Did I dream of this case fan?

Katnip

Hello!

I think I might be going a little crazy. Today I've been sat looking at my rig and finally decided to make the jump to change out the cooling. Currently got a few cheap case fans and the stock Wraith cooler. Whilst browsing the various options for the case fans I remember a video from one of the usual You Tuber's (Kyle I think) that I saw a while back, and thought that those fans would be perfect.

Only problem is I can't seem to find that video anymore, or seem to even remember what the name of the company that made them.

So, putting this out to you guys to see if it jogs any memories.

The fans were essentially one giant unit - 2 fans joined together in one string, essentially like a GPU shroud. With only one set of cables for the both of them and RGB along the edge of the shroud. Also seem to recall that they also had a triple fan variant available as well.

Was I dreaming of this, or is it actually a thing? It almost sounds too good to be true - a triple fan set up with a RGB light strip all in one piece and with far less wires to deal with to make cable management a heck of a lot easier to deal with.

3 minutes ago, Katnip said:

Hello!

I think I might be going a little crazy. Today I've been sat looking at my rig and finally decided to make the jump to change out the cooling. Currently got a few cheap case fans and the stock Wraith cooler. Whilst browsing the various options for the case fans I remember a video from one of the usual You Tuber's (Kyle I think) that I saw a while back, and thought that those fans would be perfect.

Only problem is I can't seem to find that video anymore, or seem to even remember what the name of the company that made them.

So, putting this out to you guys to see if it jogs any memories.

The fans were essentially one giant unit - 2 fans joined together in one string, essentially like a GPU shroud. With only one set of cables for the both of them and RGB along the edge of the shroud. Also seem to recall that they also had a triple fan variant available as well.

Was I dreaming of this, or is it actually a thing? It almost sounds too good to be true - a triple fan set up with a RGB light strip all in one piece and with far less wires to deal with to make cable management a heck of a lot easier to deal with.

I also remember that-- might have been a concept model or something? Not sure whether I've seen it in a build.

3 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

I also remember that-- might have been a concept model or something? Not sure whether I've seen it in a build.

Would be a shame if it was - do you have any idea of what the company was called? Can't remember the exact name, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a small time company. The only thing my google-fu has found is something by Antec, but it's nowhere near what it was.

There are a few companies that make daisy chainable fans, I think corsair do some, and for definite inwin polaris fans as I have a couple.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

These are the ones I have, and I love the translucent rings that light up in my case.

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

2 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

There are a few companies that make daisy chainable fans, I think corsair do some, and for definite inwin polaris fans as I have a couple.

Daisychain! That's the word that I was trying to bloody remember when hitting google with random searches! It's not what I am currently after, altough it is a good solution to my problem, but it might just help with the searching. Thank you :D

1 minute ago, Katnip said:

Daisychain! That's the word that I was trying to bloody remember when hitting google with random searches! It's not what I am currently after, altough it is a good solution to my problem, but it might just help with the searching. Thank you :D

No worries. I just wish there was a standard that they all used for aRGB, instead of this mess with having to choose which company to go with, and their proprietary connectors and controllers. That's one reason I decided on the ones I did, because of the mess with aRGB... I'll probably just wait a while before I update mine and then decide on who to go with, unless they all decide a standard... but unlikely.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

On 7/25/2020 at 5:47 PM, Katnip said:

I remember seeing such co-joined fans included with AIOs, I think it was coolermaster. They didn't have leds tho.
-later-
I looked it up, I didn't see any coolermasters in my store with such fans. Nor raijintek. I have no idea what brand it was, but I'm 80% sure it was an AIO.

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II

9 hours ago, 00RaZoR11 said:

I remember seeing such co-joined fans included with AIOs, I think it was coolermaster. They didn't have leds tho.
-later-
I looked it up, I didn't see any coolermasters in my store with such fans. Nor raijintek. I have no idea what brand it was, but I'm 80% sure it was an AIO.

I remember Cooler Master did have daisy-chained fans.

Don't remember who...but I think it was Hardware Canucks or Bitwit (Kyle) that did a video on them.

Here we go!

240mm and 360mm (2x or 3x fans).

I *thought* they had regular RGB versions as well...but only found the ARGB variant on their site.

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/case-fan/masterfan-sf240r-argb/

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/case-fan/masterfan-sf360r-argb/

EDIT: It was Paul from Paul's Hardware.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

On 7/28/2020 at 8:05 PM, -rascal- said:

I remember Cooler Master did have daisy-chained fans.

Don't remember who...but I think it was Hardware Canucks or Bitwit (Kyle) that did a video on them.

Here we go!

240mm and 360mm (2x or 3x fans).

I *thought* they had regular RGB versions as well...but only found the ARGB variant on their site.

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/case-fan/masterfan-sf240r-argb/

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/case-fan/masterfan-sf360r-argb/

EDIT: It was Paul from Paul's Hardware.

damn nice find. So i was kinda right but wrong but right lol. Could you buy some?

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II

6 hours ago, 00RaZoR11 said:

damn nice find. So i was kinda right but wrong but right lol. Could you buy some?

It looks like Amazon / NewEgg carries them.

If you're in Canada, Memory Express, too.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>