First computer for former console player (10yrs old).

My English teacher's kid asked for a pc for his birthday gift,so she asked the computer club to help with the parts selection. So I volunteered to put the system together for her. 

Budget : credit card 

User : 10yr child 

Game : GTA V, rocket league (more games later) 

Yula System 

CoolerMaster NR400 wo/odd (chosen by user)

Ryzen R3 3300x

Reference cooler

Asus TUF Gaming B550m plus 

G.skill trident z neo rgb 3200mhz cl16 16gb

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super 8gb windforce (twin fan) 

Crucial MX500 1tb ssd m.2 

CoolerMaster MWE 550w 80+ gold modular 

Software : Windows 10, GTA V, rocket league, nvenc streaming. 

*note : not sure if he'll be streaming but I'll set it up for him. 

I hope it's well balanced. 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

credit card isn't a budget.

we need to know how much money the build could cost :)

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Hello,

1 minute ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

What ?

2 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Game : GTA V

What² ?

Anyway a 5700XT for the same price gives more performance and drivers issues have been resolved.

Everything else is good, though I'd go for a 3600 for longevity even though the 3300x is good for gaming.

18 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

My English teacher's kid asked for a pc for his birthday gift,so she asked the computer club to help with the parts selection. So I volunteered to put the system together for her. 

Game : GTA V, rocket league (more games later) 

Yula System 

CoolerMaster NR400 wo/odd (chosen by user)

Ryzen R3 3300x

Reference cooler

Asus TUF Gaming B550m plus 

G.skill trident z neo rgb 3200mhz cl16 16gb

CoolerMaster MWE 550w 80+ gold modular 

Software : Windows 10, GTA V, rocket league, nvenc streaming. 

*note : not sure if he'll be streaming but I'll set it up for him. 

I hope it's well balanced. 

first of all 3300x are so hard to come by , so a r5 3600 is better option and save some bucks by getting a 500 gb NVME ssd and get a 2 tb hdd as its mentioned he is gonna be playing games , save some more bucks by getting a msi b450 tomahawk max or gaming plus max,  there isnt much price difference between a 3200 mhz and 3600 mhz , especially considering the fact that its a ryzen processor , and in terms of fps a 5700 xt is better but since he is gonna nvec stream its according to you , and since he is a former console player he may need peripherals like mice , keyboard and high refresh rate monitor , and since he is streaming i would recommend 2 or even 3 monitors , but as he is just 10 years old, warn the teacher that kids above 13 years are only allowed to officially stream 

40 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

As everyone above stated we need a budget

40 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Get a 256 or 500GB and in future he could get an HDD or get it right away good for big games

41 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Ryzen R3 3300x

Get the R5 3600 instead better value and easier to find

42 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

That card won't really be needed GTA V runs fine with graphics mods etc on my low end 1060 3GB so maybe 1660

44 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Windows 10

Don't buy windows 10 for $100 (pro tip)

45 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

nvenc streaming. 

Keep in mind that he can't stream until he is 13 stated in most TOS's on streaming services (some allow the account to be owned and controlled by a parent youtube for example

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

48 minutes ago, flashiling said:

credit card isn't a budget.

we need to know how much money the build could cost :)

There isn't one she just told me to charge whatever is needed to the card

47 minutes ago, Meganter said:

Hello,

What ?

What² ?

Anyway a 5700XT for the same price gives more performance and drivers issues have been resolved.

Everything else is good, though I'd go for a 3600 for longevity even though the 3300x is good for gaming.

I asked him what games he wanted he said gta v and rocket league, he still wants his xbox

I'm using a 5700 myself it's still has its problems trust me. 

35 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Number please

And from what I remember, you're in Singapore?

As I said she said just charge it, so I used my own discretion to try not to overspend. 

It's called self control. And yes I'm from Singapore. 

21 minutes ago, alirafi321 said:

first of all 3300x are so hard to come by , so a r5 3600 is better option and save some bucks by getting a 500 gb NVME ssd and get a 2 tb hdd as its mentioned he is gonna be playing games , save some more bucks by getting a msi b450 tomahawk max or gaming plus max,  there isnt much price difference between a 3200 mhz and 3600 mhz , especially considering the fact that its a ryzen processor , and in terms of fps a 5700 xt is better but since he is gonna nvec stream its according to you , and since he is a former console player he may need peripherals like mice , keyboard and high refresh rate monitor , and since he is streaming i would recommend 2 or even 3 monitors , but as he is just 10 years old, warn the teacher that kids above 13 years are only allowed to officially stream 

Not in Singaporean I've found afew 3300x, but I'll get the 3600,there isn't much difference in nvme and sata speeds in his case but I'll add a hdd as adviced. He doesn't have to stream I just set it up incase his mom might want to. After all she is a pretty trendy teacher in our class. 

4 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Get a 256 or 500GB and in future he could get an HDD or get it right away good for big games

That card won't really be needed GTA V runs fine with graphics mods etc on my low end 1060 3GB so maybe 1660

Keep in mind that he can't stream until he is 13 stated in most TOS's on streaming services (some allow the account to be owned and controlled by a parent youtube for example

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

3 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

There isn't one she just told me to charge whatever is needed to the card

I asked him what games he wanted he said gta v and rocket league, he still wants his xbox

I'm using a 5700 myself it's still has its problems trust me. 

As I said she said just charge it, so I used my own discretion to try not to overspend. 

It's called self control. And yes I'm from Singapore. 

Not in Singaporean I've found afew 3300x, but I'll get the 3600,there isn't much difference in nvme and sata speeds in his case but I'll add a hdd as adviced. He doesn't have to stream I just set it up incase his mom might want to. After all she is a pretty trendy teacher in our class. 

What about by questions :D (you quoted me but didn't reply only the hdd one

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

46 minutes ago, Kanna said:

They are the same answers. 

1 she said charge it and get whar her son wants. 

2 I'll get the hdd as adviced 

3 he's getting other games as well later on and I don't want him to not have to get another card the rtx has its benefits over 1660 

4 don't worry about the OS  I'm getting it from the school it's only $15.

5 him mom could stream as well she's a pretty trendy teacher in our class too. 

8 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

They are the same answers. 

1 she said charge it and get whar her son wants. 

2 I'll get the hdd as adviced 

3 he's getting other games as well later on and I don't want him to not have to get another card the rtx has its benefits over 1660 

4 don't worry about the OS  I'm getting it from the school it's only $15.

5 him mom could stream as well she's a pretty trendy teacher in our class too. 

Okay but the 1660 is still good it's still pretty good and isn't $500 alone

Reminder⚠️

32 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Okay but the 1660 is still good it's still pretty good and isn't $500 alone

Yea I can understand but since it was a birthday present, from his mom I tried to make him happy. 

I tried getting him the aorus version he didn't like the rgb. 

1 hour ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Yea I can understand but since it was a birthday present, from his mom I tried to make him happy. 

I tried getting him the aorus version he didn't like the rgb. 

DONT go with a gtx 1660 , cz it will become too outdated once the rtx 3000 series gpus release and nvidia wont have any proper driver when that happens

4 hours ago, NZgamer said:

What do you mean?? Nvidia is still updating drivers for the 900 series cards that came out 5 years ago. And the 1660 is a perfectly fine card, it's great for 1080p gaming. It doesn't automatically become obsolete when the new cards are released.

OP, I think the build you planned in your original post will be fine

Thanks sir/mdm.