Do metal/glas workers still exists?

Lii

Hello as a title

The thing is that I do need an object with particular dimensions but by googling I didn't find anything.. looking also to alibaba I see that manufacters seems to stop within certain dimensions, but they also say that they could do something custom for me if I do order a big order.. which is something that I do not need for now.. for now I was looking just for a single or a couple of those..

Metal worker as in blacksmith, or as in machine shop? The answer is yes to both. Glass blowers still exist as well, because forming things out of glass is sometimes a very hands on thing.

A very entertaining Youtube channel about blacksmithing. In this one, Alec fixes his 300lbs. (that's the striking force) power hammer.

Edit: Switch to part 5, which was more entertaining.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

36 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Metal worker as in blacksmith, or as in machine shop? The answer is yes to both. Glass blowers still exist as well, because forming things out of glass is sometimes a very hands on thing.

A very entertaining Youtube channel about blacksmithing. In this one, Alec fixes his 300lbs. (that's the striking force) power hammer.

Edit: Switch to part 5, which was more entertaining.

Alec is very entertaining. Especially any of the sword videos. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

3 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Alec is very entertaining. Especially any of the sword videos. 

My personal favorite was the Chefs Knife from long ago, the 2nd one. The end product was amazing.

I'm waiting for him to realize how popular long stretches of video featuring music set to B roll of the power hammer would be. I'd watch the shit out of that.

Also waiting for a collaboration video between him an @LinusTech, because the idea of Linus holding a piece of nearly white hot steel and putting it into a power hammer is comical to me. I did 2 years of welding shop back in High School, and part of that included some minor metal forming with heat and an anvil. I've never been around a power hammer but I think Linus being near one would just be supremely comical. Especially one that smacks with (I'm guessing here) double his weight, per strike.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

15 hours ago, Xvaster said:

Hello as a title

The thing is that I do need an object with particular dimensions but by googling I didn't find anything.. looking also to alibaba I see that manufacters seems to stop within certain dimensions, but they also say that they could do something custom for me if I do order a big order.. which is something that I do not need for now.. for now I was looking just for a single or a couple of those..

Depends on what you are looking to get made but assuming it's compute related as your on this forum check out Protocase they specialize in one offs and custom orders. Just note that a one off part will be quite expensive. 

-Moved to Modding Section- 

Edited by W-L

10 hours ago, W-L said:

Depends on what you are looking to get made but assuming it's compute related as your on this forum check out Protocase they specialize in one offs and custom orders. Just note that a one off part will be quite expensive. 

-Moved to Modding Section- 

Problem solved thanks, I found a cheap manufacturer

Who was the cheap manufacturer if you don't mind me asking?

Additionally if you do ever want pieces of steel or custom metal things made, usually good to check in with your national bladesmith association. (The U.S has the biggest and best maintained group, and they have members all over the world if you can't find one for your country.)

People are usually very friendly and able to make amazing custom things, although prices may be a tad expensive depending on if they are a master smith etc and what type of material you are after.