Low score on Cinebench with Ryzen 5 3600

1 minute ago, Aimi said:

If you were running all of those programs at the time of the test then it's no wonder your score isn't as expected.

Well the thing is it was like that right after a clean start.

By the looks of your screen shot you've got a zillion things open. Close everything down and check RAM usage too before you start the bench.

7 minutes ago, umut255 said:

Well the thing is it was like that right after a clean start.

If you get low scores even with little to nothing running,  I would check task manager to be sure because windows loves to start all kinds of apps once you boot, I would make sure it isn't throttling at all due to temperature but it looks like maybe you already did that. What frequencies are your cores staying at when you run the cinebench? you may want to check your bios settings or even update your bios

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

Just now, thedangerine said:

If you get low scores even with little to nothing running,  I would check task manager to be sure because windows loves to start all kinds of apps once you boot, I would make sure it isn't throttling at all due to temperature but it looks like maybe you already did that. What frequencies are your cores staying at when you run the cinebench? you may want to check your bios settings or even update your bios

image.thumb.png.c264b43c5fdfc8457f521439fc765034.png

It is literally using little to no resources in the background. At least it is a little better when nothing is on.

Can you update with a picture of your power draw and temps while the test is running? It's showing that you're hitting 93c which is pretty darn hot.

Just now, KaitouX said:

93C is naturally going to cause some performance loss.

My system is new cooler is stock what could be the problem?

1 minute ago, nekrotik said:

Can you update with a picture of your power draw and temps while the test is running? It's showing that you're hitting 93c which is pretty darn hot.

Welcome to the site btw.

You could also try setting the cinebench process to realtime priority in task manager. It won't actually show it's progress so it'll look like it crashed but it actually hasn't. 

1 minute ago, umut255 said:

Welcome to the site btw.

Thanks!

Could be a power delivery issue, I would try updating your bios maybe see if that helps, from what I have found online it looks like you are missing maybe 300 points which is more than I would think but not a crazy amount

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

Remount the cooler with some new thermal paste, also update your bios and turn off any auto OC, the CPU probably shouldn't be going over 1.4V at stock.

5 minutes ago, nekrotik said:

You could also try setting the cinebench process to realtime priority in task manager. It won't actually show it's progress so it'll look like it crashed but it actually hasn't. 

Thanks!

Yeah my mouse and everything froze up while doing the test but here is the results in real time mode. Untitled.thumb.png.4110a09386669b38e1b21a5ee3607bf9.png

2 minutes ago, thedangerine said:

Could be a power delivery issue, I would try updating your bios maybe see if that helps, from what I have found online it looks like you are missing maybe 300 points which is more than I would think but not a crazy amount

Try installing Ryzen Master and you should be able to see if this is true. If you are hitting PPT consistently, then that should mean that your power delivery is fine. With a Dark Rock Pro 4 and stock settings my chip was boosting to around 4.05 all core during the cinebench run, and my PPT was maxed out the whole time. Installing chipset drivers might also help, as well as enabling the High Performance power plan. 

2 minutes ago, nekrotik said:

Try installing Ryzen Master and you should be able to see if this is true. If you are hitting PPT consistently, then that should mean that your power delivery is fine. With a Dark Rock Pro 4 and stock settings my chip was boosting to around 4.05 all core during the cinebench run, and my PPT was maxed out the whole time. Installing chipset drivers might also help, as well as enabling the High Performance power plan. 

image.thumb.png.b8fa5faf8a1827e2cb7a61f4f51efb74.pngHere is the result when running the benchmark.

2 minutes ago, umut255 said:

image.thumb.png.b8fa5faf8a1827e2cb7a61f4f51efb74.pngHere is the result when running the benchmark.

Try setting the voltage to 1.25. That should bring your temps down quite a bit and hopefully boost the clocks.

8 minutes ago, nekrotik said:

image.thumb.png.e350a380d34f6c37b3b64e898837e68b.pngThis is with auto oc disabled.

7 minutes ago, nekrotik said:

Try setting the voltage to 1.25. That should bring your temps down quite a bit and hopefully boost the clocks.

That actually lowered down my scores a lot Untitled.thumb.png.70af830aed9d8ad0e3289a687a1ef899.png

Try doing it as an undervolt instead, just try going down 200mV or so to start

2 minutes ago, nekrotik said:

Try doing it as an undervolt instead, just try going down 200mV or so to start

Lowering it by 50mV reduced the performance by a lot also.

I'd try a bios update if you can then, and maybe try just tightening the screws on your cooler down a bit more. If you can get a manual oc to 4.3 at under 1.3v then you'll be in great shape too.

13 minutes ago, nekrotik said:

I'd try a bios update if you can then, and maybe try just tightening the screws on your cooler down a bit more. If you can get a manual oc to 4.3 at under 1.3v then you'll be in great shape too.

I could not even get to 4.2 without touching voltage.

13 minutes ago, nekrotik said:

My mobo is b450 tomahawk max and when I turn on game mode it crashes when I benchmark.

Try setting 4.2 with 1.3v in Ryzen master and applying. You have to be under the manual oc setting to be able to set voltage. Set memory controls to excluded so it doesn't mess with that.