Game looks laggy despite having 60fps

Cyphuss

I was playing BF4 and have noticed that it looks laggy despite me having 60FPS and it isnt my internet i am at 60 ping.

MSI GF 63 THIN 9SC

i7 9750H

Gtx 1650 maxq 

8gb 2633 mhz ram 

476 gb ssd

15 minutes ago, Cyphuss said:

I was playing BF4 and have noticed that it looks laggy despite me having 60FPS and it isnt my internet i am at 60 ping.

MSI GF 63 THIN 9SC

i7 9750H

Gtx 1650 maxq 

8gb 2633 mhz ram 

476 gb ssd

60 FPS typically looks sort of laggy. Mostly due to frame times not being super consistent. I would try and drop some settings or lower the render resolution maybe 10% and hope that helps some.

I assume if your at 60 FPS, there are some dips down into the 50's? Possibly even 40's? Or am I misunderstanding and the dips are down to 60, and normally your getting something like 80+?

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

3 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

60 FPS typically looks sort of laggy. Mostly due to frame times not being super consistent. I would try and drop some settings or lower the render resolution maybe 10% and hope that helps some.

I assume if your at 60 FPS, there are some dips down into the 50's? Possibly even 40's? Or am I misunderstanding and the dips are down to 60, and normally your getting something like 80+?

No no dips i already tried lowering settings and the same

cap you framerate and play in fullscreen. is your monitor 60hz or is it higher? are you experiencing this is any other games? 

Just now, SuburbanBourbon said:

I already capped it with vsync my monitor is 60hz

Just now, Cyphuss said:

I already capped it with vsync my monitor is 60hz

disable vsync

1 minute ago, SuburbanBourbon said:

disable vsync

I already tried that but had no difference and i played minecraft and 60 fps feels fine 

1 minute ago, SuburbanBourbon said:

disable vsync

BF4 was smooth but now it looks like a stop motion movie all laggy

11 minutes ago, SuburbanBourbon said:

did you change some graphical settings lately? revert it 

I did i then reverted but no difference.

Whenever i play a gmod server my fps is complete bs it goes to 30-50fps on a gaming laptop

MSI GF 63 THIN 9SC
GTX 1650 MQ

i7 9750h 2.6ghz 4.5 boost

8gb 2633 mhz ram

And my connection is fine

no i dont probably like 10 it could also be that my cpu clocks down in speed when gaming

I've already made this post but on my laptop the fps is horrible i get probably 50-30 fps where on my desktop i get a solid 60-100 fps in most games

MSI GF 63 THIN 9SC

Gtx 1650 mq

i7 9750h

2667 mhz 8gb ddr4 ram

I know roblox runs bad but its really pushing the limits.

Share a few task manager screenshots while the game is open in the background.

2 hours ago, Jet_ski said:

Okay

image.thumb.png.fbd56e12e37fd5ad217c4fe09b32bf84.png

2 hours ago, Jet_ski said:

Posted a screen

Can you show the performance tab of your task manager?

5 minutes ago, Cyphuss said:

1 minute ago, Not Wills said:

You know do Roblox is capped at 60fps unless u get one of those FPS unlockers with messing with the code is against there tos.

I do have a fps unlocker on but what does that have to do with anything?

5 minutes ago, Cyphuss said:

You have 8GB of RAM with 80% utilization and only 2GB seems to be used by the game. Maybe close other programs and lower your in-game graphics settings.

Just now, Jet_ski said:

You have 8GB of RAM with 80% utilization and only 2GB seems to be used by the game. Maybe close other programs and lower your in-game graphics settings.

I guess never had that problem on my desktop that game that i am running was always fine 60+ fps just my laptop is my gpu weak? my cpu is more than enough

5 minutes ago, thewill102 said:

Can you show the performance tab of your task manager?

image.thumb.png.88f157154d876ea1e0e68f21722e0c6f.pngheres the performance tab

Its probably not this, But just in case run a speed check on your WiFi. Their is also the possibility that your router/modem is giving you just bad lag so possibly reset both I know some of my friends need to do this every 4-5 days when playing competitive.

2 hours ago, Not Wills said:

Roblox is Roblox and there engine don't handle FPS well. On the internet theres a video of a 2070 only getting 80fps

I know that but on my desktop it handles fine with the vega 64 the game in the background that was lagging was fine on my desktop

2 hours ago, marshalmap said:

Its probably not this, But just in case run a speed check on your WiFi. Their is also the possibility that your router/modem is giving you just bad lag so possibly reset both I know some of my friends need to do this every 4-5 days when playing competitive.

Its because their are barely any meshes its all parts.

2 hours ago, marshalmap said:

My internet is fine i have like 50 down 90 up and my ping in roblox is like 40-50

2 minutes ago, Cyphuss said:

I guess never had that problem on my desktop that game that i am running was always fine 60+ fps just my laptop is my gpu weak? my cpu is more than enough

The graphics card is ok. But you are running the game at a 1920x1080 resolution which is a bit high for a laptop graphics card to get higher FPS. Decrease your screen resolution to get an immediate FPS improvement. Besides that your RAM usage is high, the OS won't let you reach 90% utilization otherwise it'll crash; you have to close some apps you're not using.