Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ISP blocking Mine craft network

I wanted to create my own hosting server on mine craft and i did all the steps on a whole bunch of tutorials and all. i can join the server by typing "localhost" in the server address but when friends type my public IP they get network errors. I have done port forwarding and made exceptions on my firewall so that the networks can get through but it still doesn't work. i asked help on discord and someone said they ran a MRP and found that my ISP is blocking they'r networks. The website i use to config my router (where i made my port forwarding) is called BaudTec (its pretty old). I also used Port checker to see if the port opened but they didnt and everything is closed. can someone help me figure out whats blocking the signals so i can invite people into my server without any problems. 

By the way, i am running windows 10 with the batch file of 1.16 and server is running and i know it works because when i join the server using "localhost" in the command box that tells me whats happening, i can see i joined and i can change player model stuff there. 

Let me know if you need any other information or if you want to help, thank you

What is your isp?

Pegasides Server:

Dell r620

2x Intel E5-2630 6 core

4x 16gb ECC 1333mhz

2x Dell 15k 146gb

4x Lenovo HGST Ultrastar SSD1600MR 250gb

1x Solarflare 2 port 10gbe SFP+

Phoenix Server:

Dell r610

2x Intel x5650 6 core

12x 4gb ECC 1333mhz

2x Dell 15k 146gb

2x Samsung Evo 850 250gb

1x Solarflare 2 port 10gbe SFP+

1 minute ago, MartinIAm said:

What is your isp?

Im not really sure what ISP means but im guessing internet service provider. I live in Asia and the ISP is called true. but the router can be configged with a home gateway from BaudTec

12 minutes ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

I wanted to create my own hosting server on mine craft and i did all the steps on a whole bunch of tutorials and all. i can join the server by typing "localhost" in the server address but when friends type my public IP they get network errors. I have done port forwarding and made exceptions on my firewall so that the networks can get through but it still doesn't work. i asked help on discord and someone said they ran a MRP and found that my ISP is blocking they'r networks. The website i use to config my router (where i made my port forwarding) is called BaudTec (its pretty old). I also used Port checker to see if the port opened but they didnt and everything is closed. can someone help me figure out whats blocking the signals so i can invite people into my server without any problems. 

By the way, i am running windows 10 with the batch file of 1.16 and server is running and i know it works because when i join the server using "localhost" in the command box that tells me whats happening, i can see i joined and i can change player model stuff there. 

Let me know if you need any other information or if you want to help, thank you

I'd be pretty surprised if the ISP was blocking Minecraft. One thing you could try, to find out if it's your local machines firewall, is to try to connect via the local network, via a different machine.

Also note: you can find your local IP address in command line:

ipconfig

Use the IPv4 address that it spits out for the proper adapter.

The WAN address will be a different IPv4 address, which can be found by visiting a site like https://www.whatismyip.com/

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, Nvidia RTX 2060, 16 GB 2400 MT/s DDR4 Fedora 33 x86_64

Secondary: Intel Xeon W3680, Nvidia GTX 660, 24 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3 Windows 10 Home x86_64

Server: 2x Intel Xeon X5670, 72 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3-R Ubuntu Server 20.04.1 LTS x86_64

Laptop: Intel Core i5-3320M, 16 GB 1600 MT/s DDR3 Fedora 33 x86_64

1 minute ago, svmlegacy said:

I'd be pretty surprised if the ISP was blocking Minecraft. One thing you could try, to find out if it's your local machines firewall, is to try to connect via the local network, via a different machine.

Also note: you can find your local IP address in command line:

ipconfig

Use the IPv4 address that it spits out for the proper adapter.

The WAN address will be a different IPv4 address, which can be found by visiting a site like https://www.whatismyip.com/

Ye i usually use the local IP. i made exceptions on my firewall for java and for minecraft both on UPD and UTP or however it goes. and im not really sure what you mean by connect via the local network. im using a LAN cable right now to the computer that has the server running. if you can give me a step by step on what to do, id be more than happy to try.

2 minutes ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

Ye i usually use the local IP. i made exceptions on my firewall for java and for minecraft both on UPD and UTP or however it goes. and im not really sure what you mean by connect via the local network. im using a LAN cable right now to the computer that has the server running. if you can give me a step by step on what to do, id be more than happy to try.

Well, if your friend is not on your local network (Also under your router) they will not be able to use the address provided by ipconfig. They'll need to use the address given by whatismyip

Secondary: Intel Xeon W3680, Nvidia GTX 660, 24 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3 Windows 10 Home x86_64

Server: 2x Intel Xeon X5670, 72 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3-R Ubuntu Server 20.04.1 LTS x86_64

1 minute ago, svmlegacy said:

Well, if your friend is not on your local network (Also under your router) they will not be able to use the address provided by ipconfig. They'll need to use the address given by whatismyip

Ye, i gave my friend my public IP, i was told by another person that this is the way they can join. for me the IP starts with 124 and so on

1 minute ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

Ye, i gave my friend my public IP, i was told by another person that this is the way they can join. for me the IP starts with 124 and so on

So if you try to join the server on a different machine in the local network (also managed by the same router), using the local IP address and port, what happens?

8 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

So if you try to join the server on a different machine in the local network (also managed by the same router), using the local IP address and port, what happens?

i used a mac book since its the only thing i have, i put my public IP address as the server address but i get a connection timed out error. even though i made exceptions in my firewall for java and minecraft and i also port forwarded.

1 hour ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

i used a mac book since its the only thing i have, i put my public IP address as the server address but i get a connection timed out error. even though i made exceptions in my firewall for java and minecraft and i also port forwarded.

Your router will prevent you from hairpinning (going out your local network and coming right back in). You'll need to use your local IPv4 address.

Since you're somewhere in Asia where they have a huge shortage of IPv4 addresses I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if you were behind CG-NAT which brings a whole host of problems, the least of which being an inability to port forward.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

15 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Your router will prevent you from hairpinning (going out your local network and coming right back in). You'll need to use your local IPv4 address.

Since you're somewhere in Asia where they have a huge shortage of IPv4 addresses I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if you were behind CG-NAT which brings a whole host of problems, the least of which being an inability to port forward.

Ye for the port forward i used my IPv4 address (i got it in cmd using ipconfig). and also what do you mean by i have to use my local IPv4 address, isnt that what im using right now? (typing ipconfig into cmd and under IPv4 address is what i port forwarded. So im basically out of luck if this doesnt work right?

3 minutes ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

Ye for the port forward i used my IPv4 address (i got it in cmd using ipconfig). and also what do you mean by i have to use my local IPv4 address, isnt that what im using right now? (typing ipconfig into cmd and under IPv4 address is what i port forwarded. So im basically out of luck if this doesnt work right?

You said you used your public IPv4 address, that would be the 124 address which would not work locally on the network, for that you need your ipconfig address which is your local address (Likely a 192.168 address). If you tried to connect your macbook to the local IPv4 address (not the public 124 address) to the minecraft server and it didn't work then the issue is local to your network, port forwarding isn't even coming into play.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You said you used your public IPv4 address, that would be the 124 address which would not work locally on the network, for that you need your ipconfig address which is your local address (Likely a 192.168 address). If you tried to connect your macbook to the local IPv4 address (not the public 124 address) to the minecraft server and it didn't work then the issue is local to your network, port forwarding isn't even coming into play.

ye im new to creating a server and net working stuff. what i have right now is a port forward of my IPv4 address to the 25565 (minecraft port code) and i have the firewall of my windows set to let MC and java get through. The server address i have tried connecting to in MC is my public IP the 124... meanwhile for my port forwarded address i used the 192... do i use the 192 address as a way to join the server? what my goal for this port forwarding and all this, i have a friend in canada i want to play with, i opened the server and i can connect using localhost as the server address. and i want him to join and hes not on the same network therefore i did the port forward.

22 minutes ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

ye im new to creating a server and net working stuff. what i have right now is a port forward of my IPv4 address to the 25565 (minecraft port code) and i have the firewall of my windows set to let MC and java get through. The server address i have tried connecting to in MC is my public IP the 124... meanwhile for my port forwarded address i used the 192... do i use the 192 address as a way to join the server? what my goal for this port forwarding and all this, i have a friend in canada i want to play with, i opened the server and i can connect using localhost as the server address. and i want him to join and hes not on the same network therefore i did the port forward.

To test it locally on your network use the 192 address on your macbook to join the server and verify that part. However for the public address, which is what you should give to your friend to join, if that doesn't work after you verify local connectivity then I'd suspect you're behind CG-NAT in which case you won't be able to do anything. You could try calling up your ISP and seeing if they can give you a fixed public IPv4 address but it will almost certainly cost money, not sure how much though.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 hours ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

Asia

We ran out of IPv 4 addresses a while ago. I’ve heard many ISPs in Asia have stared using Carrier Grade NAT. That pretty much makes running servers much harder as you will need the ISP to port forward on their network as well. You can generally find out if your ISP is going this by checking out your external IP address and seeing if it falls in to a private range. In some cases you can use a VPN to tunnel out or better yet pay for hosting. 

Not sure about your ISP but many ISPs in the US forbid users from operating internet facing servers. That being said, if your not pulling down lots of data they generally don’t bat an eye. But technically they can terminate your service if you get caught, or force you on a more expensive business plan. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

12 minutes ago, Lurick said:

To test it locally on your network use the 192 address on your macbook to join the server and verify that part. However for the public address, which is what you should give to your friend to join, if that doesn't work after you verify local connectivity then I'd suspect you're behind CG-NAT in which case you won't be able to do anything. You could try calling up your ISP and seeing if they can give you a fixed public IPv4 address but it will almost certainly cost money, not sure how much though.

aight ill try that. if that doesnt help welp, i guess im stuck for now hehe... thank you for your help though

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

We ran out of IPv 4 addresses a while ago. I’ve heard many ISPs in Asia have stared using Carrier Grade NAT. That pretty much makes running servers much harder as you will need the ISP to port forward on their network as well. You can generally find out if your ISP is going this by checking out your external IP address and seeing if it falls in to a private range. In some cases you can use a VPN to tunnel out or better yet pay for hosting. 

Not sure about your ISP but many ISPs in the US forbid users from operating internet facing servers. That being said, if your not pulling down lots of data they generally don’t bat an eye. But technically they can terminate your service if you get caught, or force you on a more expensive business plan. 

Damn, im moving anyways in a couple of days to the middle east and ill check if it works when im over there. thank you for the explanation and for your help as well.

20 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Aight i tried joining with another computer using my 192 address but it didn't work, so i guess im out of luck, and ill have to see in the middle east. thank you again for your help and i hope i didnt waste your time on this hehe...

7 minutes ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

Aight i tried joining with another computer using my 192 address but it didn't work, so i guess im out of luck, and ill have to see in the middle east. thank you again for your help and i hope i didnt waste your time on this hehe...

If using the 192 address fails then it's a configuration issue with your MC server, nothing to do with port forwarding at that point.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

9 minutes ago, Lurick said:

If using the 192 address fails then it's a configuration issue with your MC server, nothing to do with port forwarding at that point.

I’m not really sure then because I followed a step by step and I can see it’s working properly and that I can join it myself. Looking at the properties, I can set a server IP which I’m not sure if that would help. As I said I’m new to this so I’m not sure what some stuff means.