Budget Build for a Friend.

Whipshadow

Budget (including currency): $500-$600 (USD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Playing the latest games in either medium or high settings. Also for SFM

Other details: 

Hey guys this is my first post on here. My friend wants a budget gaming PC thats in between $500-$600. Me and a couple of other friends have compiled this list. I want to know if these parts will work well with each other and if I can get cheaper parts. 

P.S He says he's good with his storage and his monitor and will simply bring them over. However, he has an HDD, if you have any suggestions for a cheap SSD that would also be appreciated!

storage?

buy the memory and cpu used. you can get pretty good deals on lower end parts. 

12 minutes ago, Saksham said:

storage?

buy the memory and cpu used. you can get pretty good deals on lower end parts. 

I added a post script about storage just now. Would you suggest the RX 570 or RX 580 for a cheaper GPU? 

The Crucial BX500 is a good cheap SSD if you can find it in stock. Otherwise look to see if you can find some used RAM but looks good to me

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

3 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

The Crucial BX500 is a good cheap SSD if you can find it in stock. Otherwise look to see if you can find some used RAM but looks good to me

I would rather go with the MX500. the bx500 is really old and is of a lower quality. 

you could also go with a WD blue m.2 ssd as well. 

also, replace the 1660 with the 1660 super. its like $15 more and you get much better performance. 

if you go with the same cpu but used, you could save $10 there, save $5 for used ram, you could save another $10-20 on a b350 mother board instead (make sure you know the difference in b450 and b350). so the $30 you save by going used, spend $15 on the 1660 super instead and then another 30 for a good ssd. 

In fact, I have a ssd I could sell to you for $30. its a corsair mp500 120gb. it's really really fast and its m.2 form factor so it makes life easy. DM me for details

15 hours ago, Whipshadow said:

Budget (including currency): $500-$600 (USD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Playing the latest games in either medium or high settings. Also for SFM

Other details: 

Hey guys this is my first post on here. My friend wants a budget gaming PC thats in between $500-$600. Me and a couple of other friends have compiled this list. I want to know if these parts will work well with each other and if I can get cheaper parts. 

P.S He says he's good with his storage and his monitor and will simply bring them over. However, he has an HDD, if you have any suggestions for a cheap SSD that would also be appreciated!

My friend says he is going to save up for a high-end PC. Thanks for the help, though!