DRAM Calculator for Ryzen acting weird

So I go into the DRAM Calculator, import my Thaiphoon html, and put in the rest of the info. I checked my RAM and saw that it was A2, so I changed the imported “Manual” PCB type to the option that contained A2 (i think it was A3/A2/A1 or something). I then calculated the fast version, but noticed all my timings that I imported (which are the ones in the first column like tCL, tRCDWR, tRCDRD, tRP, etc.) had been set to 0. I figured that that wasn’t supposed to happen.

I changed the DRAM PCB Type option back to “Manual” and attempted to calculate the fast version again. My timings stayed at the imported values and didn’t change to zeros, but it gave me an error that the “Manual” option can only be used when calculating the safe version.

What should I do? I know that most people do fast because it is still safe to use (and it’s faster), but I don’t know if I’m able to do that. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Dont use the calculator then. It generally does minor tweaks on fast mode. Nothing you couldn't handle yourself. 

Tighten cas latency from 18 to 16 by itself and see if it posts. You'll shave off some latency just from that alone.

@ShrimpBrime so... use the calculator in safe mode with the “Manual” PCB setting, then, if the cas is 18, change it to 16 (which is my rated cas)?

Just now, IAmAFrenchFry said:

@ShrimpBrime so... use the calculator in safe mode with the “Manual” PCB setting, then, if the cas is 18, change it to 16 (which is my rated cas)?

I have no idea what your system specs are sir, including the memory....

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I have no idea what your system specs are sir, including the memory....

My apologies. This is my parts list (please don’t judge lots of stuff was out of stock when i bought lol)

2 minutes ago, IAmAFrenchFry said:

My apologies. This is my parts list (please don’t judge lots of stuff was out of stock when i bought lol)

OK the memory is 16-19-19-39. Try 16-18-18-36 2T command rate. See how that goes.

4 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

OK the memory is 16-19-19-39. Try 16-18-18-36 2T command rate. See how that goes.

With the rest being the safe settings with “Manual” PCB? Also, what fields do I change for each of those?

With the rest being the safe settings with “Manual” PCB? Also, what fields do I change for each of those?

Well you close all the programs and restart the PC and input these settings into bios. 

Then when you restart, see if it posts. Then you only need cpu-z to confirm the changes to the primary settings and voltage. That is all.

8 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Well you close all the programs and restart the PC and input these settings into bios.

Sorry, I should’ve been more clear. I mean what fields in the bios do I replace (like which bios fields will the 16, the 18, the other 18, and the 36 go into)?

Also, I’m still confused. Do I replace the rest of the settings with the “Manual” PCB safe settings from the calculator or no?

1 minute ago, IAmAFrenchFry said:

Sorry, I should’ve been more clear. I mean what fields in the bios do I replace (like which bios fields will the 16, the 18, the other 18, and the 36 go into)?

Also, I’m still confused. Do I replace the rest of the settings with the “Manual” PCB safe settings from the calculator or no?

Right. So you have XMP enabled. (In bios here)

Then go to memory timings and yes, change the 19s to 18s and the 39 to 36. Find the one that says CR or command rate put that to 2T. This will help with stability. 

There's a way you can tell by physically looking at the memory sticks what the PCB is. I'll come back with a link for you, and you can confirm exactly what PCB you have ok?? Give me a minute or two.

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Right. So you have XMP enabled. (In bios here)

Then go to memory timings and yes, change the 19s to 18s and the 39 to 36. Find the one that says CR or command rate put that to 2T. This will help with stability. 

There's a way you can tell by physically looking at the memory sticks what the PCB is. I'll come back with a link for you, and you can confirm exactly what PCB you have ok?? Give me a minute or two.

I used this to figure it out AND I looked up the heat spreader.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

@IAmAFrenchFry

Here's that link. it will show you how to identify your memory stick.

If yours looks different from these two shown in the link, then it's A3 PCB.

https://community.hwbot.org/topic/187637-a1-or-a2-pcb-easy-recognition/

Ha, we got the same link.

But I know that they are A2 already, so what do I do with that? I put it in the calculator and it changed my timings, as I said in my post. Do I even use the calculator? Or do I just enable XMP/DOCP, then adjust those timings (16-19-19-39 to 16-18-18-36), then change the command rate to 2t?

1 minute ago, IAmAFrenchFry said:

I used this to figure it out AND I looked up the heat spreader.

lol, I just linked that to ya! Cool well at least you've done your research!!

The best way to tweak memory, is a little at a time. Generally ONE setting at a time. 

Lots of time changing settings and testing. This ordeal could take you weeks of evenings after work/school getting it set up just right. Just a heads up there. It won't be accomplished tonight.

Ha, we got the same link.

But I know that they are A2 already, so what do I do with that? I put it in the calculator and it changed my timings, as I said in my post. Do I even use the calculator? Or do I just enable XMP/DOCP, then adjust those timings (16-19-19-39 to 16-18-18-36), then change the command rate to 2t?

Yes enable XMP/DOCP (same thing)

Then go to the timings page in bios and change the settings desired. As I said, a little at a time is best.

test along the way. take your time and be patient. 

Do I even use the calculator? 

Specifically, if it doesn't work properly, then no. 

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Specifically, if it doesn't work properly, then no. 

Does the issue I stated originally (either no imported timings, specific PCB type, and fast or imported timings, not specific PCB type, and safe) count as not working properly?

Does the issue I stated originally (either no imported timings, specific PCB type, and fast or imported timings, not specific PCB type, and safe) count as not working properly?

Yes. The DRAM calculator does not cover all memory makes and models on the planet. 

This adventure your going to tweak on your own I think. And there's nothing wrong with that. It just takes time.