Has PUBG mobile ruined the Indian gaming community?(how can we revive it?)

VirusDumb

SOoOoO, PUBG mobile is the most popular android game in India. But Indian government is considering about banning the game along with 274 other chinese apps. So now is a very good time to discuss what led to it's rise and how it almost destroyed the gaming community of India.

What led to it's rise?

The most common thing people are blaming for it's rise is the pricing of gaming consoles and PC in India, and then the middle class community of India.

There were many families in India back in early 2010s who didn't own a PC, why you ask? See because middle class families divide their purchases into 2 parts needs and luxury, needs include things such as a phone, refrigerator, car etc(basically anything which has a purpose). And luxury included things which you can have but you can Survive without em like an air-conditioner, a Computer(in those time only few people owned a computer at home, because they didn't use it much and all the purpose of having an computer can be fulfilled in a cyber cafe).

And even if people had a computer it was usually a low end and used only once in a month for educational purposes. And gaming is seen as a waste of time by many Indian parents.

That was about the middle class and now about the pricing. See in India you can easily afford a smart phone capable of running PUBG easily around Rs 10,000 ($150) but building a PC which can run Pubg even at 720p will cost around Rs 30000($400) so it's costlier and average income of middle class families are usually around Rs 45000($600)(it may seem too low or high based on which state in India you're from). So obviously ur parents won't buy you a PC with that budget. But hold on, one of the negative effect of Pubg mobile on gaming community is the reversing of this.

So when pubg came out it was the first time many people got to enjoy a esport competitive game.(even tho there were Counter-strike tournament which weren't popular). 

How it ruined the gaming community?

Well by 2019 PUBG mobile was the biggest gaming community in India. Even Prime Minister Narendra Modi was also aware of the craze the game has spread. An event was organized where Modiji talked with different parents and students for the development of youth, a woman complained that his son spends all his day on mobile playing games, to this Modi's first reply was "yeh pubg Wala hai Kya?"("is this about Pubg?") Then he replied

"Online gaming is a kind of blessing, as well as a curse at the same time. If we try to keep our children away from such things, it would be like taking a step backward when we talk of a digital and advanced India."

So the effect of gaming community is? Downfall of console and pc gaming in India, even streamers who streamed COD and counter-strike stopped streaming those and streamed pubg mobile on emulators to gain more viewers.

As I told the pricing issue had been reversed, people started buying expensive phones costing 60k-80k Rs just to play PUBG mobile on high settings.

This things happened 

(Here it has been asked if given the 3 option which one would you like to game on)Screenshot_2020-07-28-13-08-19-20.jpg.f322fa116c2ccd9cf83561cb788a78f4.jpg

Things like this happened

And MEMEs like this came to existence

IMG_20200706_092427_182.jpg.8289758a1cfb37bbcf6423d92c2540ff.jpg

So how can we fix it?

Personally I don't want to judge what people are playing and which platform they are playing, but I just want them to stop spending ridiculous amount of money on it, and stop doing weird shit like this

https://www.timesnownews.com/mirror-now/crime/article/scolded-by-parents-for-playing-pubg-12-year-old-kills-self-in-punjab/583347

They're blaming the game and it's community for this things.

4 minutes ago, SeAsOn3 said:

So how can we fix it?

So, you're basically asking how to force people to like the things you like, instead of the things they like?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

This isn't a problem at all. Let people play what they want. Whether they want to move up to PC/Console or continue on Mobile, it's their choice and it doesn't effect anyone else.

Why do you care?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

ruined the gaming industry? i can't say

but it certainly expanded the gaming industry as more players have access to it

i feel like people nowadays have short attention span due to the amount of entertainment we have

coupled with people like the feeling of being better than someone else

what do you get? a competitive gameplay that lasts for a short amount of time (MOBA, FPS, Battle Royale)

it's no wonder why they are the most popular game genre nowadays

I personally don't like competitive gameplays, especially shooters. much prefer co-op games

because I don't like the feeling of losing, and therefore I don't want to inflict that feeling on other people as well

while i agree people wont just pick up a gun and shoot people in real life just because they do that in a game

they certainly will pick up bad attitudes and toxic behaviours from games, and competitive games are one of the most toxic environments.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Play Superior Gacha Games like Fate/Grand order, Fire emblem Heroes and Azure Lane.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

-> Moved to PC Gaming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm Indian myself am Indian and I would say that PUBGM hasn't ruined the gaming community. Instead of looking at the most popular streamers and youtubers look at people like Beast Boy Shub,Carryminati,Hindustan Gamer.etc  I would say the prices of gaming consoles and PCs haven't gone up since most electronics have and will be more expensive in India.

I don't understand what you mean by people not playing on PC or console anymore.People who used to play on these platforms will still be playing on these platforms and won't move to only play on mobile. Mostly people who didn't play games on any platform or didn't have the disposable income to spend on devices they will only use for gaming play PUBGM. PUBGM became popular because it didn't need any high end expensive hard-ware to play and it was free and high action. Almost everyone in India owns a phone so  a free game that was popular and was multiplayer became huge.

People spending large amounts of money on a game isn't indigenous to India and PUBG mobile. Kevin Lee Co of California embezzled 4.8 million from a company and spent it on Game Of War.Stephen Barnes from Texas spent close to 2 million dollars on Modern War. Crazy people are everywhere and a case of it on PUBGM doesn't mean it is spoiling the whole Indian gaming industry.

Let people enjoy what they want, man

@WereCatf @Trinopoty @Moonzy @Abhayy 

Nah bro you got it wrong, I just wanted to say that people are spending ridiculous amount of money on just a small mobile game, and if you go online and search for it, you can find teenagers committing sucide, killing people, and all those shit for not being able to play the game.

And people are blaming the whole gaming community, I actually made a mistake it's not the game which ruined the community, it's the toxic 12y.o. ish players.

A neighbor of mine actually made his parents buy him a OnePlus 6t(back when it was the latest phone From OnePlus) to play PUBG mobile at the age of 13.

And people are blaming the whole gaming industry for these

9 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

@WereCatf @Trinopoty @Moonzy @Abhayy 

Nah bro you got it wrong, I just wanted to say that people are spending ridiculous amount of money on just a small mobile game, and if you go online and search for it, you can find teenagers committing sucide, killing people, and all those shit for not being able to play the game.

And people are blaming the whole gaming community, I actually made a mistake it's not the game which ruined the community, it's the toxic 12y.o. ish players.

A neighbor of mine actually made his parents buy him a OnePlus 6t(back when it was the latest phone From OnePlus) to play PUBG mobile at the age of 13.

And people are blaming the whole gaming industry for these

People  like to spend money on things they enjoy,nothing is going  to stop them unless some kind of ban is enacted on PUBGM in India.  The suicides are by people getting addicted. Addictions can be caused by anything. I don't know where you heard this but people aren't blaming the gaming community,they are blaming either mobiles or Tencent.

Toxic 12y.o.s are there in the communities of all games,especially shooters like COD and PUBG,you can't do anything about it.

How does your neighbor buying a phone for his kid to play games make any difference from a  kid building a PC to play games on it? Just because he enjoys different games doesn't mean there's anything wrong with him.

2 minutes ago, Abhayy said:

blaming the gaming community,they are blaming either mobiles or Tencent.

They(people usually above the age of 45) are blaming every game out there.

12 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

They(people usually above the age of 45) are blaming every game out there.

Old people have always blamed the new and shiny thing. They blamed the radio, TV, movies, social media and now video games. It's nothing new.

The parents not being able to deal with their child's addiction is the real problem.

Indians Gaming Community is based on a mobile Game? Thats sad.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO