Gigabyte 2070 Super Gaming OC 3X temperature

Go to solution Solved by hollyh88,
21 hours ago, HMark9 said:

Hello!

My Gigabyte 2070 Super Gaming OC 3X GPU operate at 77-78 degrees at maximum fan speed (2400 rpm), the clock is 1920 mhz under load.
So far, the maximum temperature has been 61-63 degrees, at lower fan speeds (1300-1500 rpm) under load.

I watched lot of reviews and the temp are max 70 degees at lower fan speeds. The card is bought in January.
The card is in a well-ventilated house with be quiet silent wings fans, the other componetns are in good temperature.

I have a Fractal Design Mesify C case with 2 140 be quiet silent wings fan at front and on top.

I think this is not normal, what do you think?

Sorry for my bad english, im from Hungary.

Thanks for the help.

i have the same card. overclocked by a basic 80+ on the core and 450 on the memory, it gets at most around 65-67c when gaming. and under a stress test maybe around 72 max. on very hot(30c ambient room temp) days around 77c on stress and 72 when gaming. 
your temps are PERFECTLY fine. it wont throttle until it hits 88 degrees if you slide the slider in msi afterburner all the way to the right. and i believe 83 without doing that. so dont worry.

temps are often different dependend on the case, mine has 4 intake fans 1 fan at the back its keeping everything perfectly cool. 

here is the temps directly after a benchmark pass with heaven. do keep in mind that i altered my fan curve to be a bit more extreme since its summer and sometimes rediculously hot here in the netherlands xD do the same for your card. monitor it and then screenshot the overlay just before the run is done. screenshot using shift + windows key + s.
 271334727_Annotation2020-07-31090004.png.38273e0bd396bebabd80bdd4c8b4856b.png

Hello!

My Gigabyte 2070 Super Gaming OC 3X GPU operate at 77-78 degrees at maximum fan speed (2400 rpm), the clock is 1920 mhz under load.
So far, the maximum temperature has been 61-63 degrees, at lower fan speeds (1300-1500 rpm) under load.

I watched lot of reviews and the temp are max 70 degees at lower fan speeds. The card is bought in January.
The card is in a well-ventilated house with be quiet silent wings fans, the other componetns are in good temperature.

I have a Fractal Design Mesify C case with 2 140 be quiet silent wings fan at front and on top.

Thanks for the help.

10 hours ago, HMark9 said:

what do you think?

they look fine. 

others getting different temps doesn't say anything really. they're fine.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

And the fan speeds are good to? I think my GPU is way too loud :/

34 minutes ago, HMark9 said:

And the fan speeds are good to? I think my GPU is way too loud :/

what games and what is your cpu?

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

In all games. My CPU is a ryzen 9 3900x with a be quiet dark rock pro 4 at max temp 60 degrees.

21 hours ago, HMark9 said:

Hello!

Thanks for the help.

i have the same card. overclocked by a basic 80+ on the core and 450 on the memory, it gets at most around 65-67c when gaming. and under a stress test maybe around 72 max. on very hot(30c ambient room temp) days around 77c on stress and 72 when gaming. 
your temps are PERFECTLY fine. it wont throttle until it hits 88 degrees if you slide the slider in msi afterburner all the way to the right. and i believe 83 without doing that. so dont worry.

temps are often different dependend on the case, mine has 4 intake fans 1 fan at the back its keeping everything perfectly cool. 

here is the temps directly after a benchmark pass with heaven. do keep in mind that i altered my fan curve to be a bit more extreme since its summer and sometimes rediculously hot here in the netherlands xD do the same for your card. monitor it and then screenshot the overlay just before the run is done. screenshot using shift + windows key + s.
 271334727_Annotation2020-07-31090004.png.38273e0bd396bebabd80bdd4c8b4856b.png

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

Thanks for the help :)

Then i don't worry about my card.