ROG Phone 3 vs OnePlus 8 Pro

Harit Paurana

Hey guys, so I am planning to buy a phone but I'm confused between the OnePlus 8 Pro and the new ROG Phone 3... The air triggers have me inclined towards the ROG Phone but the ppi and the camera quality is better on the OP... I will be gaming quite a lot and watching content as well... But I also will be using it as a normal phone... So which one do yall suggest?

6 minutes ago, Harit Paurana said:

Hey guys, so I am planning to buy a phone but I'm confused between the OnePlus 8 Pro and the new ROG Phone 3... The air triggers have me inclined towards the ROG Phone but the ppi and the camera quality is better on the OP... I will be gaming quite a lot and watching content as well... But I also will be using it as a normal phone... So which one do yall suggest?

Honestly, you don't need a "gaming" phone to play games. I have played games just fine on a crappy $100 LG phone. I would say look for a phone that has a good camera, good build quality, and good specs rather than one that's geared toward gaming, because you don't need beefy hardware to play mobile games.

ROG PHONE 3. BEYOND DOUBT. BEST for GAMING AND ALSO WORKS FINE FOR OTHER THINGS.  I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE ROG PHONE BECAUSE YOU MAINLY PLAN TO PLAY GAMES. AND ROG PHONE 3'S CAMERA QUALITY IS FINE THOUGH IT IS NOT ON PAR WITH ONEPLUS 8 PRO. Otherwise just buy a phone which has decent hardware and camera. Because moblie  gaming doesnt require best hardware.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Celeric07

13 minutes ago, Harit Paurana said:

im gonna assume you live in indai. the rog phone 3 in india is not gonna be priced similar to the USA etc. the OP on the other hand is more focused on the indian market. however, with oneplus being chinese and all the other things about china and india, prices may hike soon and sales and production may stop. so pull the trigger soon on what youre gonna buy

you dont need a gaming phone to game. a OP8 can easily run games at high graphics and reasonable frame rates. the ROG Phone3 has its lows, like the camera n stuff, but its much better than its predeccessor, unless youre a professional mobile photographer (which i doubt exists), youll be satisfied with its camera.

just buy whatever is cheaper. if you want you could get physical phone triggers and attatch them to the OP 8

😕

31 minutes ago, Harit Paurana said:

To be honest i play lots of mobile games. But to be totally honest I feel that the OP 8 Pro is better for what you will be using it for on a day to day basis. It still has a high refresh rate display AND 10 bit color. Mobile SoCs have gotten to the point where they are so ridiculously fast it really doesn't matter. I'm rockin a LG V40 that I bought for $121 several months ago and the Snapdragon 845 in it has impressed me to no end with its performance.

1 hour ago, Dimondminer11 said:

To be honest i play lots of mobile games. But to be totally honest I feel that the OP 8 Pro is better for what you will be using it for on a day to day basis. It still has a high refresh rate display AND 10 bit color. Mobile SoCs have gotten to the point where they are so ridiculously fast it really doesn't matter. I'm rockin a LG V40 that I bought for $121 several months ago and the Snapdragon 845 in it has impressed me to no end with its performance.

Bro even ROG phone 3 has a 10 bit HDR right? I ain't quite good at claw while gaming so i thought the air triggers would be quite useful... I don't really care about the camera, but I do care about screen quality and colour and all that... Is there a HUGE difference between the screen quality of both?

On 7/29/2020 at 12:56 AM, Harit Paurana said:

Bro even ROG phone 3 has a 10 bit HDR right? I ain't quite good at claw while gaming so i thought the air triggers would be quite useful... I don't really care about the camera, but I do care about screen quality and colour and all that... Is there a HUGE difference between the screen quality of both?

I mean they are both OLED and I think the ROG phone also has a 10 bit panel. If you really want the uber high refresh rate experience then the ROG phone is fine I suppose. If you want you can even enable 165hz mode via the adb.