I BUMPED MY PC AND NOW IT WONT POST!!!

So I turned on my pc to fill up some online forms then I grabbed my chair and accidental bumped my pc which was on the floor and then it froze and won't nu freez . This has happened before a couple of times but usually I just restart my pc and it was all well and good, but this time it won't post . I've tried a lot of troubleshooting like reconnecting the SSD and HDD taking out the motherboard battery cleaning it and reinstalling it taking out the graphics card , the ram , reinstalling the processor nothing works.

I would appreciate any king of help coz I don't have anything else other than my pc in this Quarantine.

My PC specs are :-

i7 7700k

16 gigs ram

Asus H270 motherboard (I know I have a K processor and not a Z motherboard)

16 gigs of ram

120gig SSD 

1tb HDD

**"SEND HELP***

You also reconnected each and every cable inside the PC?

Disconnect the cables carefully, and then firmly reconnect them, both on the psu side and the motherboard side. Probably some 8 pin cable is in loosely, so it looks like it is in, but it is not clicked in place.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Have you checked that no power cables are broken? E.G 24 Pin, PCIE power or the main power inlet. Also does the pc show any sign of life?

Specs:

Spoiler

Desktop:

RYZEN 7 2700X

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

Gigabyte RTX 2060 6G OC

MASTERWATT 750

FRACTAL FOCUS G

KINGSTON A400 480

Bad Laptop:

1st gen mobile i5

Integrated Graphics

350GB HDD

8GB Maxed Out

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard: Old Sony Mechanical Keyboard

Mouse: Wacom Intuos 3 (2009)

Speakers: Old sony speakers w/ integrated headphone amp

I try my best.

I used to bump my PC a lot too. But, it's usually the is either the 24pin, 4pin cpu, or the graphics card slot

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

3 minutes ago, Theo Temp said:

Have you checked that no power cables are broken? E.G 24 Pin, PCIE power or the main power inlet. Also does the pc show any sign of life?

Yes all the fans including the CPU fan and the RGB lights work but no post, it doesn't look like the 24 pin is broken and the wires also looks fine

8 minutes ago, _ADI_ said:

This has happened before a couple of times

All of the above and: put your PC in a safe, bump-free environment. Be kind to it. It will be gratefull.

Do you have any way of knowing what POST stage the motherboard is in. Some motherboards have numbers and some have LEDs

Specs:

Spoiler

Desktop:

RYZEN 7 2700X

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

Gigabyte RTX 2060 6G OC

MASTERWATT 750

FRACTAL FOCUS G

KINGSTON A400 480

Bad Laptop:

1st gen mobile i5

Integrated Graphics

350GB HDD

8GB Maxed Out

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard: Old Sony Mechanical Keyboard

Mouse: Wacom Intuos 3 (2009)

Speakers: Old sony speakers w/ integrated headphone amp

I try my best.

Do a post diagnostic and run the machine with only a single ram stick and the cpu. disconnect everything else. Take it to minimal hardware and see if it posts that way

7 minutes ago, Korben said:

All of the above and: put your PC in a safe, bump-free environment. Be kind to it. It will be gratefull.

Man!!! Best Answer Ever

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

1 hour ago, TT888 said:

Do you have any way of knowing what POST stage the motherboard is in. Some motherboards have numbers and some have LEDs

I have no idea

I did this yesterday when cleaning the tempered glass side panel.

8pin motherboard was not 'clicked' in.

Quick, firm push and all gucci.

Make sure its not a layer 1 issue :P

1 hour ago, Origami Cactus said:

Disconnect the cables carefully, and then firmly reconnect them, both on the psu side and the motherboard side. Probably some 8 pin cable is in loosely, so it looks like it is in, but it is not clicked in place.

SETUP:

• Ryzen 9 3900XT @ 4.3 all core (peak core voltage 1.3)  (water)
  • 2x8GB TeamGroup 8Pack Ripped Edition 3600mhz CL14
  • RTX 2080ti OCd @ +150 core, +1000 memory (water)
  • Aorus B550 Elite (rev1)

Personal Bests:

• Cinebench R15: 1785  1883 (Aug 2020)
  • Cinebench R20: 4136  4243 7125 7550 (Feb 2021)
  • 3DMark/Time Spy: 10,238 13,106 13,993 14,149 15,295 (Feb 2021)

Build Log: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1314971-the-ultimate-noctua-pc-15-fans-custom-loop-case-mods/

1 hour ago, emosun said:

Do a post diagnostic and run the machine with only a single ram stick and the cpu. disconnect everything else. Take it to minimal hardware and see if it posts that way

Ya just tried that and it didn't post 😢

1 hour ago, Origami Cactus said:

I took out every peace of hardware and reconnected every wire firmly and still the same problem

41 minutes ago, _ADI_ said:

Is my motherboard dead??

try taking the board out of the case and run it on a box , and make sure you are restting the bios correctly. Also make sure to take the battery out on unplug the board from power and leave it for 20 minutes

6 hours ago, emosun said:

try taking the board out of the case and run it on a box , and make sure you are restting the bios correctly. Also make sure to take the battery out on unplug the board from power and leave it for 20 minutes

I've tried that for the 3rd time now , first with only one ram stick CPU and SSD (which had the windows) guess what it didn't work. Then without the SSD and then again with every hdd ram and the SSD installed, I guess at this point I need to send it for repair 😢

11 minutes ago, _ADI_ said:

I've tried that for the 3rd time now , first with only one ram stick CPU and SSD (which had the windows) guess what it didn't work. Then without the SSD and then again with every hdd ram and the SSD installed, I guess at this point I need to send it for repair 😢

Inspect the board for faulty solder joints, you might as well take your time since quarantine and everything. If I press too hard on certain spots on my laptop the screen goes corrupt and I have to reboot, maybe your board is just being dumb like that.

Another thing to consider is that a PSU can also cause these sorts of problems.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

I've just noticed a little bend on motherboard so could it be because of that?? http://imgur.com/a/DudJHk1 . It's not that visible in the picture but it is a little bended.

14 hours ago, TheJooomes said:

Inspect the board for faulty solder joints, you might as well take your time since quarantine and everything. If I press too hard on certain spots on my laptop the screen goes corrupt and I have to reboot, maybe your board is just being dumb like that.

Another thing to consider is that a PSU can also cause these sorts of problems.

Forgot to quote you on the last one

23 hours ago, _ADI_ said:

Yes all the fans including the CPU fan and the RGB lights work but no post, it doesn't look like the 24 pin is broken and the wires also looks fine

you mentioned checking the 24 pin connector but not the 4 pin connector that connects to the motherboard on the top left of the cpu.

Make sure to connect it the right way and hear a click when you do. This is the connector for powering the cpu.

Your cpu fan and led's get powered from the motherboard through the 24 pin connector so even though your fan is running doesnt mean your cpu is working.

3 hours ago, TekSupport said:

you mentioned checking the 24 pin connector but not the 4 pin connector that connects to the motherboard on the top left of the cpu.

Make sure to connect it the right way and hear a click when you do. This is the connector for powering the cpu.

Your cpu fan and led's get powered from the motherboard through the 24 pin connector so even though your fan is running doesnt mean your cpu is working.

Yes I did, mine has an 8 pin and a 24 pin and I did check those multiple times, seems like my motherboard is done.

I wanna cry 😭

Ok, so I  called a technician and he took a look at the system and asked me what troubleshooting have I done, I told him everything that I did. Then he took out the ram stick and put it in a different slot and pushed the power button and then IT FUCKING POSTED . I can't believe that it didn't cross my mind to install the Fuking RAM stick on a different slot and now I have to pay this guy for doing this. 

But at the end of the day I'm happy that my PC is now up and running.

Thanks to each and every one of you for suggesting solutions even if it didn't work it gave me hope that it will so thanks a lot. 😬

2 hours ago, _ADI_ said:

Ok, so I  called a technician and he took a look at the system and asked me what troubleshooting have I done, I told him everything that I did. Then he took out the ram stick and put it in a different slot and pushed the power button and then IT FUCKING POSTED . I can't believe that it didn't cross my mind to install the Fuking RAM stick on a different slot and now I have to pay this guy for doing this. 

But at the end of the day I'm happy that my PC is now up and running.

Thanks to each and every one of you for suggesting solutions even if it didn't work it gave me hope that it will so thanks a lot. 😬

AHHHH This has also happened to me xD

Im happy its now working :D

SETUP:

• Ryzen 9 3900XT @ 4.3 all core (peak core voltage 1.3)  (water)
  • 2x8GB TeamGroup 8Pack Ripped Edition 3600mhz CL14
  • RTX 2080ti OCd @ +150 core, +1000 memory (water)
  • Aorus B550 Elite (rev1)

Personal Bests:

• Cinebench R15: 1785  1883 (Aug 2020)
  • Cinebench R20: 4136  4243 7125 7550 (Feb 2021)
  • 3DMark/Time Spy: 10,238 13,106 13,993 14,149 15,295 (Feb 2021)

Build Log: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1314971-the-ultimate-noctua-pc-15-fans-custom-loop-case-mods/