1.45 volts at stock on 3400g?!

Hello! I have just built my first pc (r5 3400g and it's igpu for now) and I was working on overclocking but I realized that it is running at 1.45 at stock under load. I don't need to be gamers nexus to realize that that is very bad. I got that information from ryzen master, but when I went to the bios to set a voltage offset I could hardly get anything to fly. This then made me think that maybe it isn't running at 1.45v under load. I checked in aida64 and it averaged around 1.26v to 1.32v under load. So then that begs the question of who to trust? Does anyone have any ideas of why, and what software I can trust? Thank you!

Screenshot (3).png

1.45 is the burst for single core turbo. It won't stick for long and it's normal. No need to worry

AMD Master wasn't reporting it just for a second though, it stays all the way up for the entire stress test. At least that is what amd masters is saying. I think that I would trust aida64 because it is reporting normal voltages, but I just need a second opinion because I know that I should stay around 1.3 for the cpu and no higher than 1.2 for soc voltage. 

Screenshot (7).png

44 minutes ago, FishNuggets01 said:

AMD Master wasn't reporting it just for a second though, it stays all the way up for the entire stress test. At least that is what amd masters is saying. I think that I would trust aida64 because it is reporting normal voltages, but I just need a second opinion because I know that I should stay around 1.3 for the cpu and no higher than 1.2 for soc voltage.

What stress test were you running? Single or multi threaded?

Did you update the BIOS to the latest version? Are you running the latest Chipset driver version from amd.com? Did you change the power plan to Ryzen Balanced in Control Panel > Power?

Don't forget that despite its 3000 name the 3400G is not Zen 2, its built using 12nm FinFET so its actually a Zen+ CPU and a cursory Google says up to 1.375v is considered safe on air.

Its possible Ryzen Master is showing VID instead of VCore (not sure why it would though) but since I don't have access to a Zen + CPU I cannot do a comparison. When you installed Ryzen Master did you download the latest version? I ask because I have a different layout to you.

You still have nothing to worry about since your CPU is not hitting any of its power or thermal limits. Its not throttling due to overcurrent or overtemperature which means its not dangerously overvolted or you have a very beefy cooler that can handle it.

Did you mess with PBO at all? PBO will increase power & temperature targets/limits to make the CPU push itself to faster than it normally would.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I have not messed with the pbo, and for a stress test I have cinebench r20 looped on the multithreaded test. 

8 minutes ago, FishNuggets01 said:

I have not messed with the pbo, and for a stress test I have cinebench r20 looped on the multithreaded test. 

What about BIOS, Chipset drivers and power plan? There's a few posts on Reddit where 3400G owners are saying the CPU was pushing to much V until they enabled the Ryzen Balanced power profile.

To be safe you should install the latest chipset driver first then flash the BIOS. After the BIOS flash head into Control Panel (note it must be CP, Windows 10 settings doesn't allow you to switch power plans) then Power and check the Ryzen Balanced plan then click Apply.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)