A couple ideas for QOL on the fourm

After I've used the fourm for a bit and I've noticed a few things that annoy me/would be nice. I wish that when i clicked on a popup notification, it would remove the notification for the top right. Its a little thing, but i can have 10/20 notifications that i've read, but i have to look at to remove. Its not big, but it would be nice. 

I also wish there was a general multi-platform gaming tab, so I don't put something that would be viable on multiple platforms. Neither problem is huge, but it would be nice.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

agreed

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

6 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

After I've used the fourm for a bit and I've noticed a few things that annoy me/would be nice. I wish that when i clicked on a popup notification, it would remove the notification for the top right. Its a little thing, but i can have 10/20 notifications that i've read, but i have to look at to remove. Its not big, but it would be nice. 

This has been brought up multiple times. It's about how forum works in core, so two events aren't connected.

6 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

I also wish there was a general multi-platform gaming tab, so I don't put something that would be viable on multiple platforms. Neither problem is huge, but it would be nice.

Esport could go and this come in. My only fear is that it would increase rate of Moved threads. Just look at Operating systems for reference.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

This has been brought up multiple times. It's about how forum works in core, so two events aren't connected.

Ok thanks.

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Esport could go and this come in. My only fear is that it would increase rate of Moved threads. Just look at Operating systems for reference.

Yeah, that is true, it would be a hard choice. Im assuming adding a new general gaming tab similar to the General discussion tab is out of the question?

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Ok thanks.

Yeah, that is true, it would be a hard choice. Im assuming adding a new general gaming tab similar to the General discussion tab is out of the question?

Yeah, that's why we move general gaming stuff to PC Gaming.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

Ok.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Might as well ask, do handhelds (GB,GBA,3ds) go in console gaming or mobile gaming?

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Might as well ask, do handhelds (GB,GBA,3ds) go in console gaming or mobile gaming?

I would say console. I believe mobile gaming focuses on mobile phones.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I did some investigation on the notification issue a few weeks ago, and have found a solution. I was expecting to bundle it into the next forum update, but that's still a while away (NET September) so I will look at backporting that fix to install it now.

EDIT: I think this is now done, please try it and give feedback.

HTTP/2 203

6 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

I would say console. I believe mobile gaming focuses on mobile phones.

Thanks, i wasnt sure.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

18 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

I did some investigation on the notification issue a few weeks ago, and have found a solution. I was expecting to bundle it into the next forum update, but that's still a while away (NET September) so I will look at backporting that fix to install it now.

EDIT: I think this is now done, please try it and give feedback.

It does work. It wasnt big, but i love it.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler