Upgrading Graphics card leads to black screen

Looking for some expert guidance from all you clowns on the internet... :) 

I am trying to upgrade my GPU from an Asus Radeon R9 270X to an Asus Geforce RTX 2060, but when I remove the old card and replace it with the new card, I get no signal to my monitor. I'm connected to my monitor via HDMI in both instances. The new card seems to have power, as the LEDs are lit up and the fans spin, and my computer POSTs, boots up Windows fine (I have an small LED screen on my keyboard with an RSS news feed that updates via the Logitech app in Windows), but no signal. I've tried running the new card in both PCI slots, running over mobo graphics, and pre-installing the new drivers, and nothing seems to work except for the old card, even with the old AMD drivers cleanly deleted. I have yet to attempt booting up with both cards inserted as I don't have enough PCIe cables for my PSU (which is the only other troubleshoot I've seen scouring the various forums). Asus tech support was unhelpful--they just recommended I RMA the card. I tried all the steps in their Troubleshooting guide for black screen issues, but it was not resolved. I just ordered a DVI cable and a DisplayPort cable to see if might resolve the issue. Have also tried multiple HDMI cables to see if that was the issue. It wasn't.

The new card seems fine--no signs of any damage in shipping. I did see a reviewer on Newegg state that he/she received the same card DOA. But, mine lights up! 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming x570-plus

RAM: GSkill Ripjaws DDR4 3200 x 32Gb

PSU: Rosewill 550W (unsure of the exact model)

GPU Drivers: AMD Radeon drivers, updated, then fully removed via AMD cleanup tool, then DDU. Attempted to pre-install Nvidia drivers from disk in safe mode/no networking before installing new card

Sheesh, man... I've been building computers since the late 90s. I never remember it being so hard! Are parts becoming more complex? ...am I just getting dumber?!

2 minutes ago, Rogerzz said:

Cards probably dead.

Just curious, what makes you conclude that it's dead? The fans are spinning, the power LED and RGB LEDs all light up. 

25 minutes ago, Rogerzz said:

If the PSU was cheap I wager it could be that. 550W is a tad low for 3700X system. Try clearing CMOS.

Ok I'll look into a beefier power supply, but PCPartPicker rated my system at 424W, which, divided by .80, is still under 550W. Granted, it's an older PSU, but I haven't had any problems with my old overclocked R9 270X in the same system, which was a fairly power hungry card when I got it, as I recall...

Clearing the CMOS kinda scares me, I want to save that as a last resort. 

Do you think trying different video cables is going to make a difference? I'm just trying to prioritize my spending here...

Btw, greatly appreciate your guidance here! 

Ok thanks for all the input. I'll work with Newegg on an RMA and see where it goes from there... Much obliged, Rogerzz!