Toshiba has Left the Laptop Market

16 hours ago, Ashley xD said:

that's a shame. i have a toshiba laptop from 2010 lying around. 

I got rid of my Toshibia laptop (it ran Windows XP MCE 2004) a few years back when I booted it up and wouldn't get past the POST screen and was all corrupted, which basically told me something died inside it. I took it and the Pentium III laptop that came with my apartment (I had no way of using it at all, as it would boot into NT4 and was too old to even worry about) to bestbuy for them to recycle it , which means that the bestbuy location was open at the time, so must have been early 2015, since it was closed in 2016.

Prior to that though, Toshiba made some of the best laptops. IMO laptop build quality took an extreme nose-dive around 2012 when everyone decided to hop on the Ultrabook train, and it didn't come back up till 2018.

14 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

please god, let lenovo be next.

Why? I have a Thinkpad that's served me quite well aside from needing a fan replacement.

4 hours ago, Damprol said:

Why? I have a Thinkpad that's served me quite well aside from needing a fan replacement.

thinkpads are good hardware but lenovo has done some shady stuff including but not limited to putting rootkits on systems shipped to consumers. 

She/Her

On 8/10/2020 at 6:51 AM, Techstorm970 said:

HDDs?  OH GOD, MY EYES!!!  SHOW ME A SEAGATE BEFORE I GO BLIND!!!

Ahhh Seagate HDDs that ran so hot your CPU died if you had one in the computer (well at least they ran really hot and broke down all the time back in late 90ies early 00s, I haven’t touched a Seagate drive since then)

Toshiba dynabooks are common in Japan.  But just about every Japanese laptop company went kaput in favor of cheaper made in China ones.  

I have a Toshiba Dynabook Portege X30.

RAM and storage are upgradeable and it has two Thunderbolt 3 ports, USB A and HDMI. For only 800€. 
I wasn't even able to find another laptop under 1000€ with Thunderbolt 3 at the time.

Also, best keyboard on a laptop ever. They feel like the Toshibas of the early 2000s - perfect!

Sucks that no one was interested, because customers are dumb b*tches. Sorry, I had to put it that way...

Edit:
It also works really well with my Lenovo ThinkPad TB3 Dock v.2

On 8/10/2020 at 11:56 AM, BuckGup said:

Toshiba laptops are shit anyways 

That depends. Buying those cheap sub $499 models from BB and retail stores then yeah they're pretty crappy. But their business models like Tecra and Protege are rock solid. My Tecra with Intel's ever first mobile dual core still works, except for screen (it died) but can hook up to external display. It only had 2 GB of ram, and it had no problems running Vista, when majority of system during that time will have problems running Vista with 2GB of ram.

Their Satellite, them blue ones are really popular, some have LCD track pads to launch certain apps, and there was one that even have a detachable wireless keyboard.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 hours ago, Senzelian said:

I have a Toshiba Dynabook Portege X30.

It seems like a pretty decent ultrabook. Haven't seen it before, and I also could not get one where I live, though.

Yet people will insist that marketing us useless and it has no effect on them ^_^

Edited by SpaceGhostC2C
forgot decency :P

19 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

It seems like a pretty ultrabook. Haven't seen it before, and I also could not get one where I live, though.

Yet people will insist that marketing us useless and it has no effect on them ^_^

Back in my old workplace, we had many clients using Toshiba Portege Z30s and Portege R930s. Honestly I still think the Z30 looks rather sexy and the R930s were a pretty impressive little package. And honestly those R930s took a good beating over the years. Many of the ones we got back looked like they went to hell and back. 

Product | Dynabook Toshiba Portégé Z30-C - 13.3" - Core i5 6300U ...

Eventually they were replaced with R30t-cs. While they aren't as sexy as the Z30, it's refreshing how easy those things are to service. The only gripe I had with them was that accessing the BIOS in supervisor mode can be a pain in the butt since they often go straight into the limited user mode. 

Jual Laptop Toshiba Terbaru & Terbaik | lazada.co.id

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580