Gpu fan curve suggestions

ItzUknown

I have a Zotac 2060 super AMP edition (2 fans). I noticed that it got kind of warm (75~) and loud when playing. After changing fan curves and fans of my system I reached to the point that I have vsync on just because the card wont reach high temps and wont be loud. Is there any fan curve that could help me have a quiet ish card and temps under 75 or at least after ours of playing under 80 without vsync, because I've been thinking about getting a 144hz display

Thanks in advance!!

What I recommend is set the max temp you'll be comfortable with at 100%, then 10% down for every 5C lower. And maybe set speed to 0 below 40-50C

To get lower temps lower the temperature target with firestorm/afterburner, then set fan profile as needed for noise. gpu performance will take a hit, but it'll achieve your goal

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

8 hours ago, Cyracus said:

To get lower temps lower the temperature target with firestorm/afterburner, then set fan profile as needed for noise. gpu performance will take a hit, but it'll achieve your goal

I wont really change it. I just need it to be a little quieter at the 70ish mark. I already mayde my own. Thanks for your answer!!

2 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

I wont really change it. I just need it to be a little quieter at the 70ish mark. I already mayde my own. Thanks for your answer!!

You can always pull your fans and shroud and put a couple of 120mm on it. I recently tested it and was impressed with the results, especially when comparing noise levels.

On 8/6/2020 at 3:37 AM, Cyracus said:

I will probably set it from 83 to 77. I am comfortable at that temperature

On 8/6/2020 at 3:34 AM, Darpyface said:

What I recommend is set the max temp you'll be comfortable with at 100%, then 10% down for every 5C lower. And maybe set speed to 0 below 40-50C

So set it at like 65% for example and then if the card goes 5c lower I should lower it to 55% until it hits a temperature that I like?

On 8/6/2020 at 3:05 PM, Demonic Donut said:

You can always pull your fans and shroud and put a couple of 120mm on it. I recently tested it and was impressed with the results, especially when comparing noise levels.

I'll probably do that but I want to see what i can do first with software

Using MSI Afterburner, I have set the fans on my 2070 Super to 35% until 50C/122F and to 70% above that.

In that way I enjoy silent Windows operation at 35C/95F idle, while 100% GPU in games runs at around 62C/140-145F. Wearing a headset for gaming so moderate noise is not an issue for me.

Oh, I love this noise levels/heat ratio topic. I've spent like 40+ hours trying to get my GPU to be as silent as possible while still being able to perform well without overheating... 

Best solution is to find noise levels and temperature that you are comfortable with like @Darpyface wrote. Build the fan curve around your experiments. Different fans make different types of noise and we experience the noise in different ways. Make sure there is enough air flow to your GPU and make sure that your case fans are supporting the GPU/CPU instead of suffocating it.  

I think 75-80°C is really good for RTX 2060 when you're gaming. Sadly they tend to run lot hotter than their GTX cousins. If you're not willing to use aftermarket cooling solution, you're stuck with it. I can't play most games on high/ultra settings 1080p/144FPS without going above 80°C. 😑 It will throttle at 84°C by default.

I've undervolted my GPU (temp limit did little to no difference) so that I'm mainly gaming around 77°C 1080p/60FPS in ultra/high settings in the games I play. Only in multiplayer games I'll lower the settings for 144+ FPS.

Gaming PC

MBO: MSI B450M MORTAR MAX           CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3060ti TUF OC 8GB,        RAM: Kingston 16GB (2 x 8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 3200Mhz,

Storage: Samsung SSD 980 1TB  &   WD Blue 1 TB SSD

PSU: Corsair 650W RM650x (2018)       Case: Kolink Citadel Mesh Matx     Case Fans: 3x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM 120mm

3 hours ago, Zelenia said:

Oh, I love this noise levels/heat ratio topic. I've spent like 40+ hours trying to get my GPU to be as silent as possible while still being able to perform well without overheating... 

Best solution is to find noise levels and temperature that you are comfortable with like @Darpyface wrote. Build the fan curve around your experiments. Different fans make different types of noise and we experience the noise in different ways. Make sure there is enough air flow to your GPU and make sure that your case fans are supporting the GPU/CPU instead of suffocating it.  

I think 75-80°C is really good for RTX 2060 when you're gaming. Sadly they tend to run lot hotter than their GTX cousins. If you're not willing to use aftermarket cooling solution, you're stuck with it. I can't play most games on high/ultra settings 1080p/144FPS without going above 80°C. 😑 It will throttle at 84°C by default.

I've undervolted my GPU (temp limit did little to no difference) so that I'm mainly gaming around 77°C 1080p/60FPS in ultra/high settings in the games I play. Only in multiplayer games I'll lower the settings for 144+ FPS.

I was playing Doom Eternal today and even if it is not the hardest to run game I saw only 69 (heyyy) max so that is really good. But i agree with you. The RTX family runs hotter for sure than my 1050 ti g1 gaming I had before. I use vsync for now except on games like CSGO and R6 but Im mostly about my temps since where I live the ambient temperatures have been getting colder!!

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, cnhoff said:

Removed, wrong thread.

No problem,

Cheers!!