Recommended free pasword manager

Do you have any recommendations regarding free pasword manager ?, im looking for password manager with free syncing cross platform. I have researching for some time now but i cant really decide (i have heard that dashlane is pretty good but it isn't 100% free, i heard that nord pass is free too but i dont know if its good or not, also i heard that firefox lockwise is pretty good in desktop but it isn't in android). Feel free to give me recommendations.

P.S

sorry if my english is bad

Lastpass is great and you can sync without premium. Premium offers additional 2FA options and password sharing and other stuff of that nature.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Lastpass is great and you can sync without premium. Premium offers additional 2FA options and password sharing and other stuff of that nature.

Is Lastpass good on firefox tho?

1 minute ago, Sodainacan said:

Is Lastpass good on firefox tho?

Yes, that's my main use case for it.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Yes, that's my main use case for it.

Ok i look into it

5 minutes ago, lieder1987 said:

not free, but 30 bucks a year i highly recommend 1Password

Is it good on mobile devices?

Bitwarden

Bitwarden's free tier is very generous and it works on firefox, chrome, edge etc.

also works on iOS and Android.

Its an open source password management service and its been through a security audit.

It has unlimited item storage on the free version as well as 2FA and Sync.

And if you want premium is only $10 USD per year.

And both free and premium have self host options.

AMD R7 3700X

32GB Mushkin Redline 3200MHz DDR4

Aorus A530 Elite WIFI

Bequiet Shadow Rock 3

EVGA RTX 2060 Super

Phanteks AMP 650W

Fractal Pop Air

Windows 11 / Arch Linux

@Kawaii_Desu beat me to it.

Bitwarden is free and open-source which is what attracted me.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

1 hour ago, Sodainacan said:

Is it good on mobile devices?

Yep sure is. We use it on IOS and android.

13 hours ago, Antistatic12 said:

@Kawaii_Desu beat me to it.

Bitwarden is free and open-source which is what attracted me.

Ok, thanks for your recommendation

I personally use KeePass because it is designed around you yourself managing your database, rather than having it stored on some for-profit company's server.

But integration with other programs (like browsers) are kind of limited, and not everyone wants to manage their own database. In those cases it seems like Bitwarden is the best option. At least from what I have seen and heard.

I personally, just remember the dam things. Like how people used to have to remember phone numbers 

While not always a reliable service it is free. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Firefox has a password manager if i recall correctly something called lockwise or something, you need an account for it i think.

Details separate people.

If you're on firefox why not just use lockwise? It's integrated and syncs between your devices. I have the app on my phone too so it auto-fills everything for me.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

3 hours ago, Underi said:

If you're on firefox why not just use lockwise? It's integrated and syncs between your devices. I have the app on my phone too so it auto-fills everything for me.

Personally I think using a password manager that is tied to a specific browser is a really bad idea.  If you later chose to drop firefox say in favor of chrome or edge then you have to spend a bunch of time trying to transfer your passwords over.  Much less of a headache to use something that works on all browsers such as bitwarden, lastpass, 1password, dashlane etc.

Also unless mozilla has changed something lockwise does NOT require a master password which is no bueno because if anyone else ever gets access to your PC they can log into everything and or view your saved passwords.

AMD R7 3700X

32GB Mushkin Redline 3200MHz DDR4

Aorus A530 Elite WIFI

Bequiet Shadow Rock 3

EVGA RTX 2060 Super

Phanteks AMP 650W

Fractal Pop Air

Windows 11 / Arch Linux

On 8/9/2020 at 3:26 PM, Sodainacan said:

Do you have any recommendations regarding free pasword manager ?, im looking for password manager with free syncing cross platform. I have researching for some time now but i cant really decide (i have heard that dashlane is pretty good but it isn't 100% free, i heard that nord pass is free too but i dont know if its good or not, also i heard that firefox lockwise is pretty good in desktop but it isn't in android). Feel free to give me recommendations.

P.S

dashlane

2 hours ago, Kawaii_Desu said:

Also unless mozilla has changed something lockwise does NOT require a master password which is no bueno because if anyone else ever gets access to your PC they can log into everything and or view your saved passwords.

You can set one for lockwise in Firefox under preferences, by default however it does not.

On 8/9/2020 at 2:26 PM, Sodainacan said:

P.S

Dashlane is pretty good even tho if you use the free option then you can only use it on 1 device at a time and only store 50 passwords but it's still nice.

On 8/10/2020 at 1:03 PM, LAwLz said:

I personally use KeePass because it is designed around you yourself managing your database, rather than having it stored on some for-profit company's server.

But integration with other programs (like browsers) are kind of limited, and not everyone wants to manage their own database. In those cases it seems like Bitwarden is the best option. At least from what I have seen and heard.

Thanks for your recommendation, now i use keepas it's a bit hard to setup but hey at least i have a full control dan it's free.

37 minutes ago, Sodainacan said:

Thanks for your recommendation, now i use keepas it's a bit hard to setup but hey at least i have a full control dan it's free.

Good!

I recommend you also get a service like dropbox or Google drive, save your database to that folder, and then have that sync between multiple computers if that's something you need.

26 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Good!

I recommend you also get a service like dropbox or Google drive, save your database to that folder, and then have that sync between multiple computers if that's something you need.

Ok i'll look into it more

On 8/10/2020 at 5:09 PM, Kawaii_Desu said:

Personally I think using a password manager that is tied to a specific browser is a really bad idea.  If you later chose to drop firefox say in favor of chrome or edge then you have to spend a bunch of time trying to transfer your passwords over.  Much less of a headache to use something that works on all browsers such as bitwarden, lastpass, 1password, dashlane etc.

Thankfully I won't be dropping Firefox for any other browser, especially Chrome. Should that be the case, iirc both browsers have an utility to easily transfer the passwords back and forth. What comes to lockwise, no it does not require a master password. You already have a problem if people are able to access your PC. Out of the alternatives you listed I'd only stick with bitwarden or better yet, keepass.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz