Is the SATA connection absolutely necessary for the Corsair iCUE H115i RGB PRO XT?

I know this might sound like a stupid question, but the thing is, I have 3 drives and the AIO, but I only have 3 power SATA cables and, for various reasons, getting another one would be very, veeeeery hard for me. However, I noticed the pump also comes with an USB cable, so I was wondering if the USB cable is enough to power the AIO or am I screwed? :'v

It for the AIO power. No SATA = no power. You can buy molex to sata adapter. The USB connector is for the Corsair ICUE to monitor and make changes to the AIO and its fans.

Just now, AlwaysWong said:

You can buy molex to sata adapter

Molex to sata = lose all your...... wait..... there's no data here! Wahoo!

Seriously though, watch this first before you run out and plug one in: 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

15 minutes ago, Danguard said:

I know this might sound like a stupid question, but the thing is, I have 3 drives and the AIO, but I only have 3 power SATA cables and, for various reasons, getting another one would be very, veeeeery hard for me. However, I noticed the pump also comes with an USB cable, so I was wondering if the USB cable is enough to power the AIO or am I screwed? :'v

USB provides no power for the AIO, so yes, in the absence of a suitable source of 12 V supply, you are screwed.

17 minutes ago, Danguard said:

The USB is for the iCue, not power. 

Check your motherboard to see if there is a pump header, if not just get a splitter for the SATA power. Drives pull at most 10w and the wires are good for like 100w, don't worry about it.

Do your sata power cables not have multiple connectors on them?

Why do you need three separate cables for your three drives?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020