Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GPU not turning on 30% of the time on boot. Works fine otherwise.

RTX 2070 Super FE

R 3700x

Corsair CX750wM

ASUS X-570 TUFF gaming MOBO

Corsair LPX Vengeance 16gig RAM

860 Samsung SSD

 

Built PC first time and having issues where GPU won't turn on sometimes on boot and i'll get the white VGA light on MOBO. Simple restart USUALLY takes care of it,but sometimes it takes several tries.  I can be wrong, but seems to be relatred to my monitor.. but idk how a monitor can affect a GPU from not turning on? GPU works great when it's on. No artifacts or anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, livelongvoyager said:

RTX 2070 Super FE

R 3700x

Corsair CX750wM

ASUS X-570 TUFF gaming MOBO

Corsair LPX Vengeance 16gig RAM

860 Samsung SSD

 

Built PC first time and having issues where GPU won't turn on sometimes on boot and i'll get the white VGA light on MOBO. Simple restart USUALLY takes care of it,but sometimes it takes several tries.  I can be wrong, but seems to be relatred to my monitor.. but idk how a monitor can affect a GPU from not turning on? GPU works great when it's on. No artifacts or anything.

If this is happening, I'd probably try another PSU, or update the BIOS and make sure it initializes the PCI Express graphics adapter without looking for an integrated one.

 

On some MB's, this can also happen if you don't have the monitor in the physical port 1 on the GPU, when fast-boot is turned on, which means the monitor has to be ON at the time the system is turned on for it to detect it. So try the other port's on the GPU.

Link to post
Share on other sites

any beep codes? if you did not attach a speaker to the mobo, one would need to be attached to hear it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2020 at 7:13 PM, bmx6454 said:

any beep codes? if you did not attach a speaker to the mobo, one would need to be attached to hear it.

Don't think my MOBO has beep codes? Could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure it's just the light codes and it gets stuck on white (VGA). GPU fans are spinning too, but "RTX GEFORCE" light on GPU is off?

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, livelongvoyager said:

Don't think my MOBO has beep codes? Could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure it's just the light codes and it gets stuck on white (VGA). GPU fans are spinning too, but "RTX GEFORCE" light on GPU is off?

that board has beep codes, needs a speaker attached. the spot to connect the speaker is in the same spot as the front panel connections.

 

Troubleshooting: Asus tuf x570 plus front panel connectors. : buildapc

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bmx6454 said:

that board has beep codes, needs a speaker attached. the spot to connect the speaker is in the same spot as the front panel connections.

 

Troubleshooting: Asus tuf x570 plus front panel connectors. : buildapc

Ahh Okay, didn't know. What kind of speaker gets attached to that though? Just a normal desktop speaker? And do you have any guess as to what could be causing this based on info I gave? I can at least say the error lights go from yellow, to red and stop at white when this happens. I'll know if it posts or not if it gets pass the yellow light. Otherwise it stops at white.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2020 at 7:13 PM, Kisai said:

If this is happening, I'd probably try another PSU, or update the BIOS and make sure it initializes the PCI Express graphics adapter without looking for an integrated one.

 

On some MB's, this can also happen if you don't have the monitor in the physical port 1 on the GPU, when fast-boot is turned on, which means the monitor has to be ON at the time the system is turned on for it to detect it. So try the other port's on the GPU.

Hmm so I guess i didn't have my DP connected to the right port and believed it fixed it until now..just had to restart PC twice to finally get it to display. Also my startup time increased by a couple seconds after switching ports? Normal?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×