Does My Laptop Have Wireless Heatpipe???

i dont know why my laptop is always running hot, but how the hell a brand new laptop can be that hot. Temp hits 90c when i run stress test for one min, so i decided to open the laptop and see what wrong with it. I thougt it was the bad thermal paste or maybe the fan is dirty, but it was the wireless heatpipe so the fan doesnt blow anything.
Laptop : ASUS Vivobook X409ua

Wireless_Heatpipe_exe.jpg

2 minutes ago, MESSERR said:

i dont know why my laptop is always running hot, but how the hell a brand new laptop can be that hot. Temp hits 90c when i run stress test for one min, so i decided to open the laptop and see what wrong with it. I thougt it was the bad thermal paste or maybe the fan is dirty, but it was the wireless heatpipe so the fan doesnt blow anything.

Well that model was never built for stress tests, and it's fairly low spec so it wouldn't need any additional cooling.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I love the term "wireless heatpipe" :D 
But as Samfisher already stated, low spec laptops like these usually dont have big heatsinks or heatpipes build in as they are not meant to run under full load. Obviously, if you still do, it will heat up. 
The easiest thing to do might be just getting one of those laptop stands with coolers in it that you put underneath it to have additional cooling. 

Remember: If you want me to see your reply - Quote me!

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

4 minutes ago, MESSERR said:

Time for you to learn a lesson: if you are buying a laptop and plan to use it for heavy workloads, research its thermals before buying. Notebookcheck, for example, does a reasonable job of looking at such.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, Samfisher said:

Well that model was never built for stress tests, and it's fairly low spec so it wouldn't need any additional cooling.

well i cant render sketchup again on this thing anymore, or the processor will blow up lol

6 minutes ago, MESSERR said:

but it was the wireless heatpipe

The what?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, MESSERR said:

well i cant render sketchup again on this thing anymore, or the processor will blow up lol

you dont buy a ~280 bucks laptop to use it for rendering. Period. 

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

Just now, JayBe said:

you dont buy a ~280 bucks laptop to use it for rendering. Period. 

it was urgent so i bought the cheap one

Just now, MESSERR said:

it was urgent so i bought the cheap one

As @WereCatf said. Lesson learned. 

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The what?

i dont know what to call it anymore so i call it wireless heatpipe

my main question is what the hell is da fan doin? it basically blows nothing.

4 minutes ago, MESSERR said:

i dont know what to call it anymore so i call it wireless heatpipe

This is your wireless add in card. It does not have any heatpipes, which is normal. They're low powered devices and don't require produce much heat.

what.thumb.jpg.97d163b80783006729347f1b151eb115.jpg

But I think you're talking about how your CPU heatsink doesn't have heatpipes that transfer the heat away from the CPU to a heatsink mounted with the fan?

The fan will blow air across the laptop, through the CPU heatsink and exhaust the hot air out the side.

cooler.thumb.jpg.8a71c552b79631f3fa346e9d19c9f186.jpg

Looking at the list of CPUs available for your laptop, they're all low powered CPUs. The cooler the laptop has should be fine for those CPUs. But as others have pointed out cheap laptops like that aren't really good at rendering.

Intel® Core™ i3 8130U Processor,
Intel® Core™ i3 7020U Processor,
Intel® Pentium® 4417U Processor,

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Whoa there, did you wear your wireless anti static bracelet when working on it? /s

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Whoa there, did you wear your wireless anti static bracelet when working on it? /s

ofcourse i did and also its wireless

3 hours ago, MESSERR said:

Wireless_Heatpipe_exe.jpg

I have a vivobook 512. Also hits 90c when under heavy load. In my experience laptops always run hotter  and check your CPU's operating  range. 90c turned out to  be OK for me as long as it wasn't hiting it 24/7.

CURRENT PC     

CPU:  Intel Core i7 4790K (4.89 Ghz @ 1.345v)

GPU:  ASUS Nvidia GTX 1650 Super @ 1950 Mhz Core Clock + 14800 Mhz DDR6

MOBO:  Asrock Z97 Anniversary 

MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 - 32GB @ 1900 Mhz
STORAGE:  Samsung Evo 860 500GB, Samsung Evo 840 250GB, Samsung QVO 860 1TB, Samsung QVO 860 1TB (Boot, Boot, Storage and Storage)

Same shit bruh, I got a vivobook 14 a few days back..im a student no video stuff or gaming. Just typing, browsing, youtube, coding, google meet...and etc..

The cpu always runs hot at like 60+ and can spike to 85 at times.