Can I run my PSU off this cable?

Duranson

I need a pretty long power supply cable, and I'm wondering if this would work? Would I have any issues? https://www.amazon.com/LISTED-Replacement-Plasma-Monitor-Printer/dp/B00G2O5Y0E

Also, I need a USB hub that I can plug my wireless mouse and keyboard dongles into, will I have any issues with lag or delay? I also will be plugging my USB mic into it, will I have any issues with reduced sound quality because of this, or no? I also plan on plugging my headphones in to recharge them, will it have any issues recharging them? https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Extension-Active-Repeater-Booster/dp/B00BWK9VZ2

And will I have any issues running a 2560x1440, 144hz, adaptive sync monitor with this cable? https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-DisplayPort-Feet-Resolution/dp/B06Y1QP9FV

And finally, can anyone find me an extended external PC power button that's 15 feet or longer? I haven't been able to find one.

Thank you!

You have too many things that can go wrong. Are you trying to hide your computer ?

Just now, Biomecanoid said:

You have too many things that can go wrong. Are you trying to hide your computer ?

What do you mean? My computer will be wall mounted and cables will be running through my wall, so my PC will be a few feet away from my desk.

31 minutes ago, Duranson said:

I need a pretty long power supply cable, and I'm wondering if this would work? Would I have any issues? https://www.amazon.com/LISTED-Replacement-Plasma-Monitor-Printer/dp/B00G2O5Y0E

For that length I would go with a 14AWG over the 18AWG power cable you linked,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UARC1I/ref=twister_B078FBYJGB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

3 minutes ago, Duranson said:

Okay, and you think that would work with a 15ft cable and 850w psu?

A 850 watt PSU can draw more than 10 amps so you'll definitely want a 14AWG cable because 18AWG is only rated for 10.  The USB and DP cables will work just fine, I use a similar active USB for home theater gaming and there's no noticeable lag.  For the external power switch you're probably going to have to make your own, you'll need a momentary push button switch.

1 minute ago, johnny5c said:

A 850 watt PSU can draw more than 10 amps so you'll definitely want a 14AWG cable because 18AWG is only rated for 10.  The USB and DP cables will work just fine, I use a similar active USB for home theater gaming and there's no noticeable lag.  For the external power switch you're probably going to have to make your own, you'll need a momentary push button switch.

Cool. Would I be safer going with a different power cable, or is this one ok?

2 minutes ago, Duranson said:

Cool. Would I be safer going with a different power cable, or is this one ok?

Look at the input amps on your PSU's sticker, if it's under 15 (My RM850 draws up to 12) a 14AWG cable will be just fine.

14 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

Look at the input amps on your PSU's sticker, if it's under 15 (My RM850 draws up to 12) a 14AWG cable will be just fine.

I'm going with an RM850x, will that be okay?

Just now, Duranson said:

I'm going with an RM850x, will that be okay?

Yep you're good.

3 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

Yep you're good.

Great, thank you. And you're sure that I won't experience any lag with a cable that long with both my mouse and keyboard dongles and my USB mic?

Hey everyone, I have a couple of questions.

First off, will this cable (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UARC1I) be able to power this power supply with no problems? (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/Power-Supply-Units-Advanced/RMx-Series/p/CP-9020180-NA)

My second question is if I will experience any noticeable lag when plugging my Logitech G613 keyboard dongle and G604 Mouse dongle into this USB hub (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BWK9VZ2).

And finally, what kind of power strip surge protector would I need to get for plugging in my two monitors with power bricks, my computer with the power supply and cord that I linked in my first question, and then my phone and headphone chargers?

Thanks!

1. Good to go, you don't need to care about power supply cables until looking at using the full capacity of 1200W+ PSU models, which no reasonable computer hardware is capable of.

2. Nope. But why do you need a 15 foot extender for wireless dongles?

3. One with a downstream equipment warranty and rated for more than 2000 Joules.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1.You can buy that cable without any problem.

2. YOU dont need a 15 foot extender.

3. IDK The answer. sorry wish i could help you.

THANK YOU:)

< Removed by moderator >

Edited by LogicalDrm

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Celeric07

14g is pretty darn thick.  Think you're good.

4 hours ago, CELERIC07 said:

1.You can buy that cable without any problem.

2. YOU dont need a 15 foot extender.

3. IDK The answer. sorry wish i could help you.

I actually do need a 15 foot extender, because I'm running cables through the wall to my PC.

Edited by LogicalDrm

1 minute ago, Duranson said:

I actually do need a 15 foot extender, because I'm running cables through the wall to my PC.

OHK then makes sense...

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Celeric07

23 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

1. Good to go, you don't need to care about power supply cables until looking at using the full capacity of 1200W+ PSU models, which no reasonable computer hardware is capable of.

2. Nope. But why do you need a 15 foot extender for wireless dongles?

3. One with a downstream equipment warranty and rated for more than 2000 Joules.

I need a 15 foot extender because my PC will be wallmounted 15 feet away from my desk, and I like my desk to be clutter-free, so I'm planning on plugging the dongles into the USB hub and then routing the cable through the wall, so the desk will be super clean.

Can you link me to a good surge protector that will do what you don't mentioned? And are you sure it's okay for me to have a 850w PSU PC, two monitors with power bricks, and two chargers going through one outlet?

4 hours ago, Duranson said:

I need a 15 foot extender because my PC will be wallmounted 15 feet away from my desk, and I like my desk to be clutter-free, so I'm planning on plugging the dongles into the USB hub and then routing the cable through the wall, so the desk will be super clean.

Can you link me to a good surge protector that will do what you don't mentioned? And are you sure it's okay for me to have a 850w PSU PC, two monitors with power bricks, and two chargers going through one outlet?

It is safe. I personally use 1 outlet for My router, TV Home theatre system and MY telephone...

Here goes YOUR SURGE PROTECTOR>>>

https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-8-Outlet-Power-Strip-Protector/dp/B000HPZ954/ref=sxin_9?ascsubtag=amzn1.osa.a15e858b-e07c-478c-a4f1-1b17f8cf269e.ATVPDKIKX0DER.en_US&creativeASIN=B000HPZ954&cv_ct_cx=surge+protector&cv_ct_id=amzn1.osa.a15e858b-e07c-478c-a4f1-1b17f8cf269e.ATVPDKIKX0DER.en_US&cv_ct_pg=search&cv_ct_wn=osp-single-source&dchild=1&keywords=surge+protector&linkCode=oas&pd_rd_i=B000HPZ954&pd_rd_r=7ed2cc46-514f-40ca-8b48-c291ec5b87c5&pd_rd_w=cVgPS&pd_rd_wg=FVJvr&pf_rd_p=08a788f8-ae54-4b96-9e48-f1e694ec6c4f&pf_rd_r=ZAEMJMZ7V3YWGD085EFW&qid=1596083860&sr=1-1-72d6bf18-a4db-4490-a794-9cd9552ac58d&tag=digitaltren0b-20   

OR

https://www.amazon.com/PHILIPS-Protector-Protection-Indicator-SPP3466WA/dp/B07Z5DZM31/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=surge+protector&qid=1596084031&sr=8-9   // YOU CAN CHOOSE COLOUR TO MATCH YOUR SETUP THEME>>>

https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-7-Outlet-Office-Protector-BE107200-06/dp/B000HPZ904/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=power+strip+surge+protector+2000+joules&qid=1596084207&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Protector-Telephone-Protection-BV107200-12/dp/B003YNTG46/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=power+strip+surge+protector+2000+joules&qid=1596084267&sr=8-7

I have linked belkin products because they are good.

Edited by LogicalDrm

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Celeric07

20 hours ago, Duranson said:

Great, thank you. And you're sure that I won't experience any lag with a cable that long with both my mouse and keyboard dongles and my USB mic?

I use only a mouse and kb on a slightly longer cable but it should have more than enough bandwidth for all 3.  Worse case scenario just get a second active extension.

34 minutes ago, Duranson said:

Couldn't you just plug the dongles into the computer? Without drilling a hole through your wall? Because they're wireless?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

5 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

Couldn't you just plug the dongles into the computer? Without drilling a hole through your wall? Because they're wireless?

Well, I have to drill the hole in my wall for other cables so I figured I would just run the USB hub through anyway because I need a USB hub for multiple things, not just the dongle. But do you have a link to a good surge protector that would work for my stuff?

3 minutes ago, Duranson said:

Well, I have to drill the hole in my wall for other cables so I figured I would just run the USB hub through anyway because I need a USB hub for multiple things, not just the dongle. But do you have a link to a good surge protector that would work for my stuff?

This or just walk into the nearest big box store, go to the electronics section, and grab anything from any brand with a vaguely recognizable name.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Laptop:

*** Threads merged ***

Please don't post multiple times about same subject.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv