Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best display for photographer/gamer?

Hey y’all, so I’ve started to build my new system, and only have 2 major parts to get; The graphics card and monitor. 
Pretty sure I will be getting an RTX 3080 when it is out, so looking for a new monitor, though I am stuck on what would be more beneficial. 
The things I’m looking for in a monitor are as follows ;

• Must be colour accurate (as I do photography as a side job)
  • high resolution - 1440p and above
  • G-Sync would be a bonus?
  • High refresh rate would be a bonus

Currently my budget stands at about £500, but is flexible if required. I’m currently looking at the Samsung G7, it maybe a G9 if I can squeeze out the budget. 

Also, if someone could help me decide what panel type is the best, and what their pros and cons on each would be great. I already get recommended to get an IPS, but are they much better than VA?  
 Thanks in advance :) 

I know that this is not in your budget and you would t but it now but the Apple XDR display is perfect for colours but it is £5000.

monitors for your budget could be, Check this out on @Newegg: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr 24" Full HD 1920 x 1080 1ms 144Hz 180Hz OverClocked HDMI DisplayPort NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology Built-in Speakers Flicker-Less Technology Backlit LED Gaming Monitor which is g sync, 144hz, 1920 x 1080. It has one display port and one hdmi. It is external power but I think that that is fine. It is from a well known company so you know that you are getting what you are buying.

The LG 27GL850-B and ASUS VG27AQ are very well regarded 1440p, 144Hz, IPS displays, which should be great both for colours and for gaming. They're also right around the 500 quid mark, sometimes even lower.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Check this out on @Newegg: Samsung 890 C34H890WGN 34" 3440x1440 WQHD 4ms 100Hz FreeSync Curved Monitor. Bit over £500 but has a resolution of 3440x1440 so just at you limit. May. E a good shout and it is curved

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Or an X-Rite.

Neither will make a monitor with bad colours have good colours, but it will make one better than it is.

OP, good reviewers do test the colour accuracy of monitors, usually both out of the box and calibrares, tho colour accuracy might be diffierent from one to another of the same model, but it varies a lot more on cheaper monitors than better ones.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking