Need help deciding a laptop

i want to buy a laptop which ill use to program but also game on the side since i dont have a desktop. My current laptop cant run shit and i only plan on upgrading after a minimum of 4 years.

I need help deciding which specs should i aim for. I want performance, battery, good screen and medium 90 to 120 hz gaming.

As far as i know according to my needs i should go for these specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 4600h

Nvidia GTX 1660Ti / Radeon 5600M

144hz laptop screen

SSD/ SSD + HDD

My budget is around 1000 - 1200 USD.

Please correct me if im wrong in any of these statements/ assumptions and any advice is appreciated!

GPU

I saw some laptop benchmarks with asus tuf which showed that to get high refresh rate gaming experience ill need the 1660ti chip since 1650ti at medium achieves around 60 fps only.

2060 is out of my budget.

CPU

Cant go with intel i5 at the same price as ryzen 5 or ryzen 7 

Now the problem arises with available laptop SKU.

Asus tuf- according to reviews heats (big red flag for me), bad screen, No sku with 1660Ti in my region!

Asus g14 - NO sku with anything above 1650 Ti in my region and a bit expensive compared to others in the same price range but i guess isnt "budget gaming"

HP Omen - No sku with 144hz display for some reason in my region.

HP Pavillion Gaming -  No sku with 1660Ti

Same for MSI,  acer, etc either they come with intel i5 or less powerful gpu

I need help with understanding if im aiming for the right balanced build or i can make some compromises.

For Eg. if i give up high refresh gaming, 1650ti with 60hz screen on HP Omen makes good sense to me but th question is since im not gonna upgrade for atleast 4 years should i go for 1650ti and a 60 hz panel?

Also should i wait for zen 3 launch and wait for it to come to laptops? is there any gpu launching in the next 4- 6 months ?

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, parthm said:

I need help with understanding if im aiming for the right balanced build or i can make some compromises.

For Eg. if i give up high refresh gaming, 1650ti with 60hz screen on HP Omen makes good sense to me but th question is since im not gonna upgrade for atleast 4 years should i go for 1650ti and a 60 hz panel?

Also should i wait for zen 3 launch and wait for it to come to laptops? is there any gpu launching in the next 4- 6 months ?

Thanks!

1.Ryzen 4000 series are great for gaming for budget solution.

2.all gaming laptop that I know has 120hz+ screen refresh rate.

3.If you have no problem of waiting,it's a great idea waiting about 2 months for Zen 3 and decided again for buying zen2 or zen3

the price if zen2 should drop a bit too.

4.4 years of upgrading you should go with 1660ti it's not much expensive,but if you got really low budget get the 1650ti.

41 minutes ago, parthm said:

i want to buy a laptop which ill use to program but also game on the side since i dont have a desktop. My current laptop cant run shit and i only plan on upgrading after a minimum of 4 years.

I need help deciding which specs should i aim for. I want performance, battery, good screen and medium 90 to 120 hz gaming.

As far as i know according to my needs i should go for these specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 4600h

Nvidia GTX 1660Ti / Radeon 5600M

144hz laptop screen

SSD/ SSD + HDD

My budget is around 1000 - 1200 USD.

Please correct me if im wrong in any of these statements/ assumptions and any advice is appreciated!

GPU

I saw some laptop benchmarks with asus tuf which showed that to get high refresh rate gaming experience ill need the 1660ti chip since 1650ti at medium achieves around 60 fps only.

2060 is out of my budget.

CPU

Cant go with intel i5 at the same price as ryzen 5 or ryzen 7 

Now the problem arises with available laptop SKU.

Asus tuf- according to reviews heats (big red flag for me), bad screen, No sku with 1660Ti in my region!

Asus g14 - NO sku with anything above 1650 Ti in my region and a bit expensive compared to others in the same price range but i guess isnt "budget gaming"

HP Omen - No sku with 144hz display for some reason in my region.

HP Pavillion Gaming -  No sku with 1660Ti

Same for MSI,  acer, etc either they come with intel i5 or less powerful gpu

Thanks!

If you arent video editing, the A15s screen is fine. Also, only the 2060 model overheats. The 1650 and 1660 models are okay. I'd you want more than a 1650, this is your option.

You are right to be looking at Ryzen 4000. The 4600H is faster than the i7 10750H and the i5s are much slower, to the point where they should be ignored.

For models, the HP Omen 15, Asus Zephyrus G14, Acer Nitro 5 and Legion 5 are all great. Pick whichever one of them you prefer. The Asus A15 with a 1650/1650 is also decent.

46 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

If you arent video editing, the A15s screen is fine. Also, only the 2060 model overheats. The 1650 and 1660 models are okay. I'd you want more than a 1650, this is your option.

You are right to be looking at Ryzen 4000. The 4600H is faster than the i7 10750H and the i5s are much slower, to the point where they should be ignored.

For models, the HP Omen 15, Asus Zephyrus G14, Acer Nitro 5 and Legion 5 are all great. Pick whichever one of them you prefer. The Asus A15 with a 1650/1650 is also decent.

So youre saying 1650ti is good enough to handle 1080p medium gaming at 100hz or so ? because stupid manufacturers dont provide 1660ti models here.

4 minutes ago, parthm said:

So youre saying 1650ti is good enough to handle 1080p medium gaming at 100hz or so ? because stupid manufacturers dont provide 1660ti models here.

Depends on the games. I CSGo and Fortnite you'll get 150-200 frames. In Warzone you're looking at 50-60

1 hour ago, Boonandboo said:

1.Ryzen 4000 series are great for gaming for budget solution.

2.all gaming laptop that I know has 120hz+ screen refresh rate.

3.If you have no problem of waiting,it's a great idea waiting about 2 months for Zen 3 and decided again for buying zen2 or zen3

the price if zen2 should drop a bit too.

4.4 years of upgrading you should go with 1660ti it's not much expensive,but if you got really low budget get the 1650ti.

im assuming zen 3 will be desktop chips. any idea when the new architecture will come to laptops?

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Depends on the games. I CSGo and Fortnite you'll get 150-200 frames. In Warzone you're looking at 50-60

Im not a hardcore gamer but since i dont plan to upgrade for min 4 years i was thinking that 1660ti should be better long term

4 minutes ago, parthm said:

Im not a hardcore gamer but since i dont plan to upgrade for min 4 years i was thinking that 1660ti should be better long term

The issue is not whether the GPU will cope but whether the laptop will live that long. Most only last 2-3 years

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The issue is not whether the GPU will cope but whether the laptop will live that long. Most only last 2-3 years

my current laptop is 6 year old i5 - 6th gen :(

I dont travel as much with my laptops so chances of physical damage is less. thats why i prefer laptops with better cooling since chnaces of anything dying is reduced.

6 minutes ago, parthm said:

my current laptop is 6 year old i5 - 6th gen :(

I dont travel as much with my laptops so chances of physical damage is less. thats why i prefer laptops with better cooling since chnaces of anything dying is reduced.

Get the Eluktronics RP-15

21 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Get the Eluktronics RP-15

they dont ship to or provide warranty in india. 

5 minutes ago, parthm said:

they dont ship to or provide warranty in india. 

Well, in that case the Omen 15 or Legion 5

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Well, in that case the Omen 15 or Legion 5

thanks