Ryzen 5 3600 running hot

Zoey.Delacroixx

Hello when i builded up my PC in the winter my temps in the game did not reached 80 degrees. 

However when i checked my temps in the GTA V and CoD Warzone recently my temps are running somewhere around 65 - 69 degrees stable.

At the begenning of playing I am for few minutes on 65 - 66 degrees then it warms up to max 71 degrees but when I am respawning or something like that my temps sometimes spike up to 80 degrees when match ends and it didnt manage to cool back down to 71 it can jump to 83 degrees. That was max temp I saw. 

Sadly I dont have good airflow. I just have 2 ventilators to take in the air but I dont have ventilator in the back to take off the hot air.

I bought another ventilator for taking out the hot air.. will it improve my temps or am I doing something bad :D

Also could it happened when i updated the bios on my X570 motherboard ? 

+ When I am on google or watching YTB my temps are around 35 - 37 degrees

Thank you all for answear :)

In my experience, they tend to run hotter and slower than they can get away with if tuned manually.  I have a little write-up about a recent experience here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/265114-ryan_vickers/?status=257368&type=status

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

What cooler are you using?  No mention of it.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Like @Ryan_Vickers said, manual tuning goes a long way, pbo is only good it seems if you have a high tier cooler.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Thank you. One more thing i want to ask. Is it bad when it for a second runs on 80 degrees ?  Or should I get those temps under 80 ? 

You want them as low as possible but 80 °C shouldn't be a problem, especially for only brief moments.  Some people are probably running their systems above that for hours at a time.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Thank you. I will try to keep my temps as low as possible and also I will hope that better airflow will cool down my CPU under 80s :D

11 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You want them as low as possible but 80 °C shouldn't be a problem, especially for only brief moments.  Some people are probably running their systems above that for hours at a time.

^this 

When it comes to temperatures of whatever part, you always want it to be as low as possible. That said, there is no problem if it sometimes reaches the hotter areas, especially when its only peak. 
Having an average of 70 degrees while gaming, and with that maybe stressing your pc, aint bad at all. Your PC will usually turn off itself when it gets too hot to prevent damage. So as long as this doesnt happen you are always good to go.

But you might wanna work on that airflow as well, as it doesnt only lower your temps but can also keep the inside of your pc cleaner for a longer period of time resulting in less dust on your parts resulting in lower temps. Maybe go see LTTs video on the different kind of airflow solutions to see what fits you best. My preffered to go solution is having way more intake fans than outtakes to have more pressure inside your system. 

Remember: If you want me to see your reply - Quote me!

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

30 minutes ago, Zoey.Delacroixx said:

Sadly I dont have good airflow. I just have 2 ventilators to take in the air but I dont have ventilator in the back to take off the hot air.

I bought another ventilator for taking out the hot air.. will it improve my temps or am I doing something bad :D

your heatsink is good enough, the problem is hot air is circulating, adding heat.

you can reverse the fan so it blows outside. try doing that first before buying another fan.

It's called case fan btw, ventilators is confusing, a hole without a fan can be a vent. :)

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 minutes ago, JayBe said:

^this 

When it comes to temperatures of whatever part, you always want it to be as low as possible. That said, there is no problem if it sometimes reaches the hotter areas, especially when its only peak. 
Having an average of 70 degrees while gaming, and with that maybe stressing your pc, aint bad at all. Your PC will usually turn off itself when it gets too hot to prevent damage. So as long as this doesnt happen you are always good to go.

But you might wanna work on that airflow as well, as it doesnt only lower your temps but can also keep the inside of your pc cleaner for a longer period of time resulting in less dust on your parts resulting in lower temps. Maybe go see LTTs video on the different kind of airflow solutions to see what fits you best. My preffered to go solution is having way more intake fans than outtakes to have more pressure inside your system. 

Sure I am trying to keep those temps low but in the summer its really hard. I have heard that PC will shut down on 95 degrees but It sounds really weird.. imagine that you can run your CPU on 90 degrees for 5 hours.. Isnt that too much ? :D And yes I will try to improve airflow adding one fan at the back of the case to take air out and I already have 2 in the front to take in the cool air. But anyways thank you for advice ! 

5 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

your heatsink is good enough, the problem is hot air is circulating, adding heat.

you can reverse the fan so it blows outside. try doing that first before buying another fan.

It's called case fan btw, ventilators is confusing, a hole without a fan can be a vent. :)

Hello, thank you for advice.

I already bought one more fan so its bit too late. :D 

I am sorry. I am not from english speaking country so I am lost in those english words :D :) 

Having one outtake fan should usually be enough. I have 3 26mm Fans at the Top and 3 in the front as intake and only one tiny little fan in the back as outtake and i have "perfect" temps. 
But as @SupaKomputa already said, you need at least one fan to blow the hot air out of the case. 

Remember: If you want me to see your reply - Quote me!

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

2 minutes ago, JayBe said:

Having one outtake fan should usually be enough. I have 3 26mm Fans at the Top and 3 in the front as intake and only one tiny little fan in the back as outtake and i have "perfect" temps. 
But as @SupaKomputa already said, you need at least one fan to blow the hot air out of the case. 

I have Fractal Design Focus G Case. So i have already 2 140mm in front. And I will add 120mm fan at the back.

When I put my hand on glass near the GPU i can really feel how warm it is inside when I am playing games. So i guess that the hot air stays in and thats my main problem. But I am just guessing :D 

1 minute ago, Zoey.Delacroixx said:

I have Fractal Design Focus G Case. So i have already 2 140mm in front. And I will add 120mm fan at the back.

When I put my hand on glass near the GPU i can really feel how warm it is inside when I am playing games. So i guess that the hot air stays in and thats my main problem. But I am just guessing :D 

yes that is your main problem. Focus G is great but you need atleast 1 fan at exhaust.

17 minutes ago, Zoey.Delacroixx said:

I have heard that PC will shut down on 95 degrees

dependso n the cpu and mothebroad. usually it is more like 105c. but your cpu starts thermalthrottling when it reaches 87c meaning that it will loer clocks to prevent damage.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

4 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

yes that is your main problem. Focus G is great but you need atleast 1 fan at exhaust.

dependso n the cpu and mothebroad. usually it is more like 105c. but your cpu starts thermalthrottling when it reaches 87c meaning that it will loer clocks to prevent damage.

Well tomorrow I'm going to find out how cooler it will be. :D 

My AMD Ryzen Master is telling me that 95c is maximum.