My CPU is underperforming (I think) all the sudden.

Here are my specs: 2080m super and AMD Ryzen 3700x 3600MHz Cl 16 ram

So a little background on what maybe the problem. I was messing around in Ryzen Master and switched one of the options for auto overclocking to normal. When I noticed my FPS on siege went way down at 1440p max settings from 160 down to 110s-130s I put the overclocking back on. But it didn’t really fix the issue. It performs better now (130s-140s) but it was better performing before than all this happened (150s-160s).  My time spy (3Dmark) overall scores before all this is this: 11,304 for overall, and 11,631 for a GPU score and 9,753 for a CPU score. My current score after this happened on 3Dmark is 10,911 for overall, a graphics score of 11,443 and a CPU score of 8,368 (1000+ plus less of a score so I think the CPU is the issue). I have XMP enabled.

no_photo.png
ReplyForward

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

Please.

You can try and reset the BIOS and MSI afterburner.

I just use userbenchmark for showing specs

Just now, Windows7ge said:

What is the refresh rate of your monitor?

2 minutes ago, fosternoh2 said:

If you said 60 or 120 I was going to say weather we fix it or not you won't see a difference but it seems you will.

Does Ryzen master have a reset option? You can check your BIOS and see if any setting were stuck. Then as BlueScope819 said you could reset your BIOS.

If the GPU clock was affected you could reset that as well or manually reinstate a overclock on it.

3 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

If you said 60 or 120 I was going to say weather we fix it or not you won't see a difference but it seems you will.

Does Ryzen master have a reset option? You can check your BIOS and see if any setting were stuck. Then as BlueScope819 said you could reset your BIOS.

If the GPU clock was affected you could reset that as well or manually reinstate a overclock on it.

I think im going to have a computer expert I know look at it. Idk if I feel comfortable resetting anything

1 minute ago, fosternoh2 said:

I think im going to have a computer expert I know look at it. Idk if I feel comfortable resetting anything

If there's one thing I've learned over the years it's not to push buttons when you don't know what they do.

I've also learned to have throw-away installs of my OS so it doesn't matter if I break something when pushing said buttons anyways. :3

Well what frequencies are you hitting while gaming now?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 hour ago, Mister Woof said:

Well what frequencies are you hitting while gaming now?

wdym by frequencies?

6 minutes ago, fosternoh2 said:

wdym by frequencies?

mhz

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x