Charter tells FCC consumers want data caps

spartaman64
10 hours ago, Donut417 said:

We do have Gigabit over here via Fiber. Its just not everywhere yet. 

And the US country side and the European one is two different things. We have states that are bigger than most European countries. The population density in our country side is probably a lot less than in many European nations. ISP's need incentive to drop fiber, and low population density which causes little to no profit does not provide incentive. 

Frankly i only see one big difference between the US and Europe: on one side you have a national network that ISPs can latch on too to offer their services, the other is entirely left at the whim of cable companies. One as to serve the people since it's built with tax money, the other is completely driven by profit.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

7 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

the other is completely driven by profit.

Thats the American way. Be it Internet service or health care. Profits at any cost. US companies are like the Ferengi from Star Trek. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

6 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

According to the WiKi page ADSL has a max speed of 24 Mbps and that being ADSL2+ standard. VDSL I know can reason 100 Mbps,

you're right there. Had forgot about that since i still received 100mbps with copper when i moved from adsl2 to fiber to the cabin, and then from that to fiber to the home with 1gbps

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Thats the American way. Be it Internet service or health care. Profits at any cost. US companies are like the Ferengi from Star Trek. 

sad part about the US case: tax payer money is in part given to these companies to upgrades their infrastracture, but it seems like it never happens. And they get away with it scot free 

4 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

sad part about the US case: tax payer money is in part given to these companies to upgrades their infrastracture, but it seems like it never happens. And they get away with it scot free 

I suspect they lobby and pay off politicians and regulators.