Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Case similar to the nzxt h510

I am looking for a case with good aesthetics and airflow (which looks similar to the nzxt h510) and a minimalist look for around $70-80. Any suggestions?

9 minutes ago, Scorpsk said:

I am looking for a case with good aesthetics and airflow (which looks similar to the nzxt h510) and a minimalist look for around $70-80. Any suggestions?

Is there a particular reason you don't want the NZXT H510? Also, do you want a black or white case? I know the H510 comes in both colors so I can't go off of that.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

5 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Is there a particular reason you don't want the NZXT H510? Also, do you want a black or white case? I know the H510 comes in both colors so I can't go off of that.

The H510 has absolutely terrible thermals, anybody building a PC in todays market should be going for a case with a mesh front panel for maximum airflow.

Main Desktop: CPU - I9-9900k @5ghz | Mobo - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX 2080ti OC RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 3200mhz | AIO - H100i Pro RGB | PSU - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME SSD / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Seagate 2TB Firecuda Hybrid Drive |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G - Deep Black 512GB |

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

I am looking for a white case and I have heard that the h510 has terrible airflow 

9 minutes ago, Scorpsk said:

I am looking for a white case and I have heard that the h510 has terrible airflow 

Please remember to quote others when responding otherwise they will not see your reply. Can you list your other specs for the build? So I can make sure the cases I recommend support the parts you'll be putting in it.

Main Desktop: CPU - I9-9900k @5ghz | Mobo - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX 2080ti OC RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 3200mhz | AIO - H100i Pro RGB | PSU - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME SSD / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Seagate 2TB Firecuda Hybrid Drive |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Please remember to quote others when responding otherwise they will not see your reply. Can you list your other specs for the build? So I can make sure the cases I recommend support the parts you'll be putting in it.

@Scorpsk made a post here showing the planned specs of the computer: 

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

6 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

@SpookyCitrus

Lian Li Lancool 205, Phanteks P300A (it does kinda have a sloped front though) or CM NR600.

I think it was Gamers Nexus who did a video on the H510 and they found it isn't actually that bad. Perhaps if you're hyper focused on performance, get a mesh case but honestly I prefer the aesthetics of H510.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

MacBook Pro 13" (2018) | ThinkPad x230 | iPad Air 2     

~(˘▾˘~)   (~˘▾˘)~

1 hour ago, Soppro said:

Lian Li Lancool 205, Phanteks P300A (it does kinda have a sloped front though) or CM NR600.

I think it was Gamers Nexus who did a video on the H510 and they found it isn't actually that bad. Perhaps if you're hyper focused on performance, get a mesh case but honestly I prefer the aesthetics of H510.

@Soppro Yeah I found mixed reviews on the h510 and it's super confusing because I don't know what to believe, I do like the aesthetics of the h510 and I don't believe I am going to be seriously overclocking. Thanks for the help though :)

56 minutes ago, Scorpsk said:

@Soppro Yeah I found mixed reviews on the h510 and it's super confusing because I don't know what to believe, I do like the aesthetics of the h510 and I don't believe I am going to be seriously overclocking. Thanks for the help though :)

I basically said a similar thing in another post but I have a h500 (which is basically the same as the h510 I believe, might be wrong) with an overclocked 2700x, gtx1080 and rx570, system never throttles or anything of the sort, playing some heavy titles under 100% load my 1080 will hit 78-80c but that's it, don't do anything heavy on the rx570 but it idles at 40c. CPU barely goes past 65c under full load (I do have a bit of a beefy cooler though). Dust is really the only "problem", gets a bit more dust build up than other cases but its not like a daily clean, I personally do it every 1-2 months (should probably do it more lol). I mainly wanted it cos I really like the aesthetics :P. I have installed some extra fans, (all Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3, 2x 140mm intake, 1x 140mm + 1x 120mm outtake) intake ones did improve CPU thermals but not by much, but I got some for aesthetics as well, front looked to empty lol.

Main System: Ryzen 7 2700x | Asus Strix B450-F | 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz CL14 | GTX 1080 | GTX 1060 6GB (VMs) | Manjaro 20.2

Server: Intel i5 7500 | H270 Gaming 3 | 24GB DDR4 2133Mhz | Ubuntu 20.04

Laptop: Intel i5 4200u | 12GB DDR3 1333Mhz | GT 740m | Pop!_OS 20.04

Mobile: Poco X3 | 128GB  //  iPad 5th Gen | 128GB 

3 hours ago, Scorpsk said:

Thermals are "Okay" recommendable for a mid ranged build (R5 3600/10600K and 1660ti/5600xt) with room for some overclocking, but serious overclockers, people who want to use higher end hardware or those concerned with temps should probably look elsewhere. Most consider 80ºC on their GPU to be too hot (though it's perfectly fine for their GPU and within it's operation range)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25