New 3700x installed with the wraith max and it seems to be running warm

So I just installed a 3700x and for some reason it seems to be acting odd, it turbos up to 4.4ghz heats up to about 63 C then cranks up the fan speed and drops its clocks to 4.0-4.1ghz, its odd I tried changing the fan rpm but it inst doing much of a difference and rnter and yzen master doesn't seem to want to work I just have dragon ce4 chrome tabs open. nothing that should be putting strain on the cpu, I double checked that it was attached well and that it was plugged into the cpu fan header and yeah, everything is fine. so any ideas outside of buying a new cpu cooler, im saving for a d15 atm

fed.PNG

gdrf.PNG

The CPU only boosts up to 4.4GHz when it needs to. A few chrome tabs don't need the full turbo. If you don't want your CPU to clock down and save power enable the max performance power plan. Have the 3700X and NH-D15 myself and this is normal behavior. However i never saw any performance benefits from changing power-plans. These mostly change the idle behavior.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just now, Stahlmann98 said:

The CPU only boosts up to 4.4GHz when it needs to. A few chrome tabs don't need the full turbo. If you don't want your CPU to clock down and save power enable the max performance power plan. Have the 3700X and NH-D15 myself and this is normal behavior.

how do i do that. 

1 minute ago, WoodyWoo said:

how do i do that. 

First you need to install the latest AMD chipset-drivers from the website of your Mobo. Then restart your PC. Then just go into Windows Power Settings and change to max performance.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

First you need to install the latest AMD chipset-drivers from the website of your Mobo. Then restart your PC. Then just go into Windows Power Settings and change to max performance.

i dont want max performance i want my cpu to stop running at max performance when it isnt needed say when on chrome. its jumping up to 60 C is that normal?

Regardless, i reccommend to get the chipset drivers, because with AMD this is the only way to get the custom Windows Power Plans and optimal performance. You can enable the balanced power plan and let your CPU decide how much it boosts and when it needs to.

The temperature jumps are completely normal with Ryzen. My 3700X keeps spiking to 60°C or even 70°C sometimes for only a second or two. Even with the D15. As long as you can maintain under 85°C under full 100% load you're fine. Maybe you don't need a new cooler. I only got the D15 because i wanted absolute silence. From what i know the Wraith Prism is good enough for the 3700X if you don't care much about noise.

8 minutes ago, WoodyWoo said:

i dont want max performance i want my cpu to stop running at max performance when it isnt needed say when on chrome. its jumping up to 60 C is that normal?

Use Ryzen Master and you'll see that it's not running at max P states. MSIs software alongside many other utilities are broken and don't display reading correctly. Only Ryzen Master and HWiNFO can track Ryzen properly.

14 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Wrong. The drivers on the board vendors are years our of date and rarely, if ever, get updated. Always download chipset drivers from AMDs site directly.

22 minutes ago, WoodyWoo said:

So I just installed a 3700x and for some reason it seems to be acting odd, it turbos up to 4.4ghz heats up to about 63 C then cranks up the fan speed and drops its clocks to 4.0-4.1ghz, its odd I tried changing the fan rpm but it inst doing much of a difference and rnter and yzen master doesn't seem to want to work I just have dragon ce4 chrome tabs open. nothing that should be putting strain on the cpu, I double checked that it was attached well and that it was plugged into the cpu fan header and yeah, everything is fine. so any ideas outside of buying a new cpu cooler, im saving for a d15 atm

fed.PNG

gdrf.PNG

It's very likely that MSI bloatware is causing conflicts with Ryzen Master. Dragon Centre is extremely shit and broken. Uninstall it if possible.

Just now, 5x5 said:

Wrong. The drivers on the board vendors are years our of date and rarely, if ever, get updated. Always download chipset drivers from AMDs site directly.

Problem ryzen master wont work, first it said it didnt support my cpu then i did a fresh install and i get this everytime, no matter how many times I do a fresh download 

fesd.PNG

1 minute ago, WoodyWoo said:

Problem ryzen master wont work, first it said it didnt support my cpu then i did a fresh install and i get this everytime, no matter how many times I do a fresh download 

fesd.PNG

Theres likely a conflict with something. Do a fresh OS install and get the latest chipset driver and BIOS