Uninstall anything that can control anything about hardware (AMD GPU software, MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision X)

-Use something like MSI Afterburner and lower the setting a little bit (example: -100MHz on Core, -150MHz on Memory Clock Speed)

-Check for virus, check every program installed to see if there's something you don't recognize

-Check usage in task manager to see if everything is focused on your game or if there's something else using your Memory/CPU/GPU

-Long shot but if you have keyboard, mouse, headset RGB software uninstall and try again

 

 

The list on software is long to check, if you have the possibility to fresh install Windows 10 and only install needed Drivers and a game to try.

Hey i tried everything that you said but still runs very poorly i think it might be screwed 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe you're using the processor's integrated graphics. Or your card has just given up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, WendellG said:

Maybe you're using the processor's integrated graphics. Or your card has just given up.

No unfortunately it is using Rx 580 and worst yet iv'e only had the thing for a year and it is out of warranty

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pocoorso said:

No unfortunately it is using Rx 580 and worst yet iv'e only had the thing for a year and it is out of warranty

You can try to stress the CPU, RAM and GPU individually

Memtest86 for RAM

Cinebench R20 for CPU

Unigine Superposition for GPU

You can compare your scores with the online ones

But I think your GPU is half dead or maybe (really rare but can happen) your PCI Express Bus or contacts damaged and are not doing what they are supposed to do, seems difficult to happen, but if you have another PCI Express to try the GPU on. Also check GPU-Z

spacer.png

Take a screenshot like this

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone sorry for the late reply. Thew update is after hoping through all of the steps the GPU worked great for a week and has died again. Here is the image

rx 580 pic ting.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Pocoorso said:

Hello everyone sorry for the late reply. Thew update is after hoping through all of the steps the GPU worked great for a week and has died again. Here is the image

rx 580 pic ting.jpg

Maybe it's time to retire the GPU, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do. Or you'll have to wait for someone to help better than I could

If you buy a new gpu keep in mind that there's a tiny possibility that the gpu is not the problem but I'm sure 90% chance it actually is

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jenko32 said:

Maybe it's time to retire the GPU, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do. Or you'll have to wait for someone to help better than I could

If you buy a new gpu keep in mind that there's a tiny possibility that the gpu is not the problem but I'm sure 90% chance it actually is

Yeah that sounds right thanks for all of your help though means a lot 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When you run a benchmark and monitor cpu/gpu usage and frequencies,  are they asthey should be ? 

Is the gpuat 100%load under game? At what fps?

Intel i5-7600K  | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  |  MSI H110 PC MATE  |  2x8GB Crucial Ballistix LT Sport 2400MHz  | MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X 11GB Radeon HD 7770 1GBDark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | Toshiba 250GB 2.5" Drive -Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive |  

 

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | VEGA 11 | ASUS P106-100 6GB V1 | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Samsung 120GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 450W PSU |

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried reseating? Could be a bad interface between gpu and pci on mobo ?

Intel i5-7600K  | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  |  MSI H110 PC MATE  |  2x8GB Crucial Ballistix LT Sport 2400MHz  | MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X 11GB Radeon HD 7770 1GBDark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | Toshiba 250GB 2.5" Drive -Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive |  

 

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | VEGA 11 | ASUS P106-100 6GB V1 | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Samsung 120GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 450W PSU |

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to clarify, were you mid-match when the crappy performance started or was it after you booted up? I ask because Windows recently introduced some sort of graphics scheduling fudgery which may have decided to do something to your setup between boots. Some users reported better performance turning that off. I believe the setting can be found in one of the settings links. I can't tell you where exactly because the first thing I do every install is make a desktop icon for control panel and then never touch the happy-user-friendly-easy-garish-thumsucking-handholding-derperlink runaround chain of misdirection that Windows has become so that you don't alter Microsoft's nice and perfect automated settings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kabrevre said:

Just to clarify, were you mid-match when the crappy performance started or was it after you booted up? I ask because Windows recently introduced some sort of graphics scheduling fudgery which may have decided to do something to your setup between boots. Some users reported better performance turning that off. I believe the setting can be found in one of the settings links. I can't tell you where exactly because the first thing I do every install is make a desktop icon for control panel and then never touch the happy-user-friendly-easy-garish-thumsucking-handholding-derperlink runaround chain of misdirection that Windows has become so that you don't alter Microsoft's nice and perfect automated settings.

After i booted up

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×