Ability to pin status updates, + more stuff related to pinning

wall03

I would like the ability to pin my own status updates on my profile, so if I have an announcement or something I want people to see, it can be at the top to easily access.

Also, being able to make private notes on a certain post would be nice.

Being able to privately pin posts, but only you can see the posts pinned.

@Pascal... says...

Also adding to that idea: It would be nice to be able to make your own Notes on someone's Profile, so for example being able to Note down certain details about the Person and their interests.

and I agree!

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

This is probably one of those suggestions that it's really up to the website devs to implement, and likely isnt something Mortis has control of. :/ 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

37 minutes ago, wall03 said:

I would like the ability to pin my own status updates on my profile, so if I have an announcement or something I want people to see, it can be at the top to easily access.

Maybe you could use your profile banner for that. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Also adding to that idea: It would be nice to be able to make your own Notes on someone's Profile, so for example being able to Note down certain details about the Person and their interests.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Make this like Twitter? Private notes i don't really get, why? You could have bookmark or another page outside of forums for those. Pinning others posts I also don't understand, why you would need such? I just bookmark if I need to refer some specific post.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Make this like Twitter? Private notes i don't really get, why? You could have bookmark or another page outside of forums for those. Pinning others posts I also don't understand, why you would need such? I just bookmark if I need to refer some specific post.

pin on your profile so others can see.

I would want people to see a status update of something of mine, like a build log from 2 months ago, etc

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

1 minute ago, wall03 said:

pin on your profile so others can see.

I would want people to see a status update of something of mine, like a build log from 2 months ago, etc

Your About me and/or signature not enough?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

Your About me and/or signature not enough?

it's just something I personally want.

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

8 minutes ago, wall03 said:

it's just something I personally want.

Yeah, I get that. But unless it's easy to do, your reasons are quite weak for it to ever happen. Unless ofc IPS decides those are worthy ideas.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

There are some improvements coming to status updates in the next update, although this is not one of them. Once that version is released, I will be looking to see what people think would further improve them, but the back end changes are pretty much feature frozen for now.

HTTP/2 203