Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Asus rog strix b550-f gaming mother board not turning on

Just put a system together ryzen 3700x, evga supernova p2 1000,coraisr ddr 4 3600. When we plug it in the mother board is lighting up but when we press power nothing happens 

15957523679538983855997388135679.jpg

have you connected speaker, are you getting some beep code sound?

ok but you know that for that you need to connect speaker right? You cant get beep code if you havnet connected litle speaker that comes with motherboard.

20 minutes ago, GlizzyMcGuire420 said:

I can't find that speaker it comes with the mother board? 

This model of motherboard doesn’t come with a speaker. It does I think have a LED indicator on the board that indicates which area is causing the problem, page 24 ish of the manual covers it. There are four LEDs that will tell you if it’s the CPU, GPU or memory causing the issue.

The LED indicators weren't coming on, this wasn't my build was helping a friend but we didn't end up getting it working. Some dumb questions.

1) He took his psu from a old PC that's 6 years old, it still works as we we're just using it on his old rig. It's 1000watts as long as we have the wattage do all PSU's work? 

2) He was having a hard time knowing where to connect the LED front lights and power button etc 

None of the fans ever spun or nothing, you can see in the picture we are getting some RGB on the motherboard so i hope that means it's working?

• 4 months later...
On 7/26/2020 at 3:33 AM, GlizzyMcGuire420 said:

The LED indicators weren't coming on, this wasn't my build was helping a friend but we didn't end up getting it working. Some dumb questions.

1) He took his psu from a old PC that's 6 years old, it still works as we we're just using it on his old rig. It's 1000watts as long as we have the wattage do all PSU's work? 

2) He was having a hard time knowing where to connect the LED front lights and power button etc 

None of the fans ever spun or nothing, you can see in the picture we are getting some RGB on the motherboard so i hope that means it's working?

Did you find out what the problem was? I got exactly the same problem.. RGB lights come on when I turn on the PSU, but then nothing happens when I short the power jumper, no fans spin, no qleds light up, no beep. I checked the power supply using a multimeter and all the voltages are correct. I removed the RAM and GFX card, no difference.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 5:14 AM, pauldwq said:

Did you find out what the problem was? I got exactly the same problem.. RGB lights come on when I turn on the PSU, but then nothing happens when I short the power jumper, no fans spin, no qleds light up, no beep. I checked the power supply using a multimeter and all the voltages are correct. I removed the RAM and GFX card, no difference.

I have this exact issue with my B550-e 

did you managed to solve? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 6:09 PM, Joe1990 said:

I have this exact issue with my B550-e 

did you managed to solve? 

I had exactly the same issue right now with strix B550-e.

What fixed it for me was reseating all the power connections and fans, seems to be a 12V contact problem....

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem wont turn on at all. also tried to take the connectors out and then in again and that does not work.
Asus rog strix b550-f gaming.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 8:45 PM, B1ueTera said:

I have the same problem wont turn on at all. also tried to take the connectors out and then in again and that does not work.
Asus rog strix b550-f gaming.

I have the same board, same issue, this is the replacement I got from Amazon when the first one did the same! Did you ever figure anything out ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just put mine all together today and same thing. I was super excited...

B550-F 

Ryzen 5600X

Gigabyte P750GM PSU

Gigabyte 3070 OC

No boot, no post, nothing. Just the RGB lights on the motherboard.

Just built a system myself with this mobo and am having very similar issues. System did work fine, then I ran Asuite and tested the fans, the system locked up and since then I have not been able to get a display to come on. RGB lights are on, fans are spinning etc

On 3/5/2021 at 1:08 AM, Fells said:

Just put mine all together today and same thing. I was super excited...

B550-F 

Ryzen 5600X

Gigabyte P750GM PSU

Gigabyte 3070 OC

No boot, no post, nothing. Just the RGB lights on the motherboard.

Exactly the same. New build after 6-7 years.

B550-F gaming (no WiFi)

Ryzen 5600X

Corsair RM650i

Gigabyte 1060 6GB GPU (as a placeholder, it worked amazingly in previous rig)

P400A case, front panel IO seems a bit weird, not sure if i correctly connected it, even after staring at the manual for an hour. That would most likely explain why no LEDs.

Please.... If anyone has a solution... POST IT HERE!!

2 minutes ago, Mr.Chicken said:

Exactly the same. New build after 6-7 years.

B550-F gaming (no WiFi)

Ryzen 5600X

Corsair RM650i

Gigabyte 1060 6GB GPU (as a placeholder, it worked amazingly in previous rig)

P400A case, front panel IO seems a bit weird, not sure if i correctly connected it, even after staring at the manual for an hour. That would most likely explain why no LEDs.

Please.... If anyone has a solution... POST IT HERE!!

Update bios and make a new thread?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

Project Hot Box

CPU Ryzen 7 5800x, Motherboard MSI MPG B550I Gaming Edge Wifi, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz (2x16), GPU AMD Raedon 6800 XT FE, Case Silverstone RVZ03B, Storage CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR sf600, Cooling Noctua NH-L12S, Displays LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch, 32 inch curved that I can't find the model number for right now; UPerfect 7 inch LCD Aida64 Display, Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2020+ USB Mic, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Schiit Magni, Modi Loki mini stack. 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPU Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, MSI 1070 Gaming X 8gb, Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, 5x Seagate IronWolf 8tb NAS(ZFS1), PSU Corsair RM1000x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans, OS Unraid

Why is the 5800x so hot?

5 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

Update bios and make a new thread?

I paid extra for the retailer to do it for me (i didn't know mobo has the usb bios feature)

I'll try it now, also, when you said "new thread" you mean like chat thread right?

i'm having the same problem b550-f with ryzen 9 5900x.   coolermaster 1000w silent pro gold psu (RS-800-80GA-D3) , corsair vengeance rgb pro 3600mhz ddr4 2x16gb ram, no video card yet just need to test onboard graphics first.

11 hours ago, bumpersignal said:

i'm having the same problem b550-f with ryzen 9 5900x.   coolermaster 1000w silent pro gold psu (RS-800-80GA-D3) , corsair vengeance rgb pro 3600mhz ddr4 2x16gb ram, no video card yet just need to test onboard graphics first.

fwiw, i updated to the latest bios 'RB550FGW.cap' still same thing

31 minutes ago, bumpersignal said:

fwiw, i updated to the latest bios 'RB550FGW.cap' still same thing

ok i realized my problem.  I was trying to test it using just onboard video because the IO plate has a Displayport and an hdmi, i erroneously assumed that there is some sort of integrated on board video chipset but there ISNT.   It relies on the cpu having integrated video and apparently only the ryzen PRO cpus have integrated video.  As soon as I put my RTX3080 in, it worked.  To clarify I did test with my RTX3080 in it PRIOR to updating bios but it didnt work then either.  It was a combo of having to update the BIOS AND putting the GPU back in after.

• 3 weeks later...

SOLVED! 

Hi Guys! Same problem here, I finally solve the problem after 3 days trying everything!  My problem was with an Asus Strix B550E-GAMING and a Ryzen 5600X, and I think the problem appears always with the new AMD processors cause the BIOS version. You need to update the BIOS, is the first step to do but WAIT, YOU NEED TO USE A FUNCTIONAL PROCESSOR TO DO IT ... mandatory .... Flash Update Utility doesn't work in this case.

So, You need to get a Ryzen 2000 series or 3000 series (I used a Ryzen 5 2600) and update the BIOS version, you don't need any boot device or disk drive, only the USB drive with the BIOS file and if your functional Ryzen processor doesn't have integral graphics (My case), YOU WILL NEED MANDATORY A GRAPHICS CARD TOO. The system will restart like 3 times showing the message "Updating BIOS version" and finally It will be enter to the Setup (Configuration) BIOS page. And that's all !

Now you can put again your 4000 or 5000 series Ryzen and enjoy! The first start with the new processor take some long time, and be sure to get all the pins of the processor clean, I had some thermal paste in the pins and It was a pain on the neck!

Best regards guys!