Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is 3Dmark (timespy) a good benchmarking software?

I have a 2080 super and AMD Ryzen 3700x. I got an 11,598 for my GPU score and 9,799 for my CPU. Is this trustworthy, and does the results show my system is working properly? I got in the 91st percentile it said but idk how trustworthy that is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i mean, many and most pc overclockers use 3Dmark. So i would assume that it is pretty trustworthy

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fosternoh2 said:

I have a 2080 super and AMD Ryzen 3700x. I got an 11,598 for my GPU score and 9,799 for my CPU. Is this trustworthy, and does the results show my system is working properly? I got in the 91st percentile it said but idk how trustworthy that is.

Yes, 3DMark TimeSpy is a good benchmark.

Here are the results of other users running TimeSpy (not Extreme) on a 3700X and a single 2080 Super: https://www.3dmark.com/search#/?mode=advanced&url=/proxycon/ajax/search2/cpugpu/spy/P/2479/1290/500000?minScore=0&cpuName=AMD Ryzen 7 3700X&gpuName=NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER&gpuCount=1

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, minibois said:

Yes, 3DMark TimeSpy is a good benchmark.

Here are the results of other users running TimeSpy (not Extreme) on a 3700X and a single 2080 Super: https://www.3dmark.com/search#/?mode=advanced&url=/proxycon/ajax/search2/cpugpu/spy/P/2479/1290/500000?minScore=0&cpuName=AMD Ryzen 7 3700X&gpuName=NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER&gpuCount=1

why do people get higher scores than my CPU in that link?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fosternoh2 said:

why do people get higher scores than my CPU in that link?

because they overclock with liquid nitrogen

@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fosternoh2 said:

why do people get higher scores than my CPU in that link?

Do you have your CPU overclocked?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, minibois said:

Do you have your CPU overclocked?

no

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BlueScope819 said:

because they overclock with liquid nitrogen

oh ok thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fosternoh2 said:

no

People in the top 100 or even top 1000 of 3DMark will have overclocked parts (both CPU and GPU).

If I use the advanced search and set the filter to about here:

image.png.89e1dd85cf689ca9de897160c0d586bb.png

https://www.3dmark.com/newsearch#advanced?test=spy P&cpuId=2479&gpuId=1290&gpuCount=1&deviceType=ALL&memoryChannels=0&country=&scoreType=overallScore&hofMode=false&showInvalidResults=false&freeParams=&max=11250

 

You will see a lot of people get about 10K CPU score.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, minibois said:

People in the top 100 or even top 1000 of 3DMark will have overclocked parts (both CPU and GPU).

If I use the advanced search and set the filter to about here:

image.png.89e1dd85cf689ca9de897160c0d586bb.png

https://www.3dmark.com/newsearch#advanced?test=spy P&cpuId=2479&gpuId=1290&gpuCount=1&deviceType=ALL&memoryChannels=0&country=&scoreType=overallScore&hofMode=false&showInvalidResults=false&freeParams=&max=11250

 

You will see a lot of people get about 10K CPU score.

ah ok  thank you. Is my CPU and GPU score good though?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fosternoh2 said:

ah ok  thank you. Is my CPU and GPU score good though?

For non-overclocked parts, it's a good score.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, minibois said:

For non-overclocked parts, it's a good score.

ok thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×