one plus nord from gear best

Earnist_

i see i can buy this phone from gear best for 428 usd but its the global version, would that work on the sprint network

You won't get 5G coverage, but other than that you're good to go. I'd just make sure it comes with the US charger.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, The Sloth said:

not worth it, get the Pixel 4A. Importing phones means, you will loose warranty. 

should but it's missing US bands, so not the best experience. 

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/oneplus-z

It's not missing any Sprint bands except the 5G, so it'll work perfectly fine.
Warranty would be a downside, but I personally have never had to use one so I don't see it as a huge downside.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

It's not missing any Sprint bands except the 5G, so it'll work perfectly fine.
Warranty would be a downside, but I personally have never had to use one so I don't see it as a huge downside.

Sprint doesn't exist anymore since the merger, so they might close off a few bands or add new ones. Not sure what the future holds, i would buy US phones for US use. 

3 minutes ago, The Sloth said:

Sprint doesn't exist anymore since the merger, so they might close off a few bands or add new ones. Not sure what the future holds, i would buy US phones for US use. 

It was taken over by TMobile. Which is only missing one band, so it won't really make much of a difference since they also use 5 other 4G bands.

If they did release it in the US, it'd likely be the same model. So. It really makes no difference.

@Earnist_ You can get it for $369 if you buy it from AliExpress.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, dizmo said:

It was taken over by TMobile. Which is only missing one band, so it won't really make much of a difference since they also use 5 other 4G bands.

If they did release it in the US, it'd likely be the same model. So. It really makes no difference.

@Earnist_ You can get it for $369 if you buy it from AliExpress.

even the phone is overall overpriced for what if offers, especially compared to the Pixel 4A,  or a s10E for 450$ on sale. 

Camera is just bad 

Screen has QC issues( no warranty, so good luck)( its hardware)  

Poor update only 2 years of OS with 1 year of extra security 

Plastic frame, so bending might be an issue 

no USB 3.1 older 2.0 

overall it was generic and overpriced for what if offered, a older 7T is a so much better phone and they go for 400$ on sale. 

so get it, if you want but i wouldn't recommend it, same goes for most reviewers. 

If you want to import a phone, find a poco f2 pro for 400$. 

6 minutes ago, The Sloth said:

even the phone is overall overpriced for what if offers, especially compared to the Pixel 4A,  or a s10E for 450$ on sale. 

Camera is just bad 

Screen has QC issues( no warranty, so good luck)( its hardware)  

Poor update only 2 years of OS with 1 year of extra security 

Plastic frame, so bending might be an issue 

overall it was generic and overpriced for what if offered, a older 7T is a so much better phone and they go for 400$ on sale. 

so get it, if you want but i wouldn't recommend it, same goes for most reviewers. 

It's really not. For NA, it's one of the best phones for the price.

Camera is just bad? I haven't heard that. Is it amazing? No, but it's good for the price. The only complaints I've seen are from the supplementary cameras.

OnePlus is rolling out an update for the screen issue. Not only that, you're buying from OnePlus officially, so you do have a warranty. At the very least you're covered 90 days by AliExpress, and if you buy it with your credit card, you're covered from a defective unit by them.

Update support is perfectly fine and no one who owns a OnePlus really complains. At the cheap price you can easily just buy a new one after the 2 years are up.

You complain about the plastic build, yet the Pixel is no different. The only thing the Pixel has going for it is the camera. It has shit battery life, no fast charging, no high refresh rate screen, smaller display...it's simply not as good of a product, unless camera is the only thing you care about.

Care to link the reviewers that don't suggest it? Because I haven't seen any with that sentiment.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

37 minutes ago, dizmo said:

amera is just bad? I haven't heard that. Is it amazing? No, but it's good for the price.

When the Pixel 4A exists, no. Have you looked at reviews and coverage? Pixel 4a literally killed it. 

OnePlus is rolling out an update for the screen issue.

For hardware issue? for one plus 8, it had the same issue and "software fix" was useful as downloading more ram, they hit the problem but it was still an issue  when you turn down the brightness or go into dim lighting. 

Not only that, you're buying from OnePlus officially, so you do have a warranty. At the very least you're covered 90 days by AliExpress, and if you buy it with your credit card, you're covered from a defective unit by them.

You want to deal with Aliexpress? and unofficial one plus warranty? i have horror story with normal official supported ones in canada, do you really want to take that route? 

You complain about the plastic build, yet the Pixel is no different. The only thing the Pixel has going for it is the camera. It has shit battery life, no fast charging, no high refresh rate screen, smaller display...it's simply not as good of a product, unless camera is the only thing you care about.

WUT?

Plastic build not bending, yes it's possible with engineering effort. 

It has shit battery life,

3A had excellent battery life and reviewers said the same about the 4a, it's actually better. Did you even look at coverage? 

no fast charging,

yes it does, slower then one plus but still fast charging, 18 watt. 

no high refresh rate screen,

So? less battery drain also cheap highrefresh OLED have issues, i wouldn't risk it.  Due to 1080p 60HZ with efficient SOC, good battery and EXCELLENT OPTIMIZED SOFTWARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE  WITHOUT ANY BLOAT LIKE FACEBOOK will give you good battery life, 8 hours SOT is not bad.  

nless camera is the only thing you care about

Camera, RMA, SOFTWARE 3 YEARS OF SUPPORT, headphone jack, USB 3.1, 50$ cheaper, reliable fingerprint scanner, stereo speakers. 

please read actual review instead of shitty one plus marketing slides. Reviewers and actual people were disappointed by how lackluster the whole launch was. 

TLDR- Pixel 4A is an excellent phone for 350$, they did hit it out of the park, where they focus on actual things users care about like camera, software update, stereo speaker, headphone jack. 

\

Here is a video of Nord bending, TLDR get a 7T if you want an one plus. 

Really shitty engineering 

It's really not. For NA, it's one of the best phones for the price.

Also it was not released in NA

Update support is perfectly fine and no one who owns a OnePlus really complains. At the cheap price you can easily just buy a new one after the 2 years are up.

Really? No one? a 50$ cheaper phone having more and faster updates. 

Also 400$ is a lot of money for that, 3 years minimum for a phone above 250$. 

7 minutes ago, The Sloth said:

When the Pixel 4A exists, no. Have you looked at reviews and coverage? Pixel 4a literally killed it. 

For hardware issue? for one plus 8, it had the same issue and "software fix" was useful as downloading more ram, they hit the problem but it was still an issue in dim lighting. 

You want to deal with Aliexpress? and unofficial one plus warranty? i have horror story with normal official supported ones in canada, do you really want to take that route? 

WUT?

Plastic build not bending 

3A had excellent battery life and reviewers said the same about the 4a, it's actually better. Did you even look at coverage? 

yes it does, slower then one plus but still fast charging, 18 watt. 

So? less battery drain also cheap highrefresh OLED have issues, i wouldn't risk it.  Due to 1080p 60HZ with efficient SOC, good battery and EXCELLENT OPTIMIZED SOFTWARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE  WITHOUT ANY BLOAT LIKE FACEBOOK will give you good battery life, 8 hours SOT is not bad.  

Camera, RMA, SOFTWARE 3 YEARS OF SUPPORT, headphone jack, USB 3.1, 50$ cheaper, reliable fingerprint scanner, stereo speakers. 

please read actual review instead of shitty one plus marketing slides. Reviewers and actual people were disappointed by how lackluster the whole launch was. 

TLDR- Pixel 4A is an excellent phone for 350$, they did hit it out of the park, where they focus on actual things users care about like camera, software update, stereo speaker, headphone jack. 

Here is a video of Nord bending, TLDR get a 7T if you want an one plus.

Really shitty engineering 

Also it was not released in NA

Really? No one? No broken updates for one plus 5t owners that had to be fixed with other patches? and a 50$ cheaper phone having more and faster updates. 

Like I said. Pixel has a better camera. Maybe read what I wrote.

The store on Aliexpress is an official OnePlus store. I've also never had an issue with any phone I've purchased, so yes, I would be fine using that. Also, on top of that, if it did turn out to be defective and they refuse to refund it, simply file a chargeback. Easy.

Why mention the 3A? It's a different device and has no relevance. That's like me saying "look at the OnePlus 7T! The Nord must be great!"

I did read reviews. Several, in fact.

Battery life could be better

https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/google-pixel-4a

Mediocre battery life

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/google-pixel-4a

In fact, of the 5 reviews I looked at, two said negative things about the battery life, two didn't mention it, and only one had something positive to say.

OnePlus's high refresh rate actually isn't that draining when it comes to batteries. If you bothered checking any review on their battery life, it's consistently higher than most brands due to their optimization, and the difference between 60hz and 90hz on their phones is minimal. SOT is a useless metric as it's drastically different from person to person.

From the JerryRigEverything video: "A good case can solve many structural issues...the OnePlus Nord isn't going to break on it's own of course, the force I exert on them isn't normal by any means." Or, here's an idea. Treat your electronics with respect and care for them, put them in a case, and it's not even an issue.

So? That doesn't mean you are incapable of importing one.

Wow, going back that far. Really reaching there, aren't you? So should I bring up all of the defects Pixel devices have had? Because they're just as bad the ones in the OnePlus phones.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

if you decide to go to china market, OnePlus 8 is about 450-470$, and it's a far better phone

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Excellent article

Google Pixel 4a doesn't seem like such a great deal, with less power, less RAM, fewer cameras, a smaller screen and no 5G connectivity - although a Pixel 4a 5G variant will arrive later in 2020, alongside the Google Pixel 5 (which will also be 5G enabled).

so Google is giving you a decent amount of bang-for-your-buck, at least within its own ecosystem.

LOL, so bad deal and a decent deal, nice. 

Hold on

That said, for a handset with such an affordable price tag,

But i thought it was not a great deal? what happened to all those 350$ 5G phones with better specs? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZMWVJDtt6g

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

OnePlus's high refresh rate actually isn't that draining when it comes to batteries. If you bothered checking any review on their battery life, it's consistently higher than most brands due to their optimization, and the difference between 60hz and 90hz on their phones is minimal.

90 hz is not that big of a deal when it comes to midrange phones, for 400$ when you can get a pocco f2 pro with SD 865, Nord becomes a joke. 

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

"A good case can solve many structural issues...the OnePlus Nord isn't going to break on it's own of course, the force I exert on them isn't normal by any means." Or, here's an idea. Treat your electronics with respect and care for them, put them in a case, and it's not even an issue.

results count, Jerry is not an engineer, he bends phones for living. Also he did get free Nord from one plus.

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

So? That doesn't mean you are incapable of importing one.

You are giving up piece of mind, no warranty...ect  

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Wow, going back that far. Really reaching there, aren't you? So should I bring up all of the defects Pixel devices have had? Because they're just as bad the ones in the OnePlus phones.

yes also they have actual warranty hat works well enough.  Google RMA is a godsend compared to trained monkeys One plus has. 

overall importing a Nord is a bad idea, If OP wants something impressive get a Pocco f2 pro. One plus nord was a very big letdown for what if offered in the market, repacked  Oppo phones are not it anymore when Pocco exists. Seriously, why diden't anymore being up the f2 pro for 400$ they are competing in the same market. 

FYI get the f2 pro, or pixel 4A. 

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-poco-f2-pro

1 hour ago, PeachGr said:

if you decide to go to china market, OnePlus 8 is about 450-470$, and it's a far better phone

won't work in the state, no band support. Chinese One plus phones have completely bands then the global/ US variants. 

2 minutes ago, The Sloth said:

90 hz is not that big of a deal when it comes to midrange phones, for 400$ when you can get a pocco f2 pro with SD 865, Nord becomes a joke. 

results count, Jerry is not an engineer, he bends phones for living. Also he did get free Nord from one plus.

You are giving up piece of mind, no warranty...ect  

yes also they have actual warranty hat works well enough.  Google RMA is a godsend compared to trained monkeys One plus has. 

overall importing a Nord is a bad idea, If OP wants something impressive get a Pocco f2 pro. One plus nord was a very big letdown for what if offered in the market, repacked  Oppo phones are not it anymore when Pocco exists. Seriously, why diden't anymore being up the f2 pro for 400$ they are competing in the same market. 

FYI get the f2 pro, or pixel 4A. 

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-poco-f2-pro

Except, you know, the Poco F2 Pro won't work in NA. So. It's pointless to mention. The Poco F2 doesn't even support half the bands that TMobile uses, so no, he shouldn't get that device.

What's your point? He said if you put a case on it, it's fine. Just like any other phone. You shouldn't be applying that kind of pressure to any device.

Peace of mind is subjective. He might not be giving that up at all. I know I wouldn't be.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Peace of mind is subjective. He might not be giving that up at all. I know I wouldn't be.

This is so pointless, your suggesting OP import a global version with no warranty and a known screen issue? am i getting this right? 

2 minutes ago, The Sloth said:

This is so pointless, your suggesting OP import a global version with no warranty and a known screen issue? am i getting this right? 

If it's what he wants, yup. It has the bands he needs, it'll work wonderfully. Not every user is going to experience screen issues. If he does, he has a return period of 3 months; more than enough to realize that. No warranty isn't a problem for everyone. It might be for you, and that's fine, but it's not for a lot of others.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

On 8/7/2020 at 1:12 AM, Earnist_ said:

i see i can buy this phone from gear best for 428 usd but its the global version, would that work on the sprint network

Looks like it should work. Its not real clear what T Mobiles plans are for the Sprint network. With the Metro PCS take over a few years back, they killed of the Metro Network in like a year I think. Technically the phone should work on both Sprint and T Mobile's network. I did notice it doesn't have 600Mhz support, which is disappointing as it would have better building penetration. But if you can live without 5G it would work, at least on 4G and 3G. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.