Asus Turbo 2070 Super Doesn't Spin

ubtrpn

For some reason my ASUS Turbo 2070 Super doesn't spin after 60 C. It spins on startup, so I know it works.

It won't spin up on another setup that is very similar to my own (Motherboard and CPU). But another known good graphics card won't spin up either. 

My graphics card also is no longer under manufacture warranty.

This is my first time posting here so I'm not sure what else I need to put in here, but thanks for any and all help!

My list of specs:
Processor-
Ryzen 7 2700X
Video Card-
ASUS Turbo GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB
RAM-
16 GB (2 sticks of 8GB)
Operating System-
Windows 10
Motherboard-
Aorus B450-I
Power supply-
NZXT H1 650 W
Hard drives-
1 TB Intel 660p NVME M.2 SSD

500 GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD
Monitors I use:

Westinghouse WM32DX9019 32" x 2

7 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

sounds software related. try removing any software that can affect fan control for the gpu, and ddu the graphics driver.

More specifically fan curves. Have afterburner or anything installed where you can play with the fan curves and may and bumped it by accident?

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

I had tried using afterburner to make it so that the fan is always spinning at max at starting at 0 C, still nothing

Just now, ubtrpn said:

always spinning at max at starting at 0 C

First off, don't do that long term. Thats a good way to kill your fans.

Uninstall Afterburner, restart. See if you have any luck after that.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

Just now, Skipple said:

First off, don't do that long term

For sure, I was only doing it to see if it was only spinning at 0 rpm or max rpm, no in-between, but it isn't I'll try a restart and if that doesn't work, I'll DDU and then restart, and reinstall the latest drivers, right?

So I had uninstalled MSI and restarted, NZXT CAM was still showing my GPU at 75+ so after that, I had uninstalled NZXT CAM and restarted, and I believe that I was still above 60 because it didn't take that long to restart. But it still was not spinning. So I ran DDU and restarted, reinstalled the latest drivers and launched Path of Exile just to test it; and it still was not spinning. And the fan didn't start spinning right after any of the restarts either.

6 minutes ago, ubtrpn said:

And the fan didn't start spinning right after any of the restarts either

This is actually normal. Most GPU fans won't spin up until the temperature reaches a certain threshold. Try running some benchmarks and see if you have any luck.

ask me about my homelab

I had started playing Path of Exile until it was throttling and my graphics card was not spinning still.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, Was the fan issue ever resolved? I have the same card with a similar issue. The fan works on startup, but does not come on after that.  I watched the Vram temps go above 90 degrees Celsius before i shut it down. I have a spare PC and tried the card on it as well with the same results. Running 472.12 non DCH driver on a Gigabyte Aorus X399 Threadripper 1920x setup (Asus Prime X399 with same threadripper on the second PC) Windows 10 64 bit with 16 gig DDR4 3200.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.