Which RTX 2070 Super Card Should I Buy?

Exemptist
Go to solution Solved by KaitouX,

I like the look of the Asus Rog Strix RTX 2070S, but I'd be paying a minimum of $750 for it. Assuming there is nowhere to get that card for a better price, what are some cheaper options that still retain a good quality? Where can I find them for good prices?

WHAT!? $750 for 2070Super? Dude, I have that same Rog Strix 2070Super and it didn’t even cost that much.

11 minutes ago, ZWELINHTET said:

WHAT!? $750 for 2070Super? Dude, I have that same Rog Strix 2070Super and it didn’t even cost that much.

Well, that was the lowest price I could find. Here it is on NewEgg, at $950 https://www.newegg.com/geforce-rtx-2070-super-asus-rtx2070-super/p/N82E16814126330?Description=asus rog strix 2070s&cm_re=asus_rog strix 2070s-_-9SIAGKCBRC5227-_-Product&quicklink=true

22 minutes ago, Exemptist said:

The price is inflated due to low stock most likely, never pay that amount for an RTX 2070S, the Strix version should cost around 580$

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

What @KaitouX has linked is a great card, though don't pay more than 550$ for it :D

16 minutes ago, Syn. said:

What @KaitouX has linked is a great card, though don't pay more than 550$ for it :D

Personally even for that price I would just save $150 and get the 5700XT Pulse for $400 or some similar priced 2060S/2070, the 2070S is faster than the 5700XT and 2060S/2070 but it's nowhere near fast enough to warrant the $150 extra it costs currently(for a decent cooler), even the $100 extra it costs normally was already hard to justify but with the current prices it's even harder.

16 minutes ago, KaitouX said:

Personally even for that price I would just save $150 and get the 5700XT Pulse for $400 or some similar priced 2060S/2070, the 2070S is faster than the 5700XT and 2060S/2070 but it's nowhere near fast enough to warrant the $150 extra it costs currently, even the $100 extra it costs normally was already hard to justify but with the current prices it's even harder.

The value of the card is totally up to you depending on what kind of features you're looking for in a card and if the better drivers on NVIDIA or the wide support that CUDA gets is of any interest to you, there's even a different set of features for each side specifically for gaming, like DLSS and RayTracing, while little to no unique ones for AMD, though it's known that AMD provides better price to performance, but from my perspective moving away from AMD GPUs was necessary since their drivers have been plagued with issues for years and CUDA was an important feature that I needed, so the extra price was justified for me

@Exemptist Though I forgot to mention that there are new GPUs coming very soon, more information should be revealed in the coming month for both AMD and NVIDIA for their new GPUs

50 minutes ago, Syn. said:

The value of the card is totally up to you depending on what kind of features you're looking for in a card and if the better drivers on NVIDIA or the wide support that CUDA gets is of any interest to you, there's even a different set of features for each side specifically for gaming, like DLSS and RayTracing, while little to no unique ones for AMD, though it's known that AMD provides better price to performance, but from my perspective moving away from AMD GPUs was necessary since their drivers have been plagued with issues for years and CUDA was an important feature that I needed, so the extra price was justified for me

@Exemptist Though I forgot to mention that there are new GPUs coming very soon, more information should be revealed in the coming month for both AMD and NVIDIA for their new GPUs

I have taken into consideration the new upcoming parts, but I'd be most likely to buy the new RTX 3060 which probably isn't slotted to get released by third-party organizations until early next year.