Lancool II HDD vibration noise

simpsonfan409

I just got this case a few days ago, the non-mesh version, because i wanted to avoid noise coming through the mesh side cover. I have turned all my fans off in the bios for a moment to assure none of my fans are causing this issue. Don't worry, neither of the components even got to 50c. The noise is a constant buzzing that sometimes goes away when i shift around the harddrive bay a little. I could hear them in my old case, but it was more of a low humming. it's really bothering me as this is the first time i bought an expensive case. 

Have you experienced something like that with the Lancool II? Any fixes? 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 11:54 PM, Deekrai said:

Hello,

I have the same problem.

i ended up removing the hard drive, it was quite old. it wasn't vibrating in the old case, but it was certainly louder than my other hard drives.

You could try installing small rubber spacers between the HDD and the case mount. 

That will help with vibration going through the whole case. 

My Lian Li Lancool II Mesh came with some for the SSD Mounts on the non-mesh side cover. 

However, most HDDs shouldn't be vibrating that much. If I had one making that much noise, I would transfer the data and get a newer drive. 

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS