Amp and DAC combo recommendations

Cygi

Hello, 

I come in great need, DAC and AMP combo for my DT 770s 80 OHMs, Toslink input, 3,5 mm jack (or the thick one) output. Price up to 200$. Thank you so much in advance ❤️

For $200 you can get stuff like the topping d10s and my favorite amp with Beyers the monoprice liquid spark. Or even the nice and powerful Magni heresy or 3+. All 3 are great for up to 600 ohm Beyers. For less money the Zen dac and k5 pro exist. Both have oppriste strengths and weaknesses the Zen dac has a better dac the k5 pro has a more powerful amp. But an 80 ohm 770 can run fine on more compact less powerful setups like a fiio btr5 or a Ifi hip dac pretty easily. Honestly I aggree with @startrek03 the 80 ohm 7+0 while it will benefit from a cleaner source and even a bit more power than a motherboard it's not completely nessecarry 

Do you want portable or desktop? The Schiit stack mentioned above is great for desktop, as is the K3 if you want something a bit more discrete. I'd look at the iFi Hip-Dac of you want something portable.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

13 hours ago, startrek03 said:

I'll probably get slaughtered by a lot of audiophiles here, but I don't really think an additional amp is necessary for the DT770s. Especially not for the 80 Ohms version.

That’s what I was thinking, but for the sound to be at a comfortable level I need to have everything maxed out. I don’t know if it’s my hearing loss but I don’t have the headroom to increase the volume.

1 hour ago, HM-2 said:

Do you want portable or desktop? The Schiit stack mentioned above is great for desktop, as is the K3 if you want something a bit more discrete. I'd look at the iFi Hip-Dac of you want something portable.

Desktop, I’ll look into all of them. Thank you all so much ^^

I’m considering FiiO K5 PRO as it already has the toslink in and it’s a combo

3 hours ago, Cygi said:

I’m considering FiiO K5 PRO as it already has the toslink in and it’s a combo

It's a pretty solid setup very powerful and good sounding for the price the amp has the power to compete with $100 anps and the dac while not as good as the Zen dac is still pretty decent

I got the K5 Pro too for my Beyers and it's damn good! The sounds are immersive and my Amiron Home 250ohm can get very loud on gain 1 and volume knob not maxed.

It got the 6.35mm audiojack but the adapter is included for 3.5mm.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280