Most NVIDIA 20 Series cards have been discontinued, last batch of 2070 Super GPUs dispatched

illegalwater

Everything above the 2060 Super has been discontinued, and the last batch of chips for the 2070 Super have been sent out. Ampere is getting close.

In early July it was reported that NVIDIA is planning to retire its high-end RTX 20 Series stack, as the next-generation graphics cards is approaching. Since then, NVIDIA AICs have indeed begun the process of delisting their current high-end lineup and stores have started to offer interesting promotions on remaining stock.

The discontinuation list of NVIDIA RTX 20 graphics cards included:

• GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
  • GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
  • GeForce RTX 2070

All of these cards are high-end models. What this means is that NVIDIA could be planning to replace the whole enthusiast segment at once, which would not be surprising considering NVIDIA rolled out RTX 20 series with 2080Ti, 2080 and 2070 at the same time. The report, however, puts GeForce 2070 successor to launch a month later.

RTX 2070 SUPER is no more

The Chinese site MyDrivers has a good track record when it comes to graphics card production information, after all, most of the cards are made in China. They are usually spot on when it comes to early indicators when the models are discontinued. Today they reported that the RTX 2070 SUPER, which was also mentioned in the previous report, is now ‘completely’ discontinued. Reportedly the last batch of the chips (GPUs) has been dispatched and no furthers orders will be accepted. What this means is that the RTX 2070 SUPER life has ended and the remaining chips will be the last to be sold.

I'm interested to see how the 30 Series pans out, hopefully we'll get a 2-3x increase of ray tracing performance, that and some real gains in rasterization performance this time.

Source

https://videocardz.com/newz/report-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super-has-been-discontinued

Dell S2721DGF - RTX 3070 XC3 - i5 12600K

Is there a exact realease date yet? I know it's september but nothing specific. I really hope they actually deliver anything worth replacing my 1080Ti with...

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Is there a exact realease date yet? I know it's september but nothing specific. I really hope they actually deliver anything worth replacing my 1080Ti with...

Supposedly September 17th, with the 3070 following in October and the 3060 in November.

Source: https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-30-series-to-gradually-launch-between-september-and-november

Dell S2721DGF - RTX 3070 XC3 - i5 12600K

Can't wait for the 3XXX series so I can get a 2080 second hand.

11 hours ago, Escanor said:

Hope the new 3000 series wont be way overpriced

The only thing that can stop Nvidia overpricing their cards is competition, specifically whether Big Navi/RDNA 2 can have an impact on high end market

11 hours ago, Escanor said:

Hope the new 3000 series wont be way overpriced, defiantly gonna upgrade hopefully in oct or sept right before the winter

I'd expect the 2000 pricing to continue.  Especially at the higher end there's just no competition, and I doubt there will be.

On 8/5/2020 at 3:31 PM, Moonzy said:

cant wait to collect my next xx70 card

Me too 🙂 1070 , 2070 super, then later 3070 super or whatever it shall be called. :D

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

Just now, hollyh88 said:

Me too 🙂 1070 , 2070 super, then later 3070 super or whatever it shall be called. :D

i sold both of my 1070 :( but it'll remain in my heart

970, (1070), 2070S, 3070

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

i sold both of my 1070 :( but it'll remain in my heart

970, (1070), 2070S, 3070

Still have my 1070 but am planning to sell it or either to put it in the pc of my girlfriend that I am planning to build sometime later. 🤔 should still be a proper 1080p card for 1/1.5 years orso. 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

4alzfh.jpg

in Graphic Card subforum until actual release day.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

12 hours ago, Death_Comes said:

The only thing that can stop Nvidia overpricing their cards is competition, specifically whether Big Navi/RDNA 2 can have an impact on high end market

Big Navi is allegedly as disruptive to the market as first generation Ryzen was. Not top of the line product, but very good performance for a good price. And I think speculations are quite correct. If we look what a dramatic shift AMD did with Navi (RX 5700 XT) compared to their old offerings... It totally destroys Polaris series and also laughs at Radeon 7 with much lower power consumption, lower price and that's without HBM2.

They also split their product stack into two groups, RDNA or "Rendering DNA" and CDNA for "Compute DNA". It's what NVIDIA has done because it's hard to have a GPU that favors both types of workloads well. That alone gives new Radeon cards more room to focus on what they are meant for instead o trying to be good at both in one GPU. They can still do compute, just not that great compared to older generations.

Can't wait to get Titan RTX 2 (Or whatever it's gonna be called).

WS: 13900K - 128GB - 6.5TB SSD - RTX 3090 24GB - 42" LG OLED C2  - W11 Pro
LAPTOP: Lenovo Gaming 3 - 8GB - 512GB SSD - GTX 1650

NAS 1: HP MicroServer Gen8 - 32TB - FreeNAS

NAS 2: 10400F - 44TB - FreeNAS

Very interesting. I don't know if it is a normal practic or not to discontinue the top product before announcing or releasing the new card. Looks like they are leaving no high end options to us. I guess this trick is being done to intentionally create a deficiency of top notch GPUs and this way create a bigger hype and better sales on day one. But that's just a theory of mine.

I am not a native English speaker, so I might make some mistakes here and there. I am sorry in advance for that. I do my best to write as good and clean as I can. Cheers!

8 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

a

in Graphic Card subforum until actual release day.

It's already started,  current release date is only 4 or 5 weeks away.  Mind you, unless I have been under a rock, this release has been quite subdued compared with the last few releases (from both colors), especially as far as hype an assumption on forums go.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.