Red LED next to RAM

Hi. My motherboard (MSI X570 ace) has a red LED in between the 24-pin and the RAM. It is not one of the POST debug LEDs, it is not mentioned in the manual and there is nothing written on the board next to it. I remember the light being lit back when I first built the system, but everything worked so I just kinda ignored it. It stopped shining after one of the BIOS updates. Well, today I did a memory overclock and the light came back on. Once again, everything works, and the OC seems stable. Does anyone know what it means, and whether this is something I should care about?

Specs:

MSI X570 ace

Corsair Vengeance 2*16GB 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36 kit currently running at 3600MHz 1.4V with XMP timings

Ryzen 3900X running on maxed out PBO

Corsair HX750i

It's an indicator light telling you XMP is enabled. 

That is all. 

Have a nice day.

Enjoy your rig.

I have an MSI MB and mine have that on there and are OC as well, mine actually pulse, but I think that is part of the Mystic Light settings as you can actually adjust them in there for some reason.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz | GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1660 Ventus 6GB OC | PSU: Corsair CX750M Semi Modular 80+ Bronze | Storage: Kingston A400 480GB SSD and WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD

Comic Sans FTW.

• 2 months later...

Is it alright if i put electric tape over the led?

i have a z170a gaming pro carbon

11 hours ago, ShortGuy123 said:

s it alright if i put electric tape over the led?

Can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be. It's not gonna overheat or anything. The only question is, will the tape really look better than the LED?