A tier list of different products

MHMabrito

LTT has been a big source of my tech information going back years. When I'm in the market to buy new products, I search to see what videos the team has made on the subject to get unbiased information. 

Recently, i've been searching for a good speaker or sound bar setup for my LG c9 65', and was thinking about Samsung Q90R.

I was wondering if LTT could start a recommendation list or a "Tier list" of products easily available on the site? Like which of the products are your favorite, which are the best, which are the budget, etc etc

I mean we do have:

For soundbars? It's simply not used enough among users here to have it's own dedicated and updated list. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Afaik, there already is such a thing.
Like the GPU Tier List

Or the MB Tier List

Just gotta search for it and you might find one that you need. (no guarantee)

Remember: If you want me to see your reply - Quote me!

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

Yeah, I've used that plenty of times - I probably should have been more specific. I love their PC Component recommendations, but i'm talking other technology as well.

While people generally hate soundbars, cheaper sound bars for good options for those on a budget. Some people want tech but cannot pay for the experience of the higher end products.

9 minutes ago, MHMabrito said:

Recently, i've been searching for a good speaker or sound bar setup for my LG c9 65', and was thinking about Samsung Q90R.

Start a thread with your location, budget, and use case. Tag me if you want, I can think of hundreds of affordable speaker setups.

2 minutes ago, MHMabrito said:

While people generally hate soundbars, cheaper sound bars for good options for those on a budget. Some people want tech but cannot pay for the experience of the higher end products.

You do realize you can get literally 4 Dayton B452 speakers, a subwoofer, and an amp for under $100 right...

17 minutes ago, MHMabrito said:

To avoid an endless debate about the pros and cons of soundbars...

No, don't expect a sound bar tier list coming from the forum anytime soon. Simply too much work to put it together and not enough people actually care about it. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Problem is that almost all technology is 100% subjective to the user and there needs? Like sound.. what sounds good to you, may be horrible for the next person. I personally am deaf to where I wear hearing aids because of Tinitus, so I cant really hear well anyways. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

The product ranking lists on the forum are purely community created. It's really up to someone whether they want to take the time to make a list or not (though, just because someone makes a list ranking products they like doesn't mean it's good).

If you're planning on buying something (a soundbar in this case) you'd always be better off posting a thread asking for advice and getting answers specific to your needs and budget. There's things that a list ranking products by how "good" they are simply won't answer. How much do you want to spend? What TV are you using it with? How big is the room? Do you want Dolby Atmos? Do you want bluetooth connectivity? What models are available in your country/local stores? Do you want a soundbar with a subwoofer? Surround speakers?...

A soundbar could be ranked at the top of the list of best soundbars but if it's not available in your country, out of your budget, or doesn't have features that you want then it's not going to help you.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

10 hours ago, Spotty said:

The product ranking lists on the forum are purely community created. It's really up to someone whether they want to take the time to make a list or not (though, just because someone makes a list ranking products they like doesn't mean it's good).

To add to this, a good tier list (one that meets the bar to be pinned) also has to be actively maintained by the community, and that can be quite a significant time investment for the creator.

HTTP/2 203