Redragon Kumara software not working

Vuckex

So when I try and run the software for Redragon Kumara K552-RGB it says "device is not detected,the key settings can't be displayed". I tried restarting my computer but it didn't work. Does anyone have a solution to this?

redragon.png

Can you try uninstalling keyboard driver from Device Manager?

1 hour ago, efedesu said:

Can you try uninstalling keyboard driver from Device Manager?

Why would I uninstall drivers? Isn't it better to search for the driver update?

1 hour ago, Vuckex said:

Generally uninstalling and installing drivers again solves the problem. When you search driver update it will probably say "its already up-to-date". If problem continues, try contacting with Redragon.

• 7 months later...

In case anyone is still having this issue, follow the steps in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jefxh9a3dz4 Use this link to get to the download site. https://www.redragon.com.br/software-kumara

• 6 months later...
On 7/17/2020 at 12:25 PM, Vuckex said:

Broooooo you get to fix the problem? It happened to me just yesterday and I have not been able to solve it

I have two of these.  One of them is the Kumara K552-1 and it shows all the problems described above.  I have a Kumara K552RGB2 and that one programs like a dream.  Having a functioning keyboard in my hands it is clear that the K552-1 just doesn't have the features.  It has backlight on/off (Fn-ScrLck) and it has the ability to either blink red or hold solid red (Fn-Home).  When you are in solid red, you can control the brightness with Fn-Minus and Fn-Plus.  If you have this version 1 keyboard you will see the clues on the keys.  These special features have a boxy icon on them.  Most of the other Fn commands do windows things like open calculator or turn up or down your volume.  For Gaming, or by accident, you can toggle the windows key lockout with Fn-WindowsKey

This solves the mystery for me.  My older gen Kumara straight up cannot do it.  My kiddo's Kumara gen 2 has so many light shows which I didn't see any videos cover.  All of INS/HOME/DEL/END/PgUp/PgDn activate some preconfigured light shows and there are three or four light shows per key... probably 18-24 light shows.  And you can control the color of the light show with FN right arrow.  It is leagues beyond what my keyboard does. 

Also a good note:  We did all this with no drivers.  Both computers are using the basic Win10 keyboard HID drivers.

• 1 year later...

<removed>

I had the same issue of main post. Tried to use this ""solution"" and brick my keyboard. This guy should burn!

Edited by Spotty

1 hour ago, arrabal18 said:

I had the same issue of main post. Tried to use this ""solution"" and brick my keyboard. This guy should burn!

You are lucky you didn't get something nastier than just a bricked KB...
Do not download executables from random people online.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

On 9/2/2023 at 2:23 AM, Biohazard777 said:

You are lucky you didn't get something nastier than just a bricked KB...
Do not download executables from random people online.

Yep, rookie's fault. I believed in the “community filter”, but it didn't happen.

I managed to unbrick the keyboard, but with the stock firmware of the k556 (the only one I found online). The keyboard is working again, but none Redragon's software recognizes to customize led and macros.

If someone have the Kumara RGB K552RGB-1 (v1) stock firmware, I'll be very glad.