What is this and what is it worth (Intel Atom motherboard)

I build and flip pc’s as a side hustle, and recently bought a super cheap pc (I wanted the case/psu/hdd), and this thing came within it.

anybody know what it exactly is and it’s value/purpose? Seller told me the pc had been running as a router. The board also came with what looks to be an add-on ethernet Port But I might be wrong, so I included it on the pictures (I thought it might belong to the board).

the stuff I do have figured out is the following;

it’s a mobo with an intel Atom inside, only 24 pin power. The board uses DDR2 (came with 2x1 800 MHz)

it’s OEM? (The green pcb makes me suspect that)

soooo, again; anybody know what it exactly is and it’s value and what you can use it for?

51F536DD-7B8C-428F-BC6D-52E60885EE57.jpeg

71E5BC6D-D2E1-4ED4-8DD5-9B6E686C455B.jpeg

18980D2B-BB2F-476A-8BCB-8D52EA2335C4.jpeg

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

That appears to be a very very old OEM system. You can't even install a GPU, it uses a PCI slot.

But what is it worth? You’re saying its purpose is just an home pc like any other but without sound? (Passive cooling)

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

This is what we use to make keychains

So what should I sell it like? Or should I just throw it away or just go for personal use?

To a regular PC builder: nothing 

To someone whos looking for this specific oem thing: $30

If you judge a fish based on its ability to climb trees it will go its whole life thinking its a failure.

1 minute ago, Bobotie1 said:

So what should I sell it like? Or should I just throw it away or just go for personal use?

It's not worth any money.

Just now, Matty2048 said:

To a regular PC builder: nothing 

To someone whos looking for this specific oem thing: $30

Guess I’ll look if anybody is looking for this and otherwise just list it for the 30 and wait?

You could put a super light weight OS on it, and use it as a crappy web browser. But for actual use or someone buying it, it's useless.

4 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

You could put a super light weight OS on it, and use it as a crappy web browser. But for actual use or someone buying it, it's useless.

If listed it for 5 bucks, if it doesn’t sell within a week I’ll throw it away :)

I wouldn't say it is worthless, but certainly it doesn't have significant value. It's a low power CPU, in both performance and consumption. Might be ok for non-demanding server uses, like the router mentioned originally. It seems to be mini-ITX form factor so it potentially could fit in a small case.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

30 minutes ago, Bobotie1 said:

I build and flip pc’s as a side hustle, and recently bought a super cheap pc (I wanted the case/psu/hdd), and this thing came within it.

anybody know what it exactly is and it’s value/purpose? Seller told me the pc had been running as a router. The board also came with what looks to be an add-on ethernet Port But I might be wrong, so I included it on the pictures (I thought it might belong to the board).

the stuff I do have figured out is the following;

it’s a mobo with an intel Atom inside, only 24 pin power. The board uses DDR2 (came with 2x1 800 MHz)

it’s OEM? (The green pcb makes me suspect that)

soooo, again; anybody know what it exactly is and it’s value and what you can use it for?

51F536DD-7B8C-428F-BC6D-52E60885EE57.jpeg

71E5BC6D-D2E1-4ED4-8DD5-9B6E686C455B.jpeg

18980D2B-BB2F-476A-8BCB-8D52EA2335C4.jpeg

That PCI card is a Realtek RTL8139 Ethernet adapter, with no wake-on-lan and no PXE boot-rom.

The motherboard is an ITX Intel Desktop board, possibly this one:

https://www.amazon.ca/Intel-Mini-ITX-Motherboard-Retail-BOXD410PT/dp/B00336YCCU

51V83T5KhwL._AC_.jpg

It's probably not worth $50 USD, but these kinds of boards are usually more useful as cheap linux routers or something you might have in your garage.

The motherboard has an Intel Atom cpu soldered to it, and that can run without any fan because it doesn't produce a lot of heat

The Atom is limited to 2 GB of ram, hence the 2 slots, and maximum 2 x 1 GB ... for this reason it's recommended to use 32bit operating systems with it.

The person that gave you this also gave you that PCI ethernet network card. He added the card so he could have two network cards in the system.

HE usd the system as a router - one network card is connected to a cable modem or whatever the ISP gives you, and the other netork card is connected to a network switch. The software running on this system then acts as a "traffic cop" giving computers unique IP addresses, limiting speed to individual computers in network if desired, blocking connections (firewall) and so on.

THe PCI bus has a maximum bandwidth of 133 MB/s which is enough for a gigabit ethernet card which has a maximum speed of 125 MB/s

As for price, you can buy such Atom boards on ebay for 20-40$ ... you can buy NEW boards that are much faster and have better features for around 60$, for example : https://www.newegg.com/asrock-j3355b-itx-mini-itx/p/N82E16813157726?Item=N82E16813157726

Mostly used for information kiosks, point of sale or as a home-made router or low-end NAS.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7