Help me pick a Video Card for my build

I'm in the UK and 400 to 500 pounds is my budget. My question/s is should I go for something like a 5700xt or downgrade the processor and maybe the M.2 and go for a 2070 super? 

Large selection of games from newer titles to older ones Call Of duty a lot of battle front 2 I play some of the new triple A games like the new Resident evil I played fallen order when it came out.

I do programming on my computer a lot but the compile times don't really bother me much on an I7 6700K that I'm using now. 

I have a small 120 gb old Samsung 840 Evo and a 2TB Seagate Barracuda SSHD. I usually stick to 1080P 144 HZ. My old computer is getting upgraded and I have the money saved to upgrade. 

P. S

I have heard the case doesn't come with fans. Is this true? Will I need to buy some?

In case it's unclear from the post, the part list is what I've already decided on minus going for a 3600 and a smaller m.2.

Wait for next gen GPUs coming in a few months. It'll be worth the wait :) And I'm not saying that "just because". It'll be a very big difference. Price to performance as well.

I think that's probably the best option but as I'm selling the old rig I don't think I could wait for the new Cards, especially with how much Nvidia pricing has climbed recently.