Should I Use Kitchen Towel to Wipe my phone?

ManosMax13

So I have been always using  kitchen towel to wipe my phone with a bit of alcohol  but I've recently read that  using  kitchen towel might scratch your phone so I'm wondering is this a real possibility because screens now are better and stronger personally have a note 10 light from Samsung which I think uses gorilla glass 3. Will using kitchen towel scratch my screen?

Is there material in the towel that's harder than glass or whatever material the phone is made out of?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Like my parents allways told me: use protection!

Screen protection is cheap, efficient and works. If your sandpaper towel scratches it, just put on a new one.

52 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

I've recently read that  using  kitchen towel might scratch your phone

I'm curious, where have you read this? There's no way that's happening.

4 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

So I have been always using  kitchen towel to wipe my phone with a bit of alcohol  but I've recently read that  using  kitchen towel might scratch your phone so I'm wondering is this a real possibility because screens now are better and stronger personally have a note 10 light from Samsung which I think uses gorilla glass 3. Will using kitchen towel scratch my screen?

The wisest thing to do is use a microfibre cloth, like the kind that come with glasses (or some computers, for that matter). It won't scratch your screen even if you're enthusiastic.

Also, check with your phone maker on whether or not they recommend alcohol. Things have changed a bit with the pandemic, but I usually dampen the cloth a bit with water (as recommended) if I'm not worried about viruses.

4 hours ago, Slottr said:

Is there material in the towel that's harder than glass or whatever material the phone is made out of?

I dont think so but ive heard that it can still scratch it...

Just now, ManosMax13 said:

I dont think so but ive heard that it can still scratch it...

Glass will only scratch when you wipe a material that is harder on it. If you're so worried about it scratching, why don't you just go use a different cloth? Or hell, a tshirt

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Not unless its some really expensive kitchen towel that somehow has metal or mineral particles in it.

If you are that afraid, why not just use regular tissues instead?

Its the same about all paper products as they come from wood fibers.

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Glass will only scratch when you wipe a material that is harder on it. If you're so worried about it scratching, why don't you just go use a different cloth? Or hell, a tshirt

I am not that worried I just read it and I got curious,I use a microfiber cloth but it gets dirty pretty quick...

57 minutes ago, Commodus said:

The wisest thing to do is use a microfibre cloth, like the kind that come with glasses (or some computers, for that matter). It won't scratch your screen even if you're enthusiastic.

Also, check with your phone maker on whether or not they recommend alcohol. Things have changed a bit with the pandemic, but I usually dampen the cloth a bit with water (as recommended) if I'm not worried about viruses.

I also use microfiber cloths but they get dirty quick because my phone has many smudges and spots from dried sweat...